Building a powerful desktop

Hello errbody,

So basically as the title states I am in the process of ordering the parts for a new desktop. I only really play wow/d3 at the moment, but can see myself playing more powerful games in the future. I am an audio engineer and working on building my own home studio, so I this desktop is an investment twords that.

I have a few questions, but first here are the parts I have in mind.

Motherboard-Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4-TH

Processor-Intel Core i5-3570k QuadCore

Video Card-GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 Ti WINDFORCE 2X OC Edition

Ram-Patriot Memory Viper 3 Series Venom Red (x2-total of 32g ram)

Power Supply-TX750wt Power Supply Corsair

Monitor-Asus VS247H-P 24 inch

Tower-Coolmaster Storm Trooper

OS-Win7

So with the exception of a few other little things like keyboard/mouse/cd drive, that is what I plan to put in this thing. Now for the questions:

What will this not be able to do, if anything?

Will I be able to get rid of the annoying fog that appears in wow even on max settings? (I have seen a video of someone doing this, they could basically see an entire continent of the game with 60fps, though it requires a machinima tool).

I am new to building computers, but have someone helping me that has years of experience. My goal with this machine is to build something that has the potential to be semi future-proof and powerful. It has parts that as far as I understand are the best bang for your buck. They aren't BIS but close to it, as upgrading to the actual BIS for everything would cost more than the extra performance is worth (and honestly wayyyyy more than I will ever need).

Thanks in advance for all help. Any tips would be awesome!

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 04:44 AM ----------

Also, I have an external sound card (audio interface) so I have no need to have an internal card, seeing as it's a desktop.

Do you have a budget in mind?

I don't know much about the RAM requirements for audio processing but 32 GB seems, more than likely, overkill by at least double.

MoBo and Processor are nice. I would consider i7-3770K though (price should equal out if you're going to halve your RAM). 3570 is better for gaming but since you plan to use it for audio processing, the 3770K will probably perform better in those tasks. I'm not sure about getting rid of the fog. All I can tell you is that I have a 7950 (OCed to 1100/1475) and a 3570K (OCed to 4.2) and I just did HoF LFR and those big trash packs with massive AoE brought me down to 35 FPS on Ultra Settings, which impressed me. I believe the 660 TI and 7950 are almost on par as far as performance (I think the 7950 edges out ahead but I could be wrong).

Stock Cooler or after market? I advise for an after market -- Hyper 212 Evo or a Noctua D14 (latter takes up more space but performs better -- also costs about $50 more).