Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Im hoping the anime will actualy show erza her 100 monster challenge, manga showed almost nothing.
    I really hope that too, it was freaking amazing in the manga ;D Atleast the Bacchus vs. Elfman fight was nicely translated to anime

In the current tournament I love Mavis. Also, when her calculations were wrong, her reaction is priceless. Also, every arc has its perks, and too hard to talk about them all at once :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of disappointed with the chapter that just came out, although it seems to be setting the stage for a few big fights in the next chapter(s). My guess is that the foretold "unexpected result" probably has something to do with Sting.

Something funny I observed when checking out this Winter seasons show line-up.

Kagura from Mermaid Heel rip-off.
    http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8...incidencei.jpg
    Edit: I stood corrected on another forum, it turns out the Senran Kagura anime is based on a Nintendo game which was long out before mashima created Kagura. Prolly another homage like Shanks -> Gildarts.

I love Fairy Tail, marathoned the entire show about 6 weeks ago, and episode 163 from last Saturday was just woot.
    Patiently waiting for the movie to be subbed and uploaded, hopefully before the year ends.

The cool thing about the show is that you can link certain characters to certain classes in wow or mmo's in general, Erza being a sort-off Paladin/Blademaster and Mirajane having that badass demonology warlocky feel.

8/10 so far from me, the humor works very well for me too. Slapstick at its best, courtesy of Lucy.
    Last edited by 7empest; 2013-01-07 at 11:01 PM.

Deleted
    I love fairy tail.
    I was recommended it by my guildmates a while back.... (when anime was at like ~20 episodes)
    I've watched every single episode, I loved most of them.
    Although some episodes can be annoying (like the big ass fart evil gang one) and useless, most of them are outstandingly epic and include great combat and awesome characters (Gildarts in 99,9% of his appearances comes to mind or Laxus -personal favorite-).

But this is nothing compared to as why I love fairy tail.
    The real reason why I love it, is the great (although great is an understatement) music.
    The music by far the BEST, compared to any other anime.
    The fairy tail OST 1-3 has some of my favorite music, and I can't wait for the 4th to come out.
    Last edited by mmoc2aad59a6a5; 2013-01-07 at 10:42 PM.

@Ectatic, agree it has some of the best music I have ever heard. But thats not really all, having great music is one thing but using it right is the important thing and it is always done right in fairy tail

10+ Year Old Account
    The last manga and anime where both great.

Erza fighting 100 monsters was something id been looking forward to seeing, its nice to see all the armors in action

Gajeel going Shadow Iron dragon mode was suprising but badass, the shadow seems to be the magic Crime Sorcière had been feeling. Bets on whether it has to do with Zeref, the dragons or somthing totaly new.

My gess is it has to do with Rogues dragon wo he said he killd

10+ Year Old Account
    Gajeel going Shadow Iron dragon mode was suprising but badass
    Honestly, now that they've shown that Natsu isn't unique in eating other Dragon Slayer magics, my first thought was wondering whose Dragon Slayer magic Wendy's going to end up eating, or better yet, next arc they come across a two element God Slayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Honestly, now that they've shown that Natsu isn't unique in eating other Dragon Slayer magics, my first thought was wondering whose Dragon Slayer magic Wendy's going to end up eating, or better yet, next arc they come across a two element God Slayer.
    Most logical choice would be Sting making her the Holy air dragon slayer which fits very well with her.

Talking about Sting he seems to be beign made out to be the strongest guy now above Minerva since he beat the old guildmaster. Makes me wonder if he also has something else inside him like rogue's does with the shadow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chanced upon this thread a few weeks ago and it piqued my interest. That and Funimation recommends it if you're watching One Piece.

Having just finished the first season, I love the show. The beginning was a bit slow; up until about Galuna Island I wasn't sure if I would keep watching it,. But after that it ramped up quick with the last two arcs being superb and it's easily one of my new favorite shows.

The dub was great and I can't wait for Funimation to release the next episodes, but I'd like to find somewhere to watch Episode 49 and up in subs since they aren't on Funimation's website. I inted to go back and watch the first season again in subs to get used to the voices in the meantime.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fairy Tail is a great series. Lots of fun. OP, if when you catch up on Fairy Tail and want to watch something similar, check out One Piece. It is a really long running series at almost 600 episodes now, but it is structured like Fairy Tail were each arc is a pretty self contained story and it's not just one really long and drug out story. One Piece has a lot in common with Fairy Tail. Similar mix of action, comedy and drama and lots of cool fights. If you took Fairy Tail and swapped mages with super powered pirates, you would pretty much have One Piece.

Word of warning, One Piece does start really slow and the art style takes some getting used to, but once it gets going, it is amazing. I know a number of anime fans who were initially turned off by the unique artwork or slow start and dropped it only to go back later and give it another shot and then end up marathoning the series because they just cannot stop watching.

Most logical choice would be Sting making her the Holy air dragon slayer which fits very well with her.

Talking about Sting he seems to be beign made out to be the strongest guy now above Minerva since he beat the old guildmaster. Makes me wonder if he also has something else inside him like rogue's does with the shadow.
    I think the thing inside Rogue has something to do with him and Sting being 3rd generation Dragon Slayers. I wondered why the fact that they killed there dragon masters would make them special, but maybe upon killing them the Dragon Slayers were able to absorb part of the dragon's soul of essence and they can awaken it in order to gain a power boost. Like the dragon's soul takes over the dragon slayer's body.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2013-02-13 at 08:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have any theories on what the "Lumen Histoire" is?

