Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Mechagnome GotMoxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North Carolina.
    Posts
    669
    The CS rep didn't say "Okay, the real reason we aren't giving you back your characters is how much this person has spent." Not only is it incredibly unprofessional of them, it's also not in their best interest to say, hey, we care more about money than we do about customer satisfaction. They may care more about it, which is doubtful for any company that wants to remain in business, but those words were never said to you.

    You may have thrown in some hyperbole to get your point and dissatisfaction with the way that you were treated across, but that mars the rest of your story and makes it highly, if not totally, unbelievable.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    You got it right. You can only transfer to accounts with the same last name. I have an extremely uncommon spelling of my last name so the chances of it being coincidence are too small. Someone created an account withmy last name to steal the characters...
    If you have such an extremely uncommon spelled last name so that it's close to impossible that someone can write it the right way how did the person know how to write it? In the WoW account website it only shows the first letter of your last name and only a part of the registered email address. We're talking about an over 2.5 years old account so it was still a normal WoW account and not a battle.net account so that you needed the account name and not the email.

    So the person who stole it would have to know either your account name+password+last name (and for the last name he would have to personally know who you are and that it's your account) or your email address+password+account name.

    I can't really imagine how somebody could know all these things. If it was a trojan virus or something like that which collected all your information about email and account I'm sure your new account would have been hacked very soon. From the WoW account alone somebody would not be able to know your last name or your email address and from your email address alone someone wouldn't be able to know your account name and in most cases it's a lot harder to hack an email provider than a WoW account.

    Also if it is true it's over 2.5 years ago and Blizzard has no evidence that it wasn't you. Also if you intended to play some characters later on from this old account why didn't you use this old account for RAF? Why buy a new copy of the game to use it for RAF when you have a perfectly fine account with characters you will play at some point in the future? You could have played on another server anyway, saved some money for the game+BC+WotLK and only manage one account instead of two later on (we're talking about 2009 when we didn't know that there will be battle.net 2.0). Also if you really intended to play on this old account how could you not know the account name and password? If you really wanted to play it again you would have written the account name and password somewhere.

    To me it sounds like you wanted to start a new WoW career and thought you could sell your old account when you start a new one. And now that you want to play one of the old classes from back then you thought you can get your account back and transfer the characters to your new account.

  3. #43
    He comes back, sighs and tells me, "Okay, the real reason we aren't giving you back your characters is how much this person has spent." What...? "Well, this person bought a new account, all the expansions, and a year of WoW time." Literally speechless, the call ends.
    hmm.... this part look... unreal
    "if you dont like it, dont play the game! I love the way this game is 100% and nothing should be changed, because beta's aren't meant to improve a game. I will defend this games honor with my life and will refuse that anything bad be said about things that could be improved!"

    - The FFXIV Community. (and some of "legacy" player)

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    If you have such an extremely uncommon spelled last name so that it's close to impossible that someone can write it the right way how did the person know how to write it? In the WoW account website it only shows the first letter of your last name and only a part of the registered email address. We're talking about an over 2.5 years old account so it was still a normal WoW account and not a battle.net account so that you needed the account name and not the email.

    So the person who stole it would have to know either your account name+password+last name (and for the last name he would have to personally know who you are and that it's your account) or your email address+password+account name.

    I can't really imagine how somebody could know all these things. If it was a trojan virus or something like that which collected all your information about email and account I'm sure your new account would have been hacked very soon. From the WoW account alone somebody would not be able to know your last name or your email address and from your email address alone someone wouldn't be able to know your account name and in most cases it's a lot harder to hack an email provider than a WoW account.

    Also if it is true it's over 2.5 years ago and Blizzard has no evidence that it wasn't you. Also if you intended to play some characters later on from this old account why didn't you use this old account for RAF? Why buy a new copy of the game to use it for RAF when you have a perfectly fine account with characters you will play at some point in the future? You could have played on another server anyway, saved some money for the game+BC+WotLK and only manage one account instead of two later on (we're talking about 2009 when we didn't know that there will be battle.net 2.0). Also if you really intended to play on this old account how could you not know the account name and password? If you really wanted to play it again you would have written the account name and password somewhere.

    To me it sounds like you wanted to start a new WoW career and thought you could sell your old account when you start a new one. And now that you want to play one of the old classes from back then you thought you can get your account back and transfer the characters to your new account.
    To steal an account they would need your email, so they had my email at one point - which meant they had my last name.

