Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    At this point he realizes that telling me stealing accounts ISN'T malicious isn't going to get me to hang up. He asks to put me on hold, and I wait for a few minutes. He comes back, sighs and tells me, "Okay, the real reason we aren't giving you back your characters is how much this person has spent." What...? "Well, this person bought a new account, all the expansions, and a year of WoW time." Literally speechless, the call ends.
    I can't imagine that 1) the customer service guy would know that information, assuming it is true and 2) that a customer service guy would EVER discuss someone else's account status like that with someone else over the phone.

    So, I'm not sure what to believe.

    Beyond that, I know it kind of sucks, but if you really wanted to play you could just take a deep breath and realize for yourself that a couple level 80 characters is no big loss. In some other games I could see losing items could be a problem, but in WoW everything is so replaceable and anything not max-level is pretty pointless.
    Last edited by Porcell; 2012-12-31 at 06:37 AM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I hate it when people respond on a post with a sherlock holmes answer... "

    ...

    If you want one pm me I happen to know one that will pretty much review your case and send an email to blizzard that will prolly force them to refund your characters. (Did it with my permanent banned account and got it back, language barrier reasons)
    I hate when people reply to a post with shady as hell "Hey, I know a guy who can get your account back for $50, just PM me" nonsense!
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

  3. #23
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    924
    I don't understand how someone can transfer chars away from your account? It's not possible unless the same person owns both accounts. Or did i get it wrong?

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer Kouki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,512
    Let me try to understand.

    First you said you only played for 3 years, then it became 6.

    You left the account for 2 years inactive.

    You must have used a gold seller site or fallen for a fish scam, or not been careful with a decent password and authenticator.
    "Do you have one pass for all games?".

    I don't Doubt for a second that your Character saves are gone, they only last 6 months, and you were inactive for 2 years.

    But Im not buying the whole blizzard Dumped me for a Chinese bot who payed more money than me.
    To start off they ban these account theif's and decline the credit cards because the Bots try to take the monthly payments back via credit fraud.

    Its too costly to blizzard to side allow or side with ppl like these acc stealing bots, the costs to them are more than you have ever paid plus what the bot paid.

    Bot steals acc pays 15 bucks to give it a month steals your gold transfers a character, then declines the credit card payment for the 15 bucks.
    Blizzard has to go to litigation with visa, and costs blizzard 20k. per case. Just so they can get that guys 15 bucks really you think they want his 15 bucks so bad?
    -Scrapbot stole my sig-

  5. #25
    So in short you sold your account blizzard wouldn't steal it back for you and now you are trying to get us to feel sorry for you about it?

    Just make a new account and move on remember this incident for future reference.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    I don't Doubt for a second that your Character saves are gone, they only last 6 months, and you were inactive for 2 years.
    Seriously don't tell such nonsense. Blizzard NEVER deletes accounts or characters. They only wipe user-deleted characters permanently after a while if they were low-level.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I hate it when people respond on a post with a sherlock holmes answer... "Oh i think u sold it and then u trying to get it back" or whatever.

    Guys seriously atm u can't really know what happened and how it happened. And let me tell you that if you had an acc like me inactive since vanilla it would most likely been hacked or wiped of the databases. Also blizzard reserves all the rights to your accounts so you can't do pretty much OR CAN YOU?

    The answer is yes. My friend one of the solutions that will get your characters restored is to hire an attorney that is specialized in wow matters. Yes they do exist and usually they are post students that charge up to 50$ per case of getting your accounts unbanned, characters back etc. If you want one pm me I happen to know one that will pretty much review your case and send an email to blizzard that will prolly force them to refund your characters. (Did it with my permanent banned account and got it back, language barrier reasons)

    Also Ill have to agree that 99% of my tickers had an automated bot response, and yes it feels like my sub money were going nowhere. That's why i unsubed and pretty much quit this game.

    Peace out guys.

    You know i know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who has a brother in law that is related to his second cousin that knows another guy that knows things. PM me to know

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Let me try to understand.

    First you said you only played for 3 years, then it became 6.

    You left the account for 2 years inactive.

    You must have used a gold seller site or fallen for a fish scam, or not been careful with a decent password and authenticator.
    "Do you have one pass for all games?".

    I don't Doubt for a second that your Character saves are gone, they only last 6 months, and you were inactive for 2 years.
    It helps to read entire posts, but hey... We all make mistakes. I even had to go back to read because I was confused.

    This all started about 2 years and 7 months ago. I decided to cancel my current account, RAF with my brother/friends (since this would be much cheaper than transferring/faction changing my old characters.) At this point I had spent 3 years and probably more than $800 on this account, and planned to just leave it innactive until I had more money to transfer them over to the new account in the future.
    2+(7/12)+3 ≈ 6. As for the character saves... What exactly are you referring to? Blizzard hasn't deleted any character saves, so they claim. Not to mention it'd be a horrid business practice as it'd discourage people from resubbing.

    As for the rest: I've never had a bad experience with Blizzard. They've always helped me and were very nice and patient. Those related to the XBOX customer service area, however, were not that... Hm. Well, they weren't mean, it just felt... off.

  9. #29
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,143
    So the only reason you wanted to transfer over your old guys was to "rekindle some old memories," because you already have an active WoW account that (presumably) you have been playing for the past 2 years 7 months.

    So... you don't get your old characters because of [whatever reason]. Not really a massive loss, is it?

