Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Vanilla / Vanilla / Vanilla / Vanilla / MoP

Not that i am not enjoying the other but now days its like:

- Epic are the blue items from vanilla. When you got your first epic item in vanilla it was like: Well you know the feeling if you played it.
    - On vanilla people where more social and dedicated to play. Now days its like:
    1. Insert 24 random names has joined your raid group
    2. First boss, not a single word in chat.
    3. The tank dies. Random player starts to talk: "Kick tank", "l2p tank", "Nub", "Insert more random rant in here". Tank has left the raid group.
    4. In 10 man normal sometimes you need some random dps / tank / healer. You get your random player. First boss goes down in 1 go. Second boss goes down to 4%. Random pug: "This raid sucks i am leaving / fake dc'ing".

Vanilla was more social and satisfying for me. Killing a boss was really a challenge. And you always wondered. How does the room of boss 2 looks like? MoP is nice. But i just don't have that "epic vanilla feeling" any longer.

TBC>Vanilla>WoTLK>MoP>Cata
    Lore wise TBC and Vanilla had the most interactive world and good stories.
    The music in vanilla tbc and wrath was all fantastic, mop is good too.
    Raid progression is the best thing for so many reasons, vanilla and tbc take the win.
    And finally, the diff between vanilla and previous mmos(like eq) is so massive. Vanilla to TBC also had the largest amount of changes+content compared to any of the other expacs.

mop>wrath/cata>tbc>vanilla

wrath fixed alot of issues i had with wow. cata kept on being wrath while not adding anything new. 4.3 added transmogging which ive always wanted but the raid was really lacking

Best: Cataclysm
    Worst: MoP

i kid of course

Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    When it comes to a social world with people being fun rather than being depressed i would say:

1. Vanilla. Met alot of friends and saw lots of drama. It was so social that faction-racism existed. Wouldnt be surprising if an alliance player got beaten by horde players IRL because the only reason being hes playing an alliance toon.

2. TBC. Much like vanilla except only better because the game felt friendlier and more rewarding in my ways. I would say that TBC=Vanilla when it comes to being social.

3. WOTLK. This is where the game started getting depressed not because of the game itself, more like noone talked to eachother anymore. The guilds were still nice.

4. MOP. Still depressing but people helps out with eachother and speaks about how much they owned in the general chat. Atleast its a LITTLE bit better than WOTLK.

5. CATA. Worst expansion to date when it comes to being social. Felt like i played with people with severe depression. Even the GMs stopped messing around and joking with me.
    OP spells at Ashran? Based on faction population? Yes, WODs gonna be the most awesome expansion ever! Propably gonna hit under 4 million sub mark.

TBC>woltk i am agree with u
    i want ask question is blizzard reading this forum

Quote Originally Posted by joppas View Post
    Vanilla < TBC < Wrath < Cata < Mop

Nostalgic, maybe cos i was young and used alot of time playing in early expansions.
    You do realize you're saying that MoP was the best and vanilla was worst?

let find an original ranking system, how many player did each wow era attract

Vanilla: from 0 to 5M, so delta = 5M
    TBC: from 5M to 11M, so delta = 6M
    WoLK: from 11M to 11M (with a peak at 12M), so delta = 0
    Cata: from 11M to 9M: So delta is -2M
    MoP so far is from 9 to 10M so a delta of 1M

So we have

TBC (6M) > Vanilla (5M) >>>>>> MoP (1M) > Wrath (0) > Cata (-2M)

Sounds about right, the playerbase have undeniably spoken with their subscription status.

EDIT i could be mixing TBC and vanilla number, but i'm quite sure about the rest.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2013-01-03 at 02:59 PM.

This is hard...

BC was awesome.
    = Wrath was better in my opinion, but it made me leave my warrior... So it is a tie.
    > Vanilla, loved it. Yeah i know... not an expansion.
    > Cataclysm was a disaster in many ways...

MoP - no clue, I stopped playing at the end of Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Slakkers; 2013-01-03 at 02:58 PM.

There have been four expansions, and their epicness stands thus:

1. TBC
    2. Cata/MoP tie
    3. Buffalo Wild Wings Blazzin' Wings diahrrea
    4. Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Slakkers View Post
    This is hard...

BC was awesome.
    = Wrath was better in my opinion, but it made me leave my warrior... So it is a tie.
    > Vanilla, loved it. Yeah i know... not an expansion.
    > Cataclysm was a disaster in many ways...

MoP - no clue, I stopped playing at the end of Cataclysm.
    This is similar to a lot of people I know and raided with except for one difference.

Cataclysm caused them to quit WOW with the thought of returning when things, in a sense, reset with the next expansion.

However, the next expansion, MOP caused them to not return at all.

MoP
    Wrath
    Cata
    TBC

TBC > Mop > Wotlk > Vanilla > Cataclysm (first tier was awesome in cata though)

MOP>WRATH>TBC>CATA>VANILLA

Boom we got it!
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

For me - TBC>WOTLK>MOP>CATA

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    We do not need this thread every single week. Please, try coming up with new discussions.
    This. I think it's funny how every time I login to MMO-C there is 1-2 threads like this on the front page. OP: BC was my favorite. WotLK was my least favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    let find an original ranking system, how many player did each wow era attract

Vanilla: from 0 to 5M, so delta = 5M
    TBC: from 5M to 11M, so delta = 6M
    WoLK: from 11M to 11M (with a peak at 12M), so delta = 0
    Cata: from 11M to 9M: So delta is -2M
    MoP so far is from 9 to 10M so a delta of 1M

So we have

TBC (6M) > Vanilla (5M) >>>>>> MoP (1M) > Wrath (0) > Cata (-2M)

Sounds about right, the playerbase have undeniably spoken with their subscription status.

EDIT i could be mixing TBC and vanilla number, but i'm quite sure about the rest.

citation needed

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    WOTLK was the highest number of subs wow ever had.
    I know. And yet all we heard on the forums during WotLK was how much the game sucked at the time.
    I really like christmas. It's sentimental, I know... But I just really like it.

cata was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I think you're a narcissist.

BCs raid and progression model was an objective failure
    It was only a failure if you couldn't complete the attunements. Attunements were a good thing. There were very few "Stuck on Hydross" threads pre-June 2007, because the people that would have been stuck were unable to attune, thus undeserving of being there. And no, I'm not some BC elitist, never cleared Hyjal or BT when they were current content, but I recognized that the people that were still stuck on attunements when they existed were stuck due to lack of skill, not because the system was a failure. In fact, Blizzard only regards it as a failure now because BC marked the beginning of the entitled generations insurgence into WoW. Suddenly we had all these kids saying "I pay $15/month with mommy's credit card, why should I have to put in effort to see content?" And thus, the WotLK/Cata cycle began.

OT: TBC best, Cata worst. MOP somewhere in the middle, probably about even with WotLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.