    I don't think you understand how RaF works though. My friends were recruiting me to level on their server, they didn't want to buy new accounts since that wouldn't make sense to make them relevel characters on the same realm/faction. RaFing myself would mean I have no one to level with, and account sharing is against the rules.

    As for the account info/pass: I remembered what I thought it was, and that is what I left it as, but it obviously didn't work right away so I figured I had forgotten it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 10:14 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by GotMoxie View Post
    The CS rep didn't say "Okay, the real reason we aren't giving you back your characters is how much this person has spent." Not only is it incredibly unprofessional of them, it's also not in their best interest to say, hey, we care more about money than we do about customer satisfaction. They may care more about it, which is doubtful for any company that wants to remain in business, but those words were never said to you.

    You may have thrown in some hyperbole to get your point and dissatisfaction with the way that you were treated across, but that mars the rest of your story and makes it highly, if not totally, unbelievable.
    You are are correct, I shouldn't have used quotations on that part. The words were not exactly that, but extremely and heavily implying what I originally said. (The actual thing he said was closer to, "We don't want to do this because it has been a while and the other person seems to have bought all the expansions, and is playing normally.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbobagshot
    ...mountains of blood elf priest pussy irl is any pve player's dream.

  5. #45
    Trying to prove anything in any situation after 3 years is a PITA. How many people still have their gas reciept from 3 years ago for the last tank of gas they put in their car before they stopped driving it? After a 2 year break, I didn't even remember which email I used for my 1st account and couldn't even find my LK dvd. So I said screw it and started a brand new account, with a new email, and digital copies of everything so I didn't have to worry about keeping game codes. Now I just keep my account details in my phone and try not to do anything stupid

    @ OP: You live and you learn. My recommendation is change your PW, get an authenticator for your smartphone (since they are free), and try not to take such a lengthy hiatus in between play times. Anything can happen in 3 years.

  6. #46
    A perfectly reasonable scenario:
    You met a girl online somehow and became gf/bf. Later on, you decided to chill and play less WoW and gave her your account so she can play. Your gf played it and thought WoW is fun and decided to get an account of her own and trasnferred your characters off with your consent.
    Fastforward to now, you and your gf broke up on bad terms and you are seeking revenge to make her characters disappear.
    *******

    I can probably come up with more imagined scenarios if I put my mind to it. I am not saying the made up scenario is true but you can see how it "could" be. This is the reason why Blizzard cannot simply trust everyone who calls them up. They can only go by hard facts. And the facts as you presented seems to be that you had an old account, you stopped playing that account, the characters are legally trasnffered to another account, you reactivating the inactive acount years later. So with these facts, Blizzard determined that you cannot get your characters back.

    It's reasonable to be angry, I know I would be. But in the end, I would say blame people who lie in order to get their way and not blame Blizzard's customer support. How can Blizzard be 100% certain that you are telling the truth? You would not have this issue if everyone told truth 100% of the time.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Somehow I just don't feel this is the entire story. For instance why did you use an email other than the one on your then current account.
    I do so, I have 3-4 different emails.

    OP - My tip to you. Call over and over again. Don't stop. Blizzard is a bunch of slacker and they depend on the mood. I've had GM rejecting me plenty of times saying it's impossible to do so, i just called again and asked and asked, and finally I met this new one, said - Of course, I'd be my pleasure you help you. Guess what? it took 2 min and she said it was possible.

    My point being, just call over and over again.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I do so, I have 3-4 different emails.

    OP - My tip to you. Call over and over again. Don't stop. Blizzard is a bunch of slacker and they depend on the mood. I've had GM rejecting me plenty of times saying it's impossible to do so, i just called again and asked and asked, and finally I met this new one, said - Of course, I'd be my pleasure you help you. Guess what? it took 2 min and she said it was possible.

    My point being, just call over and over again.
    You do so, what? And yes it is rather common to have multiple emails, though I have 3 wow accounts they are all on the same email address and have been since the other 2 were added in WotLK, that's not counting the myriad of accounts that I don't use that were made just for boosting via RaF.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2012-12-31 at 07:09 PM.

