Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it already right time for this? Instant lvl 80

I've discussed this topic with some of my friends and we all agreed that at this point as game is already 8 years old blizzard should definitely have a instant lvl 80 feature you can use every now and then. Maybe once a year you could insta level one character to 80 much like the SoR thing. As many of us have families and jobs and got no time to level another character and even with herolims it's just too boring and mind-numbing to level another char to 90. I dont support multi-insta lvl 80, but they definitely should give this alternative than u can use to ding one (1) char every 6 months or 12 months or something.

no

or maybe only for old player or ppl that already have a main that have play high enough ( arena rate - pve raid clear etc)

No.

The game is there to be played.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    No.

The game is there to be played.
    I got your point, but as i have account registered in tbc, it's just too mind-numbing to level another char to 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post
    I got your point, but as i have account registered in tbc, it's just too mind-numbing to level another char to 90.
    Stick to your farmville then.

Maybe a free level 80 of a class you already have leveled to 90, for a different server.

Would be nice since we don't have "herolims" cross server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Then it must also be too mind-numbing to learn how to play it.
    Yeah well, why did they do it with scroll of resurrection then? people were in same situation insta lvl 80. I would say if you have normal level of intelligence u can learn to play in 10 levels as the talent system and all is different now.
    Last edited by mmoc08bbbf072a; 2012-12-29 at 06:37 PM.

I'd love to be able to get level 80s like that. It took me all of 20 mins to learn to play my priest when I got it from the scroll thing so that is a non-issue as long as its only available to veteran players. Point blank most people do not enjoy leveling that much after the first time and after 8 years a lot of us are way past the first time.

Levelling up and max level are totally different, you don't learn anything you need to know at max level while levelling.

IMO it is time to let you choose to start at a higher level.

Deleted
    no
    devalues the content that comes prior to the level regardless if you have never done it, or done it 10 times already.

No. If you want this sort of thing, go private servers because after this comes - lvl 80 with gear, and gold and professions, then 85 s. Laziness is catching and addictive i fear.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cuz it takes so long to level and honestly you need that time to learn how to play. The 80 given by the scroll was a one time use thing for people who had never been scroll res'd before.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

If you don't have the time to level another character, how do you have the time to maintain another character at level cap?

Leveling doesn't take very long at all right now with heirlooms and guild perks, especially 1-80, the part you're proposing skipping. I really don't see the need for or benefit of an "instant 80" feature outside of the beta and PTR.

I don't even agree with them having implemented it as a perk for SoR, but I understand why they did it to entice subs to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    I'd love to be able to get level 80s like that. It took me all of 20 mins to learn to play my priest when I got it from the scroll thing so that is a non-issue as long as its only available to veteran players. Point blank most people do not enjoy leveling that much after the first time and after 8 years a lot of us are way past the first time.
    Maybe it is time to move on to a new game and challenges then? Just asking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    If you don't have the time to level another character, how do you have the time to maintain another character at level cap?
    Because maintaining character at level cap is way more interesting than leveling?

10+ Year Old Account
    For a veteran player, you get access to heirlooms that make 1-85 faceroll.

Send a Scroll of Ressurection to some old friends for a free lvl 80 also.

Also for a lot of people anything less than max level content is trash in their minds. It might as well not even exist in their minds because they wish to experience end game and not the end game from 4 years ago. They also might not enjoy the semi poor questing experience if compared to other games or the bot riddled sub max level pvp world.

@saffa no its not really time for that I enjoy end game raiding and max level content but anything less than that is recycled trash at this point at least for me its pretty much just the leveling aspect that sucks the 9th time around
    Last edited by Erolian; 2012-12-29 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    Maybe a free level 80 of a class you already have leveled to 90, for a different server.

Would be nice since we don't have "herolims" cross server.
    This would be the only way i'd see free insta lvl80's or 90's in a good light, as at least you've already leveled that same class once (and thus believed you know how to play it, unless there's something really wrong with you).

Deleted
    I agree and would really consider coming back to the game if they announce such option. I had big difficulties leveling my alts and I really wanted to have at least one for pvp. I just cound not get past 60, it was such a pain.

Do not get me wrong, I am an experienced player, I just do not have enough time and do not see anything interestinng in doing same quests/lands I did 6 years ago on my main.

And do not give me that "learn the class" bullshit. I am aware of most of the abilities in WoW. Leveling your character has little to do with end game.

I rly want a lvl 90 (or whatever level) char to be given to me as a "bonus" when I'm leveling new char just coz I've played this game for almost 3 years already, but if u think about it from a POV of new player, he'd probably be abit upset about not having access to smth just coz he didn't play the game long enough. (I personally really regret that I started playing late wotlk - ended up missing on astonishing content like tbc and alot of vanity stuff like mounts (legendary AQ mount as an example), FOS'es and legendaries which I'd probably get since I kinda play this game on relatively hardcore level).
    But in case there are no restrictions to "free 90lvl chars", then have fun in random dungeons in the last day of the week when u find out that u are 400 valor under cap and then u meet some retard who doesn't even understand how his class works.
    So yeah, its kind of a "double no" towards the free high lvl chars :<

Ultimately, heirlooms and Krol the Blade is there for a reason and by saying that, I've already stacked 5 flasks in preparation for a leveling marathon for my priest
    Last edited by Makarena; 2012-12-29 at 06:47 PM.