Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekenna View Post
    The PS Omni is the Gimmick, it turns all TV's into 3d Tv's.

The PS Omni is the name of the next Playstation.

There's source for this somewhere, I'll have to look for it again.

Edit: And source has been delivered.

http://www.psu.com/a017730/Rumor--PS...September-2013
    It's the rumor.
    I like to quote Markluzz post for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Let me first say, this is all RUMOR (all though the last two rumors this guy stated were spot on, but much smaller than this), and although there is some small plausibility to some of it, there is a very high chance that much (or all) of this is NOT true. Everytime you state these rumors with any factual evidence behind them a kitten is vicously mauled by a Grizzly Bear.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/co...d-the-next-gen
    http://3dsforums.com/general-gaming-...nextbox-44575/
    Emphasis on the 1st part.

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    If you want a pure gaming machine these days all you'll need is an Intel i3-3220 paired with a 7850 & atleast 4GB of RAM, which will be able to run the latest games on high settings 1080p.
    The GPU alone would cost more then a current console. Not including PSU, Case, HD, OS etc.

I think most people miss the point of consoles. They are suppose to be priced so everyone can access them, while providing a good gaming experience. It's not for everyone. I'm a PC gamer, but I see the point of consoles.

What bugs me the most is the "well pc looks 10 times better then any console game" which is just an ignorant topic to dwell on.

1) Consoles are 7 years old, yet are still running the latest games, near the quality of newer mid-ranged PCs. Good luck running Farcry 3 on a 7 year old PC
    2) When sat 5 meters away from the TV, you can't notice the differences anyway.
    3) When did graphics matter that much? I would take an optimized, clean, unbuggy game over a PC port anyday because 80% of the time PC ports are just bad.

It's not like games on consoles are like GTA 4 and games on PC are like GTA 4 with ienhancer mod. Subtly changes in the way things are rendered, and everyone starts shouting to high heavens about how much consoles graphics suck. Notice how some of the games where graphics aren't an issue (WoW, Minecraft, Indie games) tend to be the ones that get the most support from the community?
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

I think it's more about good game development and less about power and the like. The original Crysis for the PC is still the best looking game out there, IMHO, and that game is 5 years old and there has been 5 years of new hardware since and though I've seen a few pretty games since then, I still don't think anything can compare. Hell, even if you compare a game from when 360 and PS3 were new to say, Skyrim, you can see lots of improvements with no new hardware whatsoever. Yep, PCs look better and always will as far as I can tell, but that's also why a high-end PC cost a lot more money. People play on consoles because it's cheaper, easier to just pick up and play (as in low/almost none maintainence), for the ability to play popular games with friends or to play exclusive titles, which is the reason why I own both a ps3 and 360 (neither of which I picked up until the past year or so) in addition to my PC.

Case in point, consoles look pretty good as it is for what they are and how old the tech inside is....I guess the point of the OP is why pay 5 or 6 hundred dollars or whatever the ridiculous price of the next gen ones for a minor improvement of the generation six ones, plus the inability to play used games if that is true, and that is a good question. But, when you can buy an entire console and possibly even some games and stuff for the price of a top-end video card that only gets you so far with the PC, I think consoles are a pretty good value. If you're looking for top-end graphics comparable to what a made-for PC game can deliver on max settings on a 2,000 plus dollar machine, then you're doing it wrong. Likewise if you think current console graphics look bad on old as shit hardware for a 250 dollar console.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-01-02 at 03:19 AM.

i just want a system where i dont have to wait to load up my friends list, we dont need a high improvement in graphics speed i say is more important and reliability, how many xboxs broke compared to 360s?
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    If they can do 1080p @ 60 fps with no jaggies then thats all you need..

Any mid range gpu could do that easily for most games now so i doubt it will do less.
    why would they let the next gen console test to run on 1080p. while 4k is around the corner.
    they should test it at 4k instead of 1080p.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    why would they let the next gen console test to run on 1080p. while 4k is around the corner.
    Because the TVs are even more expensive and far and few?

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...ntifier=S_4KTV
    This is huge.

In every sense of the word. Aside from its massive size, the XBR-84X900 4K Ultra HD TV showcases unparalleled TV picture resolution that transcends watching to experiencing.

$24,999.99
    No point in a resolution that high without the monitor / TV to support that. All it does is just downscale.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    4k resolutions for console gaming? With what? 2 Nvidia 690's or AMD 7990's? That's just insane.

3840 × 2160 res or above will take some ridiculous GPU power to pull off.
    2560 x 1440/1600 is hard enough for most current market SLI GPU's and most people simply can't use it because of the processing demands on anything less than a pair of 670's/7870's.

The difference between the above resolutions is roughly another 3.7 million pixels to take into account. The leap is comparable to going from 1280 x 720 to 2560 x 1440 as to the amount of processing required to fully utilize the resolution. Trying to put a card capable of that into a console and having the console able to utilize it and keep it from reaching nuclear temperature levels would be impossible, not even mentioning the cost.

As I'd said previously, the new consoles will actually be making everything genuine 1920x1080 60fps, rather than their normal bullshit 1280x720 scaled resolutions. Potentially with AA or at least FXAA effects, which means they can use whatever potential vram there is for DX 11 effects. 1920x1080 is going to be an industry standard for at least another 3 years.

Did microsoft confirm that it was gonna be called Xbox 720?
    kind of a dumb name imo

Quote Originally Posted by Jesusmobile View Post
    Did microsoft confirm that it was gonna be called Xbox 720?
    kind of a dumb name imo

There has been quite a few names thrown out here and there and they have stated that because they "cant decide" they will give us the proper and final name at the reveal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZmRt8gCsC0

If the graphics aren't as good as this, what's the point of releasing a "next-gen" console?

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZmRt8gCsC0

If the graphics aren't as good as this, what's the point of releasing a "next-gen" console?
    Theoretically the graphics could be that good. It just depends on how they're used in an actual game.

Addendum: For example, I wouldn't expect Elder Scrolls 6 to be using Unreal 4 unless it was extremely toned down. A well optimized corridor shooter could do it though.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-01-03 at 10:55 AM.