Thread: Ragnarok 2

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ragnarok 2

http://ro2.playpark.net/

Open beta starting 3rd Jan.
    Still, right now they are doing a couple of stress tests.

Sucks that I don't seem to be able to play it. I'm being forced to use 2 year graphic drivers... got a QosmioX300, with isn't supported by the most recent nvidia updates, if someone manages to find a way to login to the game without having to update the drivers, please do share =P

Been following this game for a while (remembering to Google it around 4 times a year for the last 5 years), and I think it's pretty lame. Ragnarok 2 butchers everything that made Ragnarok unique from other MMOs, now it just looks like generic Asian MMO #47.

I've no doubt they'll have enough--dare I say weeaboos--to have at least one or two English servers open though.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

It looks kinda fun. I've been waiting for it to come to the West.

I like their character designs, not exactly high fantasy/medieval, much more, hmm, liberal.
    Last edited by Wolfsage; 2012-12-31 at 12:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

looks like nearly every other mmorpg out there these days

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Been following this game for a while (remembering to Google it around 4 times a year for the last 5 years), and I think it's pretty lame. Ragnarok 2 butchers everything that made Ragnarok unique from other MMOs, now it just looks like generic Asian MMO #47.

I've no doubt they'll have enough--dare I say weeaboos--to have at least one or two English servers open though.
    One of the reasons they remade the entire game.

Watched a RO2 vid last month, almost puked to death, so bland and generic, liked RO1 pre advanced classes... oh my pink glasses :C

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

What did they change? I played the first one for a while like ~4+ years ago.

Granted I never played RO, so I'm sure the art style's consistent with that game.. but when I watched the site's intro video, I honestly thought I'd somehow landed on DragonNest's website.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    One of the reasons they remade the entire game.
    I completely agree. I played RO1 before advanced classes were added it was just so much more enjoyable. The whole gunslingers and rebirth after 99 just complicated the game so much. After playing games like WoW and GWs, going back to RO just seems simple and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronic1 View Post
    I completely agree. I played RO1 before advanced classes were added it was just so much more enjoyable. The whole gunslingers and rebirth after 99 just complicated the game so much. After playing games like WoW and GWs, going back to RO just seems simple and boring.
    No, I mean, after RO1, they made RO2, but it had almost NOTHING to do with RO1... was bad tbh.
    After this, they remade the entire damn thing =P

Too much World of Warcraft, too little Ragnarok.

Dear Asgardians,

We are happy to announce that OBT will start tomorrow, 3rd January 2013, at 1300 HRS (+8 GMT)! That is less than 19 hours from now!

However, it's with our deepest apologies that we announce we will not be able to provide the RO2 game service to players outside of our optimised countries - Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam - due to our licence agreement with the game's developer, Gravity Co., Ltd.

These aforementioned licence terms will take full effect from the start of OBT tomorrow and we deeply apologise for any inconvenience caused to players. We are extremely grateful for the support you have shown RO2 so far and we thank you again for being a part of this journey.

/sigh, still have to wait to try it out... given that I'm in Europe...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    /sigh, still have to wait to try it out... given that I'm in Europe...
    Indeed bro, pissed the hell out of me.
    Plus, cba looking for a guide how to bypass it via proxy, really can't >.<;

Aaaaaah Ragnarok, my first foray into MMO's before WoW sunk it's fangs into me....

tbh don't like the look of R2, tbh the thing it reminds me of most is "Ultimate Fantasy" the MMO from "Welcome to the NHK"...

If they could make a TRUE Ragnarok II, with the same system as the old game, but newer, shinier graphics.... I'd be on that in a second . Sadly it looks like that's very much not the game they're making, so I'll stick to WoW.
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

heck, if they make it f2p im sure plenty will try it.
    If not,. theyll have a hard time competing with the current market.

Author of: Goggle Cat Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    No, I mean, after RO1, they made RO2, but it had almost NOTHING to do with RO1... was bad tbh.
    After this, they remade the entire damn thing =P
    So it's true? Because I played BETA like(estimate)over 4 years ago for RO 2 and it surprised me that a thread was made with the date in the year 2012...

And for me too, iRO was my first MMO. Oh the days of farming LoD.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-01-06 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    So it's true? Because I played BETA like(estimate)over 4 years ago for RO 2 and it surprised me that a thread was made with the date in the year 2012...

And for me too, iRO was my first MMO. Oh the days of farming LoD.
    Yup, it's true. Many players complaned due the fact that the first ROII had NOTHING to do with Ragnarok at all... (Besides Prontera & Porings).
    Not to mention that there were already p.servers and the game wasn't even complete xD!

I don't mind the WoWish game style (I actually enjoy that) as long as it's still Ragnarok (Ragnarok Online, Ragnarok Anime, Ragnarok Battle Offline).

Hehe myobi you're still missing one rare gem that few people that loved RO1 will know about Ragnarok Tactics Offline (or Ragnarok Tactics), loved that game, sadly everything was on korean, couldn't understand wtf it tried to say (same as RBO expansion 1, got my skills so eff'd up with my archer and the stats were BS, full dex archer dealt no dmg :C and agi didn't help that much either)

So how similar it is to Rangarok 1 now that they "remade" RO2?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Hehe myobi you're still missing one rare gem that few people that loved RO1 will know about Ragnarok Tactics Offline (or Ragnarok Tactics), loved that game, sadly everything was on korean, couldn't understand wtf it tried to say (same as RBO expansion 1, got my skills so eff'd up with my archer and the stats were BS, full dex archer dealt no dmg :C and agi didn't help that much either)
    I actually had no bloody idea there was a PSP game =O!
    Got to download it >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    So how similar it is to Rangarok 1 now that they "remade" RO2?
    Ragnarok 2... after.

http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Ragnaro..._of_the_Second

Ragnarok 2.... before.

http://ragnarok2.wikia.com/wiki/Ragn...Wiki_-_Ro2Wiki
    Last edited by Myobi; 2013-01-11 at 03:59 AM.