Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    i just want a system where i dont have to wait to load up my friends list, we dont need a high improvement in graphics speed i say is more important and reliability, how many xboxs broke compared to 360s?
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    If they can do 1080p @ 60 fps with no jaggies then thats all you need..

Any mid range gpu could do that easily for most games now so i doubt it will do less.
    why would they let the next gen console test to run on 1080p. while 4k is around the corner.
    they should test it at 4k instead of 1080p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    why would they let the next gen console test to run on 1080p. while 4k is around the corner.
    Because the TVs are even more expensive and far and few?

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...ntifier=S_4KTV
    This is huge.

In every sense of the word. Aside from its massive size, the XBR-84X900 4K Ultra HD TV showcases unparalleled TV picture resolution that transcends watching to experiencing.

$24,999.99
    No point in a resolution that high without the monitor / TV to support that. All it does is just downscale.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    4k resolutions for console gaming? With what? 2 Nvidia 690's or AMD 7990's? That's just insane.

3840 × 2160 res or above will take some ridiculous GPU power to pull off.
    2560 x 1440/1600 is hard enough for most current market SLI GPU's and most people simply can't use it because of the processing demands on anything less than a pair of 670's/7870's.

The difference between the above resolutions is roughly another 3.7 million pixels to take into account. The leap is comparable to going from 1280 x 720 to 2560 x 1440 as to the amount of processing required to fully utilize the resolution. Trying to put a card capable of that into a console and having the console able to utilize it and keep it from reaching nuclear temperature levels would be impossible, not even mentioning the cost.

As I'd said previously, the new consoles will actually be making everything genuine 1920x1080 60fps, rather than their normal bullshit 1280x720 scaled resolutions. Potentially with AA or at least FXAA effects, which means they can use whatever potential vram there is for DX 11 effects. 1920x1080 is going to be an industry standard for at least another 3 years.

Did microsoft confirm that it was gonna be called Xbox 720?
    kind of a dumb name imo

Quote Originally Posted by Jesusmobile View Post
    Did microsoft confirm that it was gonna be called Xbox 720?
    kind of a dumb name imo

There has been quite a few names thrown out here and there and they have stated that because they "cant decide" they will give us the proper and final name at the reveal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZmRt8gCsC0

If the graphics aren't as good as this, what's the point of releasing a "next-gen" console?

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZmRt8gCsC0

If the graphics aren't as good as this, what's the point of releasing a "next-gen" console?
    Theoretically the graphics could be that good. It just depends on how they're used in an actual game.

Addendum: For example, I wouldn't expect Elder Scrolls 6 to be using Unreal 4 unless it was extremely toned down. A well optimized corridor shooter could do it though.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-01-03 at 10:55 AM.