Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    Ugh, since you used in game credits..................................you're screwed.

The good thing though (well, not really) is that a lot of subs are getting screwed with cargo bay and inventory slot account unlocks not working. Hopefully they can voice their complaints loud enough to get heard and a fix rolled out before 2014.

Until then, DO NOT BUY ACCOUNT WIDE UNLOCKS!

I have never had an issue with a single character unlock either.
    I've actually used a lot of account wide unlocks and they did not bug, until the legacy title unlock (account that is). I tried this one twice (yes I bought 2, it was pretty cheap), and it bugged 2 times. Then the space mission thing bugged.

It appears to be really random as to when they bug, which is really worse. Some people are reporting bugs with items that went perfectly fine for me. You're just really taking chances I think when using unlocks of any kind.

It honestly wouldn't be an issue if they provided support to fix the problem. That's the real problem actually. The fact that there are bugs is normal, which game doesn't have bugs? But if they won't fix the problem afterwards, then it's a very, very serious issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by efsunshine View Post
    I've been tracking TOR's customer service forum daily on these unlock issues since 12/20, and while I've not seen anybody complain about this particular unlock I'd really avoid buying any unlocks off the cartel shop or GTN at the time. Or if you've bought it, don't apply it. I'd wait and see what upcoming patches will do.
    Thats probably because most players (F2P and Preffered) cant post on forums.

Made an account just to post and help out.

I've got 2 accounts and have used around 30 unlocks, most of them account wide. I've unlocked things while subbed and while preferred.
    I've had problems with 2x account wide cargo bays. I had the default cargo hold unlocked and used 1 acc wide bay unlock, and logged out for a day or 2. I used 2 more back to back and on using that 2nd unlock all 3 bays disappeared. After restarting the game both new ones and the items were gone.
    So far I haven't lost any unlocks clicking the item, logging out, logging in, and then using the next unlock.

Also got an email saying preferred cant get ingame help, and an automated email from the online form telling me to call b/c I never got refunded for the 4 acc wide quickbars since I was subbed when preferred was bumped up. Sad bit was I made the ticket while subbed and took almost 2 weeks for them to respond right when i dropped to preferred.

There's also an issue where account wide gtn unlocks and quickbars arn't grayed out even when you're at the maximum amount. Pretty sure I used a 6th gtn unlock and am still capped at 55 (5 + 5x10)

Quote Originally Posted by QuicknEZ View Post
    Made an account just to post and help out.

I've got 2 accounts and have used around 30 unlocks, most of them account wide. I've unlocked things while subbed and while preferred.
    I've had problems with 2x account wide cargo bays. I had the default cargo hold unlocked and used 1 acc wide bay unlock, and logged out for a day or 2. I used 2 more back to back and on using that 2nd unlock all 3 bays disappeared. After restarting the game both new ones and the items were gone.
    So far I haven't lost any unlocks clicking the item, logging out, logging in, and then using the next unlock.

Also got an email saying preferred cant get ingame help, and an automated email from the online form telling me to call b/c I never got refunded for the 4 acc wide quickbars since I was subbed when preferred was bumped up. Sad bit was I made the ticket while subbed and took almost 2 weeks for them to respond right when i dropped to preferred.

There's also an issue where account wide gtn unlocks and quickbars arn't grayed out even when you're at the maximum amount. Pretty sure I used a 6th gtn unlock and am still capped at 55 (5 + 5x10)
    I've had problem with account bank unlock as well. Once when I logged on, 3 slots were just gone. I had items in these slots as well. When I relogged, the slots were back, but the items were still gone. Of course, when I contacted them about this, no support.

Quote Originally Posted by Madderdin View Post
    Thats probably because most players (F2P and Preffered) cant post on forums.
    Silence of the Discontent

Between ignoring people who are handing you money and asking the same population of paying players to pay more for expansions than another group its hard to imagine this netting new players.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Yeah this may the most poorly run MMO in history from a customer service point of view. I'm dont think anyone could ever win a case, but some of this if not down right fraudulent, is really borderline.