Deleted
    A FT thread! I both watch the anime and read the manga. I generally find the manga better because the anime has been kidified, aka no blood and stuff like that. The anime is still nice though, when you can see the fights animated, not to mention the epic music.
    Im a sucker for huge echoed spellcasting formulas, so Lucys first day and Fairy Glitter in the few latest eps were epic

Im still pretty curious if Natsu can use godslayer fire though. Havent seen him do that since Tenrou.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I think the thing inside Rogue has something to do with him and Sting being 3rd generation Dragon Slayers. I wondered why the fact that they killed there dragon masters would make them special, but maybe upon killing them the Dragon Slayers were able to absorb part of the dragon's soul of essence and they can awaken it in order to gain a power boost. Like the dragon's soul takes over the dragon slayer's body.
    Could be that. I was also thinking maybe its just a Rogue thing, since hes the shadow dragon slayer. Being able to talk to his shadow could be seen as a special niché. Could also be the fact that he changed his name. Some of his repressed memories or something that caused a shadow to split off into a second personality? But yes, your 3rd gen theory seems very plausible too. I guess only Sting will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Must say that I love the series but it's a little offputting ... one episode Laxus is mopping the floor with Natsu then they have this fight over the guild mastery and shit and they manage to have a pretty equal fighting(even if it was 2v1) and then few eps later laxus roflstomps him againwithout any effort ... yeah I know those are there for comedic reasons but I find them very offputting... also the characters never seem to get stronger... no training for new powers or anything ... they just pull out new shit without much explanation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Im still pretty curious if Natsu can use godslayer fire though. Havent seen him do that since Tenrou.
    Maybe I misinterpreted that scene, but I think what happened is that since he couldn't truly "eat" the God fire, so he contained it inside himself, then released it along with his own. He wasn't able to truly absorb it like he did with Laxus' lightning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I misinterpreted that scene, but I think what happened is that since he couldn't truly "eat" the God fire, so he contained it inside himself, then released it along with his own. He wasn't able to truly absorb it like he did with Laxus' lightning.
    He depleted his own magic before he was able to do that so i took that as him only beign able to use it right ater eating it and he can't store it inside himself like with laxus lightning.

He also couldn't eat laxus lightningt it almost killed him whenn he tried, laxus gave him his power voluntarily against hades.
    I used to think he could use it after that becouse it was inside of him for 7 years so it would become part of him, but Gajeel now using shadows kinda ruins that theory unless something happened in the past between him and rogue that makes him able to do it.

I Must say that I love the series but it's a little offputting ... one episode Laxus is mopping the floor with Natsu then they have this fight over the guild mastery and shit and they manage to have a pretty equal fighting(even if it was 2v1) and then few eps later laxus roflstomps him againwithout any effort ... yeah I know those are there for comedic reasons but I find them very offputting... also the characters never seem to get stronger... no training for new powers or anything ... they just pull out new shit without much explanation
    He wasn't himself in that fight holding back because he still had the feelings for themm ( thats why fairy law didnt work ). He was still wiping the floor with themm annyways.

Also all the characters are Powered by there Nakama so the guy with the most feelings wins whenn it comes to fairy tail guild. Its yust something u better accept or it will drive u crazy, erza vs azuma beign a good example of this.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 12:58 PM ----------

How do you think the tournament will go from now on.
    My predictions:

Erza beats up Minerva after she hurt miliana and stabd kagura like that she has it comming bad! erza gonna be pissed.
    Gray & juvia will win working together against lyon and chelia Juvia finaly beign more thenn comical relief again. alternatifly it will be comic relief all around which is yust as likely with the whole love triangle/sqaure?
    Gajeel will defeat rogue no doubt here

Thenn the hardest one Laxus vs Orga vs Jura. Laxus will probaly win alto i feel it should be Jura with all the hype he got.
    After which sting will put his plan into motion and defeat the victor of the battle, Jura and Lazus probaly beign the leaders that gives 5 points either way putting themm in first place as long as minerva wasn't there leader.

I think Sting is the leader of sabertooth so thenn its wounded/exausted gajeel,erza,juvia and grey vs powered up Sting for the final fight.
    Last edited by Reluctant; 2013-02-13 at 11:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also all the characters are Powered by there Nakama so the guy with the most feelings wins whenn it comes to fairy tail guild. Its yust something u better accept or it will drive u crazy, erza vs azuma beign a good example of this.
    Nah, Natsu just sucks when fighting guildmates. Fighting masters of powerful Guilds? No problem. Fighting any S-rank in FT? He's gonna lose.

Deleted
    Yeah, i figure that is the case. But the translation lines of "created a vessel to contain" always did make me wonder. I guess its true that he cant use it, but it would be neat. Imagine (SPOILER FOR ANIME PEOPLE) if Wendy couldve done the same in her own match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Yeah, i figure that is the case. But the translation lines of "created a vessel to contain" always did make me wonder. I guess its true that he cant use it, but it would be neat. Imagine (SPOILER FOR ANIME PEOPLE) if Wendy couldve done the same in her own match.
    I was surprised she didn't. Was thinking Natsu might yell down how to do it. I wonder if Laxus might do it in his.

Deleted
    The dub was great and I can't wait for Funimation to release the next episodes, but I'd like to find somewhere to watch Episode 49 and up in subs since they aren't on Funimation's website. I inted to go back and watch the first season again in subs to get used to the voices in the meantime.
    http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=search&cats...s%5DFairy+Tail

And here's the guys original website: http://horriblesubs.info/

I really love their subs, and I believe you're gonna like them too. And they have many other great series subbed too.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 01:35 AM ----------

Anyone have any theories on what the "Lumen Histoire" is?
    Probably some deep dark secret from the early days of Fairy Tail. Something that happened at the 1st Master's reign or before the guild was established. I'm waiting eagerly for it