Enhancement Cooldown management

Hello, shamans. I recently hit 90 on my shaman, which is my 5th. I have this strange urge to min max in every way possible and im just having some difficulty with doing so on my enhance.

the problem i have the most with it is the cooldowns. Is it most effective to blow everything at once, or stagger them, or perhaps a combination of the two. For example, on my warrior, unless it is called for specifically, I combine skull banner and recklessness because of the synergy of the two (crit chance combined with crit damage). On my Pala, when burst is needed, I use Guardian of ancient kings, and then pop wings 10 seconds later to maximize the strength buff from GoAK. Could someone help me with the idea of when I should use my cooldowns to the greatest effect, other than Heroism?

Right now, I'm doing as follows. FET->puppies->UE->Stormstrike->Ascendance->Storm totem.

No no no no! FET is stupid. It scales with your current stats when you summon it, and will not update later. So more like potion-->wolves-->(use-trinkets--->)ue-->fs-->ss-->hero-->fet-->ascendance. or something similar. just make sure you have all buffs and procs up when you summon FET.

Deleted
    I assumed all pets and guardians in MoP scale with procs & such.

Yeah, wolves and elementals update dynamically now. Since both pets have an uptime longer than 20-25 seconds (the normal uptime of a trinket buff) it is usually best to pop the wolves and/or elemental then pop the trinkets immediately after for the greatest benefit.

Also, buhrag, the enhance guide just added a section detailing the optimal opening sequence.

I made a video which may help you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Osl2...KRExDA&index=5
    Author of Enhancement Technique, a priority manager for Enhancement Shamans | My YouTube channel | Teckniques @ Sargeras-US

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyttis View Post
    No no no no! FET is stupid. It scales with your current stats when you summon it, and will not update later. So more like potion-->wolves-->(use-trinkets--->)ue-->fs-->ss-->hero-->fet-->ascendance. or something similar. just make sure you have all buffs and procs up when you summon FET.
    This is no longer the case. Fire elemental totem is a guardian and no longer snapshots your stats. Its stats will update as yours do.

what about after 5 minutes into the fight when FET comes up again and bloodlust cooldown reset. do i give my FET bloodlust before or after i plant the FET totem

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    what about after 5 minutes into the fight when FET comes up again and bloodlust cooldown reset. do i give my FET bloodlust before or after i plant the FET totem
    They won't benefit from bloodlust/heroism again until you lose your exhaustion debuff since they work off of your stats. If you can't get the buff from hero, by extension neither can they.
    Last edited by Delanath; 2012-12-31 at 07:06 PM. Reason: clarity

10+ Year Old Account
    Wolves just before pull->FET->Stormlash->UE->Stormstrike->Ascendance, Stormblast

Wolves are a very small portion of your dps, and arent really an offensive cooldown. Think of them more like a rotational ability, that you'll use throughout the fight when nothing else is up. Syncing cooldowns with them not important.
    Stormlash should always be dropped before ascendance because of bonus damage scaling as well as having a stormstrike immediately followed by a stormblast.
    Assuming a patchwerk fight with no bonus damage mechanics or anything, continue to use everything off cooldown, dont need to stack ascendance with stormlash/FET

Quote Originally Posted by TecPontificates View Post
    Exactly what i was looking for. thank you much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TecPontificates View Post
    +1. Loved it.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sooprbamp View Post
    Stormlash should always be dropped before ascendance because of bonus damage scaling as well as having a stormstrike immediately followed by a stormblast
    Not to be nitpicky, but there is no "bonus damage scaling" between Stormlash and Ascendance. Stormlash hits are based SOLELY on your AP, not on the hit that generated the Stormlash proc. Ascendance only modifies your auto-attacks and Stormstrike.

However, Stormlash should still be dropped before Ascendance because of the extra stormstrike, as you mentioned.