Its one thing to have bugs in a game that causes issues, its gonna happen, its something else entirely to offer zero support or reimbursement to the customer.

Turns out it is called fraud when you charge somebody for an advertised service then never deliver. In their case they are pouring fuel on the fire pissing ppl off further telling them they wont or cant do anything, which is clearly not the case. At the very least they could refund the coins spent or give you the item or just activate it on your account.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    At the very least they could refund the coins spent or give you the item or just activate it on your account.
    But... But...
    Then how will we force them to buy it over and over?

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Also fill out a complaint against them at the Better Business Bureau. Companies generally hate it when you get them involved and be sure to get screenshots/copies of the conversations you had with the support staff and send it to the BBB when you file your complaint.

Last but not least, you can get the police involved and they damn sure don't want them calling up and asking questions.
    http://www.bbb.org/ has almost no real teeth and are more of a warning system then an enforcer. As for calling the police best of luck with that all you will end up is being more pissed off after the cops laugh at you for wasting their time. EA has made an art form of treating customers poorly and this seems to have carried over to BW with SWTOR. I wouldn't be too surprised if some ambulance chasing law firm starts up a class action suit with ppl that paid and received nothing for their payments.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    But... But...
    Then how will we force them to buy it over and over?
    It certainly does seem like BW has gotten to the point they would rather butcher the cow for one last meal then milk it for a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    http://www.bbb.org/ has almost no real teeth and are more of a warning system then an enforcer.
    As it should be.
    We wouldn't want any regulator agency to stifle EA's profits with pesky consumer protections, now would we.

Pro people is Anti business.

That sounds straight out illegal...

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    That sounds straight out illegal...
    Let me tell you about Goldman Sachs...

edit: My point being that large companies, like EA, are held to a different standard then everyone else so even if it is illegal for us, it's not for them.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-01-02 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Let me tell you about Goldman Sachs...

edit: My point being that large companies, like EA, are held to a different standard then everyone else so even if it is illegal for us, it's not for them.

Chase bank defaulting on the loan of their headquarters and moving while sueing ppl who defaulted on home loans to them is my favorite example of this.

So this is an interesting change of events...after about two weeks of emailing support, BW/EA managed to restore the account wide inventory unlock that I bought off the GTN. It's sitting in my bank at the moment until they sort things out with these unlocks. I don't know if I got a CSR that didn't bother checking my account status, they got tired of me being a persistent squeaky wheel about it or had a sudden pang of conscience or something (LOL), but logged in today to see that they sent me a new one through the in game mail.

Some possible tips on getting past the csr copy pasta droid wall:

1. Use support@swtor.com. Make sure you email from the email account on file.

2. Don't mention your account status at all. First couple times I did this, I got the copy pasta bs about in game restore are only available to subs. Well Fk them. They're selling these things for real life cash, they should make sure these things do what it says on the tin or make amends. We're not asking for them to refund buyer's remorse on a piece of gear we bought, we're asking them to make good on what they're actually selling for real cash.

3. Be very specific about: unlock used, which character used it, who is affected, server used, and approximate time + time zone items were used. When you're vague, the only face time you're getting is with the csr droid.

Finally, be persistent. They're ripping people off, and they know it. Hope this helps some.

I bought an accountwide cargo unlock for like 400k credits and it obviously didnt work. Despite being a subscriber, 2 weeks without a response

Quote Originally Posted by davispunx View Post
    I bought an accountwide cargo unlock for like 400k credits and it obviously didnt work. Despite being a subscriber, 2 weeks without a response
    Yehhh...and this is why I am reticent about subbing. They treat their subs like crap. As a sub you've a couple of avenues of getting this fixed: resubmit your in game ticket, post in the actual cs forum and making a phone call. If I were you I'd resubmit that ticket. Be specific as all get out. And then do a follow up post in the cs forums. BW/EA have no real incentive to fix these problems for f2p. I don't think they'll do a thing about it until it affects enough subs to a point where it reaches a critical mass. (Or they get a lot of bad press maybe) When you just file your ticket in game, the problem is kept between you and BW/EA. When you post about it on the forums, then *other* people will read it and BW/EA can't just sweep it under the rug. I think it is absolute garbage that they won't own up to this problem in the "known issues" sticky atop that forum. When enough of you subs complain about getting screwed maybe they might do something about this problem.

