SV - Questions about Pets and Stampede

Hey all,

1. As an SV Hunter, what 5 pets do you keep on you? I have my major buffs covered with Wolf, Cat, Serpent and an extra interrupt with the Gorilla. Wondering what other folks are doing to fill the stable. Are most keeping a few exotics for Lust/Brez?

2. In 5-mans, despite the fact I have a macro "/petautocastoff Growl", my Stampede always taunts the boss and one or more of my pets always dies... I've tried a number of macro combinations but it's just not working. Would love some suggestions.

Thanks!

Deleted
    For taunt, you have to summon the pet normally and turn taunt off and it won't cast it during stampede

The pets? Doesn't matter. If your raid is missing a buff or debuff you should have that as your main pet. If you're missing 2 buffs I guess you could add that to your stable. Personally use wolf/cat/windserpent/hyena/raptor.

You're missing 10% Attack speed from hyena. That's your biggest buff, better than wolf/cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You're missing 10% Attack speed from hyena. That's your biggest buff, better than wolf/cat.
    I use Serpent instead of Hyena.

Spell haste and Attack speed are usually least represented buffs in 10man..so Sporebat (SH) and Hyena (AS)

Wolf/Quillen for Crit, Silithid for Stam, Cat for Mastery

I MS BM OS SV, but I keep the following (pet names included for fun ):

1. likesCAKE: Hyena for melee/ranged attack speed
    2. Cuddles: Sporebat for spell haste
    3. Stoney: Quillen for crit (or wolf)
    4. Stripey: Cat for mastery
    5. Rhyme: I switch out for whatever is needed: Usually I'll throw my core-hound in there as BM, but substitute with w/e you need.
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2012-12-31 at 01:51 PM.

Stampede will use whatever you left on. If you leave Taunt on, then they will Taunt. I just use the glyph that makes them all the same, then you only have to be concerned about ONE pet, rather than all 5.

Also, if you summoned your pet and it had taunt on, you must disable it and dismiss/resummon, otherwise it's clones will still have Taunt on.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Stampede will use whatever you left on. If you leave Taunt on, then they will Taunt. I just use the glyph that makes them all the same, then you only have to be concerned about ONE pet, rather than all 5.

Also, if you summoned your pet and it had taunt on, you must disable it and dismiss/resummon, otherwise it's clones will still have Taunt on.
    This is really helpful. Thank you!

Wolf - Crit
    Serpent - Melee Haste
    Cat - Mastery
    Raptor - Armor Debuff
    Shale Spider - Stats

Thats my setup
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

As SV Mastery and increased Magical damage should be at least Mandatory so I carry a Wind Serpent a my Cat this at least in 5mans. Crit is the next followed by Attack Speed. In the last spot I tend to carry the pet that balances or covers a missing buff like increased physical damage or armor debuff. I usually don't carry a sporebat since my raid group has an Elemental Shaman.
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....

1. Scruffy-Crit (Wolf)
    2. Mittens-Mastery(Cat)
    3. Zapdos-8% magic damage (Wind Serpent)
    4. Slick-10% attack speed increase ( Serpent)
    5. Rex-Sunder Armor ( Raptor )

Pretty similar to the others that have been shown, as always just bring the buff needed by the raid and/or party. Blackmist is right though regarding the glyphs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I just use the glyph that makes them all the same, then you only have to be concerned about ONE pet, rather than all 5.
    This is what I'm using. You do benefit from each of your active pet's abilities when you don't have the glyph, but it doesn't matter when the majority of the buffs that your pets carry are already granted by a different class.

My current active pets are a little... subpar. Still need to swap them out.*

Why is everyone using Raptor rather than Tallstrider? Tallstrider applies the 3 stack instantly to everything within 10yds; AoE 3 stack Sunder.

Pets I keep on me:
    1. Wolf
    2. Cat
    3. Serpent
    4. Tallstrider
    5. Boar

Also, I generally keep Growl off even during solo play. If I want something taunted, I just cast it. Keeping Growl off allows me to control my positioning a lot easier. I just kite if I can; else press Growl when the mob gets close to me. The only time I turn on autocast is for rares and quest bosses.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-12-31 at 08:04 PM.

I have this problem with Stampede with taunt as well. Some lets randomly taunt and I've already double checked to have Growl off:/.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    I have this problem with Stampede with taunt as well. Some lets randomly taunt and I've already double checked to have Growl off:/.
    I have this problem as well. I think the issue is that the Glyph remembers the settings when the pet is last brought out (I'll also turn off my crane's sleep sometimes when fighting something like the Elder Viseclaw and the Stampede will still cast it), not what the pet's current settings are.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    As survival:

Wolf (Crit)
    Ravager (Physical)
    Serpent (Haste)
    Wind Serpent (CoE)
    Raptor (Sunder)

Is what i normally use.

As BM i tend to swap the Wind Serpent for either a spirit beast (normal raiding) or a Quillen, LFR emergency res

Still curious about raptor vs tallstrider. I seem to be the only one running a tallstrider...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Still curious about raptor vs tallstrider. I seem to be the only one running a tallstrider...
    After reading your reply here I am now using a tallstrider as well.

I run tallstrider as well...raptor looks cooler, especially when you can tame the 'troll mount model' with saddle and reigns, but yeah...tallstrider > raptor for debuff.