Quick question about WW gemming(PvE)

I recently picked up tier chest and some boots from LFR both pieces have yellow gems. So should I gem for +320 haste or go with deft gems(80 agi/160 haste)?

I used "askmrrobot" It was saying go with 320 haste gems. So do WW monks favor haste over agi?

Sorry I'm a newb to the monk class and just recently returned to WoW after a 12month break.

At low levels of gear, I believe you gem haste. Once you get a decent amount of it (and a higher average ilevel) you then move on to gemming agility. What this point is, I'm not sure. Could try reading through the discussion in the WW guide for more accurate information, I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    At low levels of gear, I believe you gem haste. Once you get a decent amount of it (and a higher average ilevel) you then move on to gemming agility. What this point is, I'm not sure. Could try reading through the discussion in the WW guide for more accurate information, I'd imagine.

I will check that it out thanks for the information.

Deleted
    Go with the mixed gem. Agility is still your main stat, so mixing the two always seemed more ideal to me.

Deleted
    Red - Agility
    Yellow - Agility + Haste / Agility + Crit, whatever you prefer. I'd suggest you go for at least 4k haste before going for crit.
    Blue - Agility + hit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Basically, above 4K haste with Ascension is a loss. If the gems put you over 4K, it'll generally be better to not gem for the socket bonus. I myself use pure Agi gems, unless the socket bonus is agi or crit or if I need a certain bonus (for example, if I find that I can bring myself closer to 7.5% hit/exp by matching a certain socket bonus - however, this is rarely the case).

OP, if your are hitting 4K haste with ease, consider either an agi/crit gem or a pure agi gem. Otherwise, go agi/haste.

Thanks for the help everyone. I am sitting at 4063 haste to be exact(was 4.4k), just picked up another waist today so it dropped my haste by 400. Good information for the future, thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    Basically, above 4K haste with Ascension is a loss.
    That's entirely false. Haste has seen DPS gains all the way up to 8k with Ascension and I'm sure under the right circumstances could go even higher. The 4k haste benchmark is an ugly rumor that's spread way too far. On the other hand, you can use Crit instead of Haste, it's just not any better or worse and Haste has no sort of 4k cap.

With that being said, JadleHF gave you the correct information. Go mixed gems of whichever secondary stat you prefer.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanlol View Post
    That's entirely false. Haste has seen DPS gains all the way up to 8k with Ascension and I'm sure under the right circumstances could go even higher. The 4k haste benchmark is an ugly rumor that's spread way too far. On the other hand, you can use Crit instead of Haste, it's just not any better or worse and Haste has no sort of 4k cap.

With that being said, JadleHF gave you the correct information. Go mixed gems of whichever secondary stat you prefer.
    I'll admit that what I said was a bit of an oversimplification - it's not necessarily a loss - but I've found that being above 4K haste is rather... uncomfortable, for lack of a better term (but keep in mind you also pulled what I said out of context). I've found that when I'm above 4K, I'm less likely to do things such as use EB or FoF, simply because of how fast my energy regeneration is. Perhaps it isn't a loss, but most of the math and spreadsheets I've looked at and manipulated have shown that Tiger Strikes in particular work better off of crit than haste. In addition, keep in mind that crit tends to work off of damage multipliers (such as Tigereye Brew, or RSK's debuff).

I'm doing another plot for myself right now of crit vs. haste, but every single one I've done up to this point has shown that going beyond 4K haste is less damage than sitting at 4K and reforging toward crit - my ingame results have mirrored this.

Edit: Well, let me grow on that. For example, I'm at 4.5k and I'm all right, but my energy regen is a bit quicker than I prefer. I can see going as high as 5k, but 8K seems like it would cause me to not use EB or FoF, which is a damage loss.

At 6k haste using EB will usually cap you, or even make you go over in energy.