UPDATE

So it seems my complaint with the BBB has brought some closure to the matter. I have gotten a replacement for the weekly space missions, and they are trying to fix the legacy title issue. At least someone is starting to talk to me instead of just a robot reply. They have also given me seven days of subscription, which honestly, is a pretty nice way for them to say sorry. Still stupid that I had to resort to a BBB complaint in order to receive such a simple fix though. I hope I don't have to do that every single time something bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by leojreimroc View Post
    UPDATE

So it seems my complaint with the BBB has brought some closure to the matter. I have gotten a replacement for the weekly space missions, and they are trying to fix the legacy title issue. At least someone is starting to talk to me instead of just a robot reply. They have also given me seven days of subscription, which honestly, is a pretty nice way for them to say sorry. Still stupid that I had to resort to a BBB complaint in order to receive such a simple fix though. I hope I don't have to do that every single time something bugs.

I'm glad they are finally working on fixing your situation, its just sad though that it takes that kind of effort to get something done about it.

When I heard the game was going F2P, I decided to come back and try it out. I even went so far as to re-sub to get my cartel coins. Between those coins and my in-game credits, I purchased all the unlocks that I would want when I let my account lapse into Preferred Status. That ended up being a good choice since it allowed me to avoid the situation that occurred when they changed the restrictions for preferred.

However, since then my account has finally lapsed into Preferred and I've used my unlocks.

None of the Single Character unlocks gave me any issue and most of the Account Wide stuck as well.

In my case, two of the Unlocks magically bugged out while the others are still functioning fine. These were the Unify Colors and Hide Head Slot, both Account Wide unlocks.

Since then I've discovered, to my ultimate disgust, that support for F2P/Preferred players is essentially non-existent. Despite the fact that, in most cases, F2P/Preferred players are going to spend more than Subs, they are treated like complete garbage. Ticket replies are automated, at best, with little more than 'Lrn2Pay' as a solution. Phone-Support acts like you're the problem. Forums.. well, we can't even use those. Because, clearly, running an online forum for a large game is so costly that allowing ALL of your players to utilize it would just be throwing money away... or because scamming them is so much easier that way.

Informing the BBB is a good step. Despite what some people think, it can make a difference. The problem is only a few report, while most decline to do so because of the few that tell them it's pointless. You can't expect change if you're not willing to do anything about it.

In my case, I've filed a BBB report and I've contacted my CC and Bank.

The CC company suggested I contact the game company through their support email once more, (support@swtor.com), to let remind them of my issue, let them know the steps I've taken so far, and inform them that I've contacted my CC's Fraud Investigations about the incident, but would like to have it resolved before a report is filed. (Basically they told me to threaten them?) I might not have bothered with that step, but from what I've read here, my account is just as likely to be banned for filing the charge back and fraud report as it is for letting them know that I'll do so if the problem is unresolved.

So, I'll see if that swings any doors open and update if anything changes.

It's weird, really. As lousy as this situation is, I do like the game. It has some wonderful features that other games are lacking, for me. Primarily the whole character storyline missions and voice acting, which I have found incredibly enjoyable. I just want to get what I pay for, not be treated second rate, and play the game in the fashion that I most enjoy via the unlocks that I've purchased.
    Last edited by Epicurean; 2013-01-27 at 07:32 PM.

This is where my fancy character signature would be, if I had one.

My guess is they will either react in one of two way.

1. Be so ticked that you basically threatened them that they basically just tell you to get lost

2. Suddenly have an oh crap moment and bend over backwards to fix it.

My guess is probably the second because it means guaranteed lost revenue if they do the first. Just from what I've read with their CS, if you put them between a rock and hard place they seem to suddenly remember how to solve problems.