Seen a lot of interest in the a10 5800k for budget builds, this may be of interest

Most reviews i have found of this apu focus on games like battlefield 3 and skyrim or use cataclysm as their wow benchmark. This review i think picked games
    that people here are interested in running on a build like this and haven't been tested and reviewed much.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/review...rformance.html

borderlands 2
    cs: go
    WOW: MoP
    DoTA 2
    F1 2012
    SW: TOR

screen caps are listed along with screen caps of the settings menu.

one point to make is that there is no overclocking, and 1600 ddr3 was used so there is potential to eek out probably 10-15% more performance over what is listed

a barebones of this system (no HDD or optical drive, but with faster ram) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sOLu

Base Total: $279.95
    Shipping: $5.99
    Total: $285.94

hope other find this as useful as I did

If you aren't looking to play the newest games at high settings in 1080p then a 5800K is the most bang for bucks available. Works perfect in WoW as long as you OC the RAM up to 2100mhz+ and do a good OC on the iGPU as well. Have a system running with FM2 MB + 5800K and 8GB RAM. Fully OC'd on the RAM and GPU side and it's capable of running open world WoW and 5 mans at high settings with shadows set to low and spell effects on low @45fps.

If you are really broke and looking to get a playable fps (yes healers, I'm looking at you!) then the 5800K is highly recommended.

edit: BTW, the 5800K actually reaches like 21% performance increase in WoW fully overclocked provided my fraps is not lying to me (yes I have the results in a spreadsheet imported from fraps) and it is very playable. I haven't been able to test raiding on it as it is really just a bedroom streaming/film PC with a shitty keyboard and mouse so I haven't bothered testing it all the way. Feedback on raid performance from users of A10-5800K users would be very appreciated as I am very excited about this particular chip.

If I can get a few hundred extra dollars here soon I think I am gonna use one of these with a tiny mobo to fit in a NES, XBox, or 360. OC the cpu and ram, ssd or 2.5" hdd, power it with picoPSU 160w, and I will have a sweet little htpc / light gaming rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    If you aren't looking to play the newest games at high settings in 1080p then a 5800K is the most bang for bucks available. Works perfect in WoW as long as you OC the RAM up to 2100mhz+ and do a good OC on the iGPU as well. Have a system running with FM2 MB + 5800K and 8GB RAM. Fully OC'd on the RAM and GPU side and it's capable of running open world WoW and 5 mans at high settings with shadows set to low and spell effects on low @45fps.

If you are really broke and looking to get a playable fps (yes healers, I'm looking at you!) then the 5800K is highly recommended.

edit: BTW, the 5800K actually reaches like 21% performance increase in WoW fully overclocked provided my fraps is not lying to me (yes I have the results in a spreadsheet imported from fraps) and it is very playable. I haven't been able to test raiding on it as it is really just a bedroom streaming/film PC with a shitty keyboard and mouse so I haven't bothered testing it all the way. Feedback on raid performance from users of A10-5800K users would be very appreciated as I am very excited about this particular chip.

ive been hoping to find some raiding benches for this cpu/gpu when oc'd with the proper RAM set up but cant find any. I probably will be using the afore mentioned set up for 2 pc's that im giving to 2 guildies as wedding presents. if interested i will post some DIY benchmarks before i mail them out.