• so so, should have been better.

14 10.77%
  • it sucked

19 14.62%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How was your new year celebration?

How was your new year celebration?
    Mine was good, it was a gathering of some family and we had a game to play.
    On the way home, on the street there was a drunk girl (with a drink in her hand) yelling for a taxi how she really needs one. I asked my wife if we can pick her up, but that joke didn't go over well.

Pretty good. Had a smallish gathering at a friends, drinks, walk to the beach for a swim and watch the fireworks from the harbour. And back to the house for drinks and accidentally drinking a friends drink that had LSD in it so that, made the night interesting...I think.
    i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || ASUS Sabertooth Z77 || EVGA GTX690 || 16GB G-Skill || 128GB+512GB SSD (PRO/EVO) || 2TB+4TB WD Blacks || Corsair HX-850W || Custom Water Cooling
    Cooler Master HAF X || ASUS PB278Q 2560x1440 || Logitech G19 || Cyborg RAT7 || Xonar DX || BitFenix Recon Fan Controller

Sucked where I was, no one but myself and my girlfriend. Lot of fireworks but none from our neighborhood. Looked like everyone was asleep or away
    mrgummage#2816 | Grand Marshal Hottage | Warlords of Draenor Beta Club
    ASUS N53SM : Intel i7 2.2Ghz (3.1Ghz Turbo) : 16GB DDR3 : Geforce GT 630M : Samsung 840 EVO 1TB : Windows 8.1 Pro

It was rainy and wet and cold and dark and lonely.
    So pretty good

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

Pretty alright, only myself, played halo 4 into the new year, and then watched a movie comforting my cats who where all over the place.. *Shakes fist at fireworks*

I basically spent it talking to a very lovely lady friend on MSN while trying to outdo each other in drinking speed... yeah... I had fun at least!

Rarely updated...

Awesome. My cat and I had lots of fun together.

Mine was nice the husband, myself, and our three month old stayed in to avoid the drunk drivers and had a little spread with some beer, wine, and a little champagne to ring in the new year (my husband and I, of course, no alcohol for the baby lol). Played Dishonored and talked about everything that happened this past year. It was such a nice change from bar hopping.

I am not sure, do not remember much of it.

Went to view the Fireballs in Stonehaven, too many people there though, so we couldn't get in. The Red Hot Chili Pipers were playing in the Square though, tickets to get into the main area however. So in true Aberdonian fashion, we stood outside to listen instead of paying. Fuckin' awesome stuff mind; anyone who says bagpipes sound terrible has clearly never heard Thunderstruck played on the bagpipes.

Thought it'd be crap with my recent break-up with one I really liked. But with the support of my good friend Jack Daniels and a lot of other friends(real ones), I pulled through it. And hey, I got introduced to the shadow-side with some of my friends
    Love without pain isn't really romance.

The Patient
    was good, drank some beers, some malibu, some cognac, somed some cigars, cigarettes, skunk, had some fun with fireworks, was awesome with 2 friends, of mine, and alot other people i dont know because i was in the other end of the country than i was used to

I woke up at midnight to a bunch of pot-banging and firecrackers. Couldn't get back to sleep for twenty minutes.

But all in all, not too bad.

Meeh, it was okay.
    Almost all my friends "had" to spend it with their family and loved ones, so I had to go through it with a friend who got rejected during a date the day before.
    So we went to my pub, hoping there'd be some regulars over there but it were mostly strangers.

It was good. Spent some time with a few people, small enough crowd that I felt comfortable with even if I would have never gone out by my own initiative. Had a few rounds rounds of whiskey and vodka, and also got to try Bacardi 252 which was..... interesting. No fireworks here, but I've always been impartial to those. Also got to watch the IT Crowd with drunk people while I was merely tipsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I woke up at midnight to a bunch of pot-banging and firecrackers. Couldn't get back to sleep for twenty minutes.

But all in all, not too bad.
    I was awakened by a kitten, which is an all and all glorious experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    It was rainy and wet and cold and dark and lonely.
    So pretty good
    I have a feeling you would love my home town

Old God
    I had a great time, as had our guests. Quite shitty weather though, but still a heck of alot of fireworks going off.
    Was a bit shaky when I woke up today, had a bit of a hungover so sorting out all the dishes and cleaning up(nothing too bad, some small booze stains thats all) wasn't too fun, but worth it.

Good turn up, packed house, happy and familiar faces, good drinks, good ganja, and good old tongue hockey with the missus under the stars at midnight. In short a good night.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Played league of legends with my husband and a friend, watched the fireworks on TV and then watched a movie .... avoided getting freezing cold and soaking wet... made fun of my friends this morning who logged on to chat with horrible hangovers and had a big lunch with family to toast the new year today Pretty easy going.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: Wildstar | Elder Scrolls Online | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG
    Steam | Twitter

Was ill, it sucked, missed my ex very much blabla you know the drill. Here's hoping 2013 - 2014 will be more fun.

It was ok, went to a super loud place (could swear it got 2x louder since last year). Food was good, had a pretty good time. Unlike last year, people started leaving before midnight, which was a bit perplexing.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.

i was in London, stood at horseguards parade, a decent view, not as great as i wanted, but still pretty cool. but jesus, so many people. spending it in London with some friends was pretty fun though
    Too cool for a signature