Upcoming Patch ideas: Iconic Weapons of history

Ok, now most of you know of the Transmogrification Process that was released during Cataclysm. Well there were many people that started making comments about their "favorite" weapons and armor and how they can't get them anymore because they are no longer obtainable in-game, for example, the dungeon set 1-(I believe)3; CORRUPTED ASHBRINGER; Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian; Andonisus, reaper of souls; Etc., even items that never made it as in-game content or never released to public, like Purified ashbringer, frostmourne, alternative-model warglaives, etc.
    Well my idea was to create a new vendor that sells these items without any stats but are meant for transmogs, like the challenge gear of MoP. Now here is how I think they can do it too, now we all know that with every expansion so far, an addition was made to the Caverns of Time in Tanaris, now I figured that when Blizzard goes and makes their next set of content for CoT, they can also implement a new vendor beside the quartermaster, calling him/her a "weapons of legend vendor" or somethin of the sort, but in order to purchase the certain piece you want, you have to meet certain criteria, now each item will have different requirements, like for example, [Frostmourne] - requires the ICC 10-man or greater achievement,

*edit* like I said in the comments below, they won't look exactly the same, there will be a very visible difference in the model, I can try and post an example of one when I get done with it.
    Corrupted ashbringer - Complete all wings of naxxyramas 25-man heroic in one session,
    pure ashbringer - complete ICC 10 or 25 man heroic with the Corrupted ashbringer item in your bag for the entire raid,
    I also wanna hear your guys feedback on this, and hopefully, someone from blizzard can see this and at least suggest this idea to the production teams, but maybe I hope for too much.
    Last edited by bhawk0473; 2012-12-31 at 05:35 AM. Reason: extension

This of course would be cool. But it will NEVER happen. Some lore items just have too much significance attached to them, IE: every weapon you stated.

People in the past had to work THEIR VIRTUAL ASSES OFF to get, say, Atiesh or the Corrupted Ashbringer. It would be about the biggest slap to the face to all players who've been around since WoW started. That'd be like giving out charity Thunderfuries or letting people get the original 100% speed mounts again. People who have them will feel like all their work was for naught.
    ~Alexstrasza runs in, gets frozen for the ENTIRE battle then realizes she can breathe fire, jumps out, lets YOU kill him, then steals the spotlight with the whole BRAVE SOLDIERS THANK YOU FOR AIDING ME crap and goes on her merry way.
    Then again THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A EARTH ASPECT But then thrall GASP Takes Deathwings chin and becomes the new NELTHRALLION!

~Edit~ My past self must be some sort of a prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by bhawk0473 View Post
    Ok, now most of you know of the Transmogrification Process that was released during Cataclysm. Well there were many people that started making comments about their "favorite" weapons and armor and how they can't get them anymore because they are no longer obtainable in-game, for example, the dungeon set 1-(I believe)3; CORRUPTED ASHBRINGER; Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian; Andonisus, reaper of souls; Etc., even items that never made it as in-game content or never released to public, like Purified ashbringer, frostmourne, alternative-model warglaives, etc.
    Well my idea was to create a new vendor that sells these items without any stats but are meant for transmogs, like the challenge gear of MoP. Now here is how I think they can do it too, now we all know that with every expansion so far, an addition was made to the Caverns of Time in Tanaris, now I figured that when Blizzard goes and makes their next set of content for CoT, they can also implement a new vendor beside the quartermaster, calling him/her a "weapons of legend vendor" or somethin of the sort, but in order to purchase the certain piece you want, you have to meet certain criteria, now each item will have different requirements, like for example, [Frostmourne] - requires the ICC 10-man or greater achievement,
    Corrupted ashbringer - Complete all wings of naxxyramas 25-man heroic in one session,
    pure ashbringer - complete ICC 10 or 25 man heroic with the Corrupted ashbringer item in your bag for the entire raid,
    I also wanna hear your guys feedback on this, and hopefully, someone from blizzard can see this and at least suggest this idea to the production teams, but maybe I hope for too much.
    They're doing something like that.

In the official notes it says there's something called the Lightning Forge that crafts weapons that are no longer able to be made (I think).

So yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

blizzard said that giving players the Ashbriger was a mistake because of how much they ended up using the sword for lore in WOTLK so i think we will never see that weapon back in the game

a sword i want to see back again is the Lionheart

Quote Originally Posted by narve View Post
    a sword i want to see back again is the Lionheart
    99.9% sure that's the sort of weapons we'll see back.

Deleted
    I'd rather not see a Corrupted Ashbringer ever again than see every baddy have one. Besides, such rare items increase the "value" of someone's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    I'd rather not see a Corrupted Ashbringer ever again than see every baddy have one. Besides, such rare items increase the "value" of someone's character.
    While I in general agree we all know that this stuff will likely come back and if it is via the bmah so I'd rather have everyone access to it instead of rewarding mostly bot users.

Ashbringer is Tirion's, not yours. The Corrupted Ashbringers already floating around turn out to be very skillfully made Pandaren knockoffs

I'd rather see them return the stuff they took from us w/o any explanation (BS specialty items, for example) and make them BoE so crafters can make and trade them.

Ok, it does make sence about the items that the people worked their asses off to get are too valuable to give up, but how about have the weapon but somethings different about it, like time-lost effects appeared on it, make them translucent, off color, something to make then look different from the original, crap even make them black and white, something like that. And yes, I'd also like to see the removed items returned too, how, idk yet, maybe same way, but by the end of this, the vendor will have over 9000 different items...
    Last edited by bhawk0473; 2012-12-31 at 05:23 AM.

atiesh and corrupted ashbringer etc. should never be released for the mass audience.
    They are too powerful for mere mortals to wear.
    Like Andonisus, that weapon was only wearable by a character for less than 1 day (i cant remember how long exactly), and then it disappeared. And it was used in the Atiesh quest chain, or it dropped from one of the elites in it i think.

I want TBC blacksmithing weapons back, i already have the hammer specialization and all its weapons but i want the axes actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    They're doing something like that.

In the official notes it says there's something called the Lightning Forge that crafts weapons that are no longer able to be made (I think).

So yeah.
    From all indications that's only going to allow the old BoP BS weapons like the Lionheart and Bloodmoon. They may add others, but I doubt they'll ever add many of the old really iconic weapons to it.

Oh and Andonisus uses the same model - minus the purple sparkles - as the sword that drops from Fearlina I want to say in Naxx 10 or 25.
    Last edited by Shelly; 2012-12-31 at 05:33 AM.

That's kind of what I was saying in my previous comment, they won't be exactly the same, just similar looks, and they have no stats on them, only quality, slot, type(1h sword, 2h axe, plate, mail, etc.), and bindings.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 05:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    From all indications that's only going to allow the old BoP BS weapons like the Lionheart and Bloodmoon. They may add others, but I doubt they'll ever add many of the old really iconic weapons to it.

Oh and Andonisus uses the same model - minus the purple sparkles - as the sword that drops from Fearlina I want to say in Naxx 10 or 25.
    Ya, didn't think of that one, kinda forgot bout that one.