Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Class with the most CC ?

I like classes with CC and control.

Which is it? or more than one if there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages now. Rogues next patch.

i'd say rogue

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Mages now. Rogues next patch.
    Generally speaking, mage CC is primarily anti-melee.

BM hunters have one of the stronger sets of CC (against both melee and ranged). Scatter, launched Freezing Trap, Explosive Trap, Monkey, Intimidation, Silencing Shot.
    Last edited by yurano; 2012-12-31 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    Mages against melee if you're not hitting the people you root. Hunter probably overall.

demo lock > sleep, fear, banish, Spell Lock (till next patch) another fear, long duration aoe stun, carrion swarm aoe interrupt, Felguard axetoss, shivarah mesmerise. Granted some arent truly cc, but good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    demo lock > sleep, fear, banish, Spell Lock (till next patch) another fear, long duration aoe stun, carrion swarm aoe interrupt, Felguard axetoss, shivarah mesmerise. Granted some arent truly cc, but good enough
    Sleep and fear share a DR. Banish only works against a few select classes.

Which is the demonology lock's long duration stun?

So far I see the following CCs: Fear, T2 talent, 1x pet CC (Spell Lock OR Axe Toss OR Mesmerize), Carrion Swarm knockback (only available while in god mode)

yeah i dont mean you have them all together, i mean theres a variety, and im talkin bout shadowfury for the stun. I wish all the cc was available at the same time lol.

yeah i dont mean you have them all together, i mean theres a variety, and im talkin bout shadowfury for the stun. I wish all the cc was available at the same time lol.
    Technically you can double up on pet CC if you go Grimoire of Service

how will it be rogues next patch?

our CC gains nothing substatial? prep resets no cc except dismantle which isnt 'cc' per se

Baseline? probably rogues.

I'd say warlocks atm, next patch probably rogues or mages- leaning towards rogues.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    sleep, fear, howl of terror, seduce/mesmerise all share the same dr.
    interrupts are not really cc imo....

Also, it's still less then what a rogue brings..

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Also, it's still less then what a rogue brings..
    I might be wrong but Rogues only bring: Sap, Kidney, Smoke Bomb, Blind, Interrupt and Opener (Garrote/Cheap) which isn't all that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Technically you can double up on pet CC if you go Grimoire of Service
    I just wonder how? I havent figured out how to control my grimoire pet, and do not think it is intended. If it does work please share as to how.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    I might be wrong but Rogues only bring: Sap, Kidney, Smoke Bomb, Blind, Interrupt and Opener (Garrote/Cheap) which isn't all that much.
    As well as a perma 70% slow, gouge, paralytic poison and a disarm.
    It's only more than every other class...

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    As well as a perma 70% slow, gouge, paralytic poison and a disarm.
    It's only more than every other class...
    not to quibble, but I would say you are blurring the lines somewhat with what CC is. Crowd control isnt snares. or smoke. or even interrupts

CC is something that controls the enemy. i.e a root. or a stun.

It really depends, if you talk entire toolkits, I think lock/mage would be highest.

There was a thread not long ago where someone actually went through all the classes and their CCs. I think it ended up being Rogue having more CC 1v1.

But in a 3s situation Mage has more CC if you include root (which is pretty huge since dispel change).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    not to quibble, but I would say you are blurring the lines somewhat with what CC is. Crowd control isnt snares. or smoke. or even interrupts

CC is something that controls the enemy. i.e a root. or a stun.

It really depends, if you talk entire toolkits, I think lock/mage would be highest.
    I'm aware that interrupts and snares isn't cc, however since the guy I replied to was including them, I did as well...

Currently rogues, mages and ferals have the best toolkits, warlocks as you say on the other hand only have fear + howl/coil/shadowfury... ( Most warlocks don't use a pet, only demo locks sometimes)....
    However, because blood fear is instant on a short cooldown, warlocks still bring a good amount of cc and thus don't require a lot more cc...

In 1v1, maybe rogues, but in arenas I'd say mages by far as they can theoretically spam CC w/o immunity from DR kicking in.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com