  9. #49
    I find your story entirely suspect because I know, for a fact, that if a hacker merges an account and xfers toons off Blizzard will unmerge the account and restore the toons to their rightful owners. Hackers did this to a few guildies of mine in Wrath and within a matter of a few days everything was back to normal.

  10. #50
    Scarab Lord Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,253
    Looks like most people's suspicions are being confirmed, as it seems OP has disappeared when he didn't meet with the chorus of anti-Blizzard sentiment he was seeking.

  11. #51
    You know what I have a problem with?
    I can't remember the email that it was on so I give Account and Billing a call.
    I'm sorry, but you're trying to claim that you logged into that account probably daily for 3 years, and you happened to forget the email it was tied to?

    You also say that you take account security seriously, then why wasn't your account protected?
    I'm going to go with the other theories that suggest you sold your account, and then tried to pull some shady shit and steal it back
    from the person whom you sold it to.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Looks like most people's suspicions are being confirmed, as it seems OP has disappeared when he didn't meet with the chorus of anti-Blizzard sentiment he was seeking.
    I have been responding, I responded 4 posts up from you.

    Unless you are trolling, which you probably are so nevermind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pugslie View Post
    You know what I have a problem with?

    I'm sorry, but you're trying to claim that you logged into that account probably daily for 3 years, and you happened to forget the email it was tied to?

    You also say that you take account security seriously, then why wasn't your account protected?
    I'm going to go with the other theories that suggest you sold your account, and then tried to pull some shady shit and steal it back
    from the person whom you sold it to.
    I didn't forget the email, I figured it could be one of many and none of them were working (because it was changed.)

    My account was protected, apparently my email was not, since that is how it got taken (98% sure). I have had my new account for 3 years, have an authenticator and only had problems when Anonymous hacked gmail (and blizzard helped restore all my characters - including one that was transferred). I'm fairly sure I already answered these questions.

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Trying to prove anything in any situation after 3 years is a PITA. How many people still have their gas reciept from 3 years ago for the last tank of gas they put in their car before they stopped driving it? After a 2 year break, I didn't even remember which email I used for my 1st account and couldn't even find my LK dvd. So I said screw it and started a brand new account, with a new email, and digital copies of everything so I didn't have to worry about keeping game codes. Now I just keep my account details in my phone and try not to do anything stupid

    @ OP: You live and you learn. My recommendation is change your PW, get an authenticator for your smartphone (since they are free), and try not to take such a lengthy hiatus in between play times. Anything can happen in 3 years.
    I can prove prove that I am the owner of the account, I still have my original Cd keys from 6 years ago. I can prove that I didn't transfer the characters. I can prove that the other account isn't me, and is breaking the tos by pretending to be someone else and using their name. It doesn't matter how long it has been, it is within Blizzard's interest as a company to keep records/accounts intact because that is how they make their money. Contrary to popular belief, not every player has played WoW every day since 2004.

    Edit: I keep typing other responses but they keep getting deleted whenever I try to save them. I'll try again later.
    Last edited by Diaxx; 2012-12-31 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbobagshot
    ...mountains of blood elf priest pussy irl is any pve player's dream.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    I can prove prove that I am the owner of the account, I still have my original Cd keys from 6 years ago. I can prove that I didn't transfer the characters. I can prove that the other account isn't me, and is breaking the tos by pretending to be someone else and using their name. It doesn't matter how long it has been, it is within Blizzard's interest as a company to keep records/accounts intact because that is how they make their money. Contrary to popular belief, not every player has played WoW every day since 2004.

    Edit: I keep typing other responses but they keep getting deleted whenever I try to save them. I'll try again later.
    Yeah when you sell an account you tend to keep those materials in case you want to take the account back.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Yeah when you sell an account you tend to keep those materials in case you want to take the account back.
    That doesn't make an ounce of sense. If I went to buy an account, I would be adamant about getting the Cd keys and a scanned Id or something, all that stuff to be safe.

    There is no way that this person would have the cd keys.

    You seem very knowledgeable about selling accounts though, someone doing a little bit of shady business dealings under the table?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbobagshot
    ...mountains of blood elf priest pussy irl is any pve player's dream.

  15. #55
    Why did you put the new RAF account on a different B.net account though? You could have kept it on the same B.net account, just let the old WoW account expire while you play the new one.

    That way you maintain control of the old account since you're still using the same login details as before.