  10. #30
    While I'd like to believe you, I highly doubt that you were told that it had something to do with how much money someone else paid. For one telling you that would be against company policy, secondly it would be extremely unprofessional and third I know that after a certain amount of time passes Blizzard is unable to fully restore characters. A guildie of mine had something similar happen to him during the TBC. He stopped playing near the start of TBC and returned near the end of TBC. At some point near the start of his time off from WoW his account was compromised and a few of his characters were deleted and one of them transferred. When he came back to WoW he was told that the transferred one was gone forever because too much time had passed and the deleted ones could be restored but without any of their items because too much time had passed. Or perhaps it was the other way around.

    I'd imagine they keep records of transactions but I can't imagine they keep a back up of every deleted character indefinitely .. And I also know that what they're allowed to do with transferred characters is kind of limited. I paid for a faction transfer awhile back, three days, two levels, and 2 maxed professions later my bank declined the transaction. I called Blizzard, Blizzard told me they'd reverse the faction transfer and then push it through again and that way I'd be in good standing with them. They did. I logged in ... annnnnnnd I was level 85 again with Cata level professions. I wonder if that's in any way related to your problem, perhaps it's an issue of they don't want to give you the characters as they are now because while they were yours several years ago everything done with them since was done by someone else and they don't have back-ups of your characters at the moment they were transferred?

    Either way, after a large amount of time passes you're kind of screwed. Perhaps you simply misunderstood the customer service rep.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2012-12-31 at 07:10 AM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliannan View Post
    I don't understand what is wrong with this response from Blizzard - it's perfectly fine. PVPing in Halfhill is not against the TOS.
    1) pvping is fine in halfhill
    2) the gm's automated response broke and he couldn't even say my name cause w/e happened in his script
    3) MOST IMPORTANTLY i was not talking about pvp in halfhill. I was talking about people abusing a bug with the priest spell cascade. In halfhill you can cast the spell cascade on the other faction and GUARDS will kill the people the you cast the spell on. you can be sitting there afk and someone will cast cascade on you and you will be killed by guards. being killed by guards gives you a durability penalty. meanwhile this priest just moves 2 inches to their farm and the guards despawn. they wait 25 seconds and keep doing it. I have seen people doing this for 3+ hours a day

    edit: this bug has been in the game for several months
    Last edited by bals; 2012-12-31 at 07:18 AM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Seriously don't tell such nonsense. Blizzard NEVER deletes accounts or characters. They only wipe user-deleted characters permanently after a while if they were low-level.
    They don't have to be low level, they can be at level cap of the current expansion even. It's just a matter of time passing. If a character is deleted they don't keep that character's data around forever. At least this was true during TBC, it may have changed since then, but if a character is transferred and ages pass there is no reason for them to keep a record of that character before the transfer.

    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    I don't understand how someone can transfer chars away from your account? It's not possible unless the same person owns both accounts. Or did i get it wrong?
    Only has to have the same last name, not the same first name.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    I don't understand how someone can transfer chars away from your account? It's not possible unless the same person owns both accounts. Or did i get it wrong?
    You got it right. You can only transfer to accounts with the same last name. I have an extremely uncommon spelling of my last name so the chances of it being coincidence are too small. Someone created an account withmy last name to steal the characters.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 01:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    So the only reason you wanted to transfer over your old guys was to "rekindle some old memories," because you already have an active WoW account that (presumably) you have been playing for the past 2 years 7 months.

    So... you don't get your old characters because of [whatever reason]. Not really a massive loss, is it?
    Its a huge loss. A Hundred days of rare achievements, discontinued gears, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbobagshot
    ...mountains of blood elf priest pussy irl is any pve player's dream.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer Kouki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,512
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Seriously don't tell such nonsense. Blizzard NEVER deletes accounts or characters. They only wipe user-deleted characters permanently after a while if they were low-level.
    That's what i said.

    If You delete a character or item, the save only stays in the server for about 6 months.

    Sry hope its clear now what i meant.
    -Scrapbot stole my sig-

  15. #35
    Pit Lord Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,362
    Your story sounded legit, until you mention the "real reason" blizzard won't give you the account back. I just don't see them telling you that. I don't see anyone telling you that. Not that it matters, I have no way to tell if you are lying or not and frankly I don't care. If the customer service rep told you that, get a lawyer and go after them. Assuming you want the account back that bad. Good Luck with whatever you do.


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  16. #36
    Blizzard does not, in fact, have a way of guaranteeing you didn't sell these characters. Considering you say here it started two and a half years ago, it is potentially over two years since your account was stolen. In fact, I'd say the hacker had to have gotten your password before you stopped playing, else I don't see why you would be doing anything with it. If your characters were transferred years ago I'm not surprised at all that blizz wouldn't restore them.

  17. #37
    How does one spend $800 on a WoW account in 3 years?

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Niz View Post
    How does one spend $800 on a WoW account in 3 years?
    A LOT of character transfers I'd assume.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Niz View Post
    How does one spend $800 on a WoW account in 3 years?
    $540~ in sub fees if the OP paid month by month. +6%-9% if the OP lives in a state that requires Blizzard to charge sales tax. Plus character transfer fees.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    tldr; Characters get stolen off account, Blizzard won't return them because I was the one who sold them but I want to blame someone other than myself.
    Fixed that for you.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •