Thread: Rift level cap.

10+ Year Old Account

Rift level cap.

I am planning to get rift real soon. How long does it take to get to level cap? And which server has is more friendly? I heard fabelight or deepwood is good. Side note does anyone know any good starter classes that are in demand of raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Bynaric View Post
    I am planning to get rift real soon. How long does it take to get to level cap? And which server has is more friendly? I heard fabelight or deepwood is good. Side note does anyone know any good starter classes that are in demand of raids?
    Maybe 3-5 days of real play to hit 50, 5-7 days to hit 60. Roughly, if you're hardcore about leveling quickly. The quicker you adapt to your class and the game, the faster your leveling goes. Levels 50-60 will take you roughly as long as 1-50 did.

Any med/high pop server will serve you fine. DL the trial, check out the various shards, and pick. If for some reason you're not happy with what you choose, you can transfer (after hitting level 15) any/all of your characters once per week.

There are only 4 classes (each of which have 9 different talent trees in them). They're all in demand and each class is capable of filling multiple roles. Do some reading or experimenting and choose anything you like. You won't get sat out of raids unless you show up with a 0/0/0 spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh what do you mean by hardcore? I play around 5 hours a day.

Oh what do you mean by hardcore? I play around 5 hours a day.
    For a Rift newb, I'd say you're looking at 60-70 hours to hit 50. It really depends on how much exploration you partake in, how many builds you experiment with, etc. If you find a good build you're comfortable with immediately and can maintain a decent sized group for Instant Adventures (pick up groups for zerg quests, an alternate way to level up to 60) you could hit 50 in half that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    For a Rift newb, I'd say you're looking at 60-70 hours to hit 50. It really depends on how much exploration you partake in, how many builds you experiment with, etc. If you find a good build you're comfortable with immediately and can maintain a decent sized group for Instant Adventures (pick up groups for zerg quests, an alternate way to level up to 60) you could hit 50 in half that time.
    Thanks for the reply! May I ask what server has the most population? And what class would you reccomend being your starter class?

Thanks for the reply! May I ask what server has the most population? And what class would you reccomend being your starter class?
    I don't know if NZ defaults to EU or NA servers. EU's most popular is Icewatch. Wolfsbane, Faeblight, and Deepwood (and most other NA Shards) are quite popular. There are a lot of MMO-C players on Deepwood, though we're present across most of the shards available, regardless.

All 4 classes have their pros and cons. Warriors are the most generic, focused on DPS and tanking with a lot of variety between specs and a buff-support build. Mages are pretty typical, but have some interesting specs that allow for healing through damage, a buff support build, and a new melee spec (if you have the expac). Rogues are quite multifaceted, being perfectly capable tanks, ranged, melee, and support buff/healing. Clerics can pretty much do it all; multiple healing specs, a tank spec, ranged, melee, and ok support specs.

What's your personal playstyle? Any particular favorite role and class in WoW? A bit more info can give us a better idea what to suggest. No one class is really any more difficult than another, so what you like is most important.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Guide-to-Rift should give you a good rundown of all the various sub-classes to make your choice easier.
    Last edited by Acquiesce of Telara; 2012-12-31 at 05:30 AM.

Side note does anyone know any good starter classes that are in demand of raids?
    As you've prolly seen in the intro-to-Rift that Acquiesce linked, each calling has plenty of souls to combine. You're not gonna tank if you're a mage, and you're not gonna heal as a warrior or rogue. Other than that, the role of tank/heals/DPS/support is pretty much open to each calling. If you're in a progression situation, you may be assigned needed build, but the most important decision you're gonna make early on is "what do I not want to do?"

If you do focus exclusively on leveling, you're gonna reach max level pretty poor - it's beneficial to level professions at the same time as yourself. For plat, focus on Foraging, Mining, and Butchering - you're not gonna get anything pretty out of 'em, but you do get lots of mats to sell. Alternatively, find an "Ascend a Friend" that'll give you a stipend - thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if NZ defaults to EU or NA servers. EU's most popular is Icewatch. Wolfsbane, Faeblight, and Deepwood (and most other NA Shards) are quite popular. There are a lot of MMO-C players on Deepwood, though we're present across most of the shards available, regardless.

All 4 classes have their pros and cons. Warriors are the most generic, focused on DPS and tanking with a lot of variety between specs and a buff-support build. Mages are pretty typical, but have some interesting specs that allow for healing through damage, a buff support build, and a new melee spec (if you have the expac). Rogues are quite multifaceted, being perfectly capable tanks, ranged, melee, and support buff/healing. Clerics can pretty much do it all; multiple healing specs, a tank spec, ranged, melee, and ok support specs.

What's your personal playstyle? Any particular favorite role and class in WoW? A bit more info can give us a better idea what to suggest. No one class is really any more difficult than another, so what you like is most important.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Guide-to-Rift should give you a good rundown of all the various sub-classes to make your choice easier.
    Umm I use to main mage in WoW and allods. I tried healing for a week on my bros account and I did pretty good actually. So either cleric or mage. I mostly love doing dps in raids. I don't really dig tanking. I fail to hold aggro ><
    Also is rift like pay to win? Basically in allods you could get raid ready by spending like 200usd.

Also is rift like pay to win? Basically in allods you could get raid ready by spending like 200usd.
    No not at all, most f2p MMOs are heading away from that even, and Rift is p2p. The only thing you can buy is Collector edition upgrades (~10usd) which contain stuff like mounts and for instance a pocket porticulum/starting bag/titles
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh by the way.If I buy the subscription do i still have to buy the base game itself? and do I HAVE to buy storm legion to get to 60

Need storm legion to hit 60 I think.

Also, I think you need the base game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I can't go from rift lite then buy the sub? Does storm legion get you rift vanilla too?

So I can't go from rift lite then buy the sub? Does storm legion get you rift vanilla too?
    It's exactly like World of Warcraft.

Free Trial. Purchase the game. Game comes with 30 free days. Subscribe to continue playing. Purchase expansion to experience most of the new content and 50-60. You can purchase Storm Legion that includes the original game. It costs about 10 bucks more than the expansion alone, and it does include the first 30 days free.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's exactly like World of Warcraft.

Free Trial. Purchase the game. Game comes with 30 free days. Subscribe to continue playing. Purchase expansion to experience most of the new content and 50-60. You can purchase Storm Legion that includes the original game. It costs about 10 bucks more than the expansion alone, and it does include the first 30 days free.
    Thanks. Just got a free vanilla rift from raptor+30days. Btw is there a way to change your interact key? I cannot talk to my trainer no matter how many times I right click

I'm pretty sure you can't buy the base game anymore and can only get it through freebies etc
    All classes are equally required in raids, but play Mage, it's the best. /nobias

Server is pretty much irrelevant since you can transfer for free once a week and it happens instantly. So don't be afraid to change servers to find a guild that suits you etc. Oceania defaults to NA servers, I would recommend Laethys since that is where most of the Oceanic guilds are, although I'm from Aus and I never have any trouble finding people on other servers during our primetime.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. Just got a free vanilla rift from raptor+30days. Btw is there a way to change your interact key? I cannot talk to my trainer no matter how many times I right click
    If you upgrade to Storm Legion it's $10 cheaper now that you have the base game. Not sure how that converts, but you get a discount because the whole version normally contains the original game and the xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks all for reply. just one more question. I'm lvl 20 now right. Do i have to buy rift the game itself? or can I just go grab a 60day sub?

Gotta buy the game. It's just like World of Warfcraft or SWTOR pre F2P.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks all for reply. just one more question. I'm lvl 20 now right. Do i have to buy rift the game itself? or can I just go grab a 60day sub?
    Or you can run Raptr while playing the game and get original Rift and a 30 day sub for free. The deal might still be going on, can't check right now.

Deleted
    Mind due it only about $7 from most places these days.