  16. #56
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    829
    Sounds like Blizzard CS stopped a scammer from continuing to scam. Bravo to their CS team, shame on you, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    WoD is just another lazy expansion, they reskin outlands and resort to time travel to keep the cash cow flowing. Honestly you people will buy anything!

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    That doesn't make an ounce of sense. If I went to buy an account, I would be adamant about getting the Cd keys and a scanned Id or something, all that stuff to be safe.

    There is no way that this person would have the cd keys.

    You seem very knowledgeable about selling accounts though, someone doing a little bit of shady business dealings under the table?
    So you buy an account and get the CD keys what's to stop the person who sold it to I don't know just copy down the CD keys. When you forgot your email address did you forget how a pen and piece of paper work as well? Also find it funny you'd ask for a scanned ID because we all know anyone will just give that information out to someone on the internet they are trying to sell an account to.

  18. #58
    A) Blizzard does not delete characters no matter how long it's been. They MIGHT delete low level characters, but not level 80s. Stop saying this, you're dumb.

    B) It does not take that long to re-level new characters. Just do it, it isn't that big of a loss honestly.

    C) Blizzard customer service leaves a lot to be desired these days. They definitely cut back on how much they spend on reps, increase how much automation there is by a LOT, and also decreased what reps can actually do to help people.

    D) I doubt somebody told you over the phone that the account your characters were transferred to "has spent a lot of money." It's POSSIBLE, but unlikely.

    E) It's possible you sold your account and you're trying to get it back, but it isn't an automatic assumption I'd make like some other posters here.

    As far as you guys with your first answer being, "Go talk to a lawyer" - what lawyers have you guys talked to, in your life? Also, lol @ "Blizzard lawyers > your lawyer, you have no chance."

  19. #59
    I would say that you are justified at being mad with them, whether you should be mad because they have not done their job properly or they will not give you what you want is another matter entirely. Unfortunately as you have seen any thread like this quickly gets filled with people throwing accusations around as they simply cannot believe that Blizzard would ever be wrong.

    If you did not sell your character, phone them again and ask for an address to write to, write to them asking them to explain why they transferred your characters without your permission and what proof they had at the time that you requested the transfer. Above all be polite but firm

  20. #60
    While this story feels very fake to me I will have to agree that their customer support has gone down hill a lot.

    My story takes place in the world of diablo 3. You see ever since the first update I have not been able to get online with the game. I am greeted with a message stating that it needs to update but the file pathway is corrupt. So I have removed the game and reinstalled it utilizing both my disc and the battle.net downloader which yielded no results. Ok well for laughs lets try a friends disc...nope same problem. Well lets see if I delete that update file forcing it to create a new one with the already existing software there...nope still getting that message. Ok well lets move it out of it's program files 86 location and move it to program files as that has been reported as an issue and still nothing. Well lets turn off kasperky and nothing. Peer to peer turn off in the settings but nothing there. Lets see if it's a bandwidth issue so I uplugged my router and did it while being hardwired into the internet but nothing there either.

    So I open a ticket and the rep tells me that they cannot think of anything else but to get the update file from a friend and try it. So i bite and drive an hour to a friends house to get the file on a usb but the thing wont recognize it either so I open the ticket back up but get a different rep who says try and uninstall it which I point out has already been done so they say they have no clue what to do. I get another gm to respond to my ticket and says after further review of the situation they need some files to check so I happily give them said files. They say the files look in order and they can't see any problems.

    I finally give up with them in the ticket aspect (2 day wait and all) so I give them a call. I explain everything again and the rep tells me I was doing everything they can think of and he can't see the issue. So he has me try these steps again and stays on the phone while checking to see if I make it into the servers. After none of it works I ask him if there is anyway they can refund the money to me in some way. He tells me to go to my retailer and I tell him in my state a computer game can't be returned once the seal has been broken and point out that since it's a cd key a different copy wouldn't do anything. He says they can't refund it so I ask to speak to a supervisor. I am put on hold and the supervisor finally comes on the phone and tells me he has been made aware of the situation so he is up to speed. I ask again for the refund and he says he can't do it. So I say "I don't care about it being cash if you guys could just refund the money to me in bnet dollars I will use them on something wow related". He says I'm sorry we can't do that and hangs up.

    To this day I have a total of 2 hours in that game with a nice level 6 witch doctor to show for my $60.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •