Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1. TBC
    Quests, dungeons, raids all tied together in a nice flow and created immersive character progression.

2. Vanilla
    Huge world, beautiful zones and music, exploration, amazement at every turn.

3. WotLK
    Beautiful zones, nice quests and 5-mans, heroics faceroll, Ulduar but Naxx recycled and ToC shitty, casualism took hold.

4. Cata
    Class homogenization, healer imbalance, more recycled content, no continent, zones were good but not great.

5. MOP
    Raiding overtaken by LFR, faceroll heroics, recycled heroics, mediocre zones, KungFu panda and pokemon, no lore just copy/paste Asian themes

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    1. TBC
    Quests, dungeons, raids all tied together in a nice flow and created immersive character progression.

2. Vanilla

3. WotLK
    Beautiful zones, nice quests and 5-mans, heroics faceroll, Ulduar but Naxx recycled and ToC shitty, casualism took hold.

4. Cata
    Class homogenization, healer imbalance, more recycled content, no continent, zones were good but not great.

5. MOP
    Raiding overtaken by LFR, faceroll heroics, recycled heroics, mediocre zones, KungFu panda and pokemon, no lore just copy/paste Asian themes
    That's BS and you know it.

Anyone stating that TBC and Vanilla WoW had better designed zones than MoP ... should get fixing glasses immediately.

Frankly the things you see on forums is unbelievable these days...

Copy/paste ... What a laugh. Actually MoP introduced player farming and their growth ... through seamless world phasing techniques and seamless cross server open world play. For these 2 things alone MoP is already a revolution in future MMO design.

But I know: that's beyond the comprehension of people who talk kungfu panda things...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-04 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's BS and you know it.

Anyone stating that TBC and Vanilla WoW had better designed zones than MoP ... should get fixing glasses immediately.

Frankly the things you see on forums is unbelievable these days...

Copy/paste ... What a laugh. Actually MoP introduced player farming and their growth ... through seamless world phasing techniques and seamless cross server open world play. For these 2 things alone MoP is already a revolution in future MMO design.

But I know: that's beyond the comprehension of people who talk kungfu panda things...
    Ooops! Someone has an opinion different from yours

yea... i call troll here, your reasons were all just nonsense and comes off like your just trying to pick a fight.

ps there was nothing "nice flow" of TBC it was just tons of hurdles and walls that many players kept getting stuck on and caused progression to be all bout guild hopping and repeating the same raids over and over for the entire expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no reason to be insulting or call someone a troll just because they hold a differing opinion, dudes.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    It was only a failure if you couldn't complete the attunements. Attunements were a good thing. There were very few "Stuck on Hydross" threads pre-June 2007, because the people that would have been stuck were unable to attune, thus undeserving of being there. And no, I'm not some BC elitist, never cleared Hyjal or BT when they were current content, but I recognized that the people that were still stuck on attunements when they existed were stuck due to lack of skill, not because the system was a failure. In fact, Blizzard only regards it as a failure now because BC marked the beginning of the entitled generations insurgence into WoW. Suddenly we had all these kids saying "I pay $15/month with mommy's credit card, why should I have to put in effort to see content?" And thus, the WotLK/Cata cycle began.

OT: TBC best, Cata worst. MOP somewhere in the middle, probably about even with WotLK.
    They were stuck because the good players kept leaving for better guilds. Yes, they weren't good enough... but they also had no chance of getting better since all they could actually keep was the people nobody else wanted. That's why the system failed.

People not wanting to put in effort has been in the game since before it was even released. BC had nothing to do with that. Ever heard of "Autoshot-afk"?

TBC>MOP>Wrath>Cata

Deleted
    "QQPanDAZ n QQPokemonZZ" is not an opinion. If you want to be taken seriously then express your opinions with something other than rehashed garbage we have heard a gazillion times from trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by hieronymus View Post
    Vanilla / Vanilla / Vanilla / Vanilla / MoP

Not that i am not enjoying the other but now days its like:

- Epic are the blue items from vanilla. When you got your first epic item in vanilla it was like: Well you know the feeling if you played it.
    - On vanilla people where more social and dedicated to play. Now days its like:
    1. Insert 24 random names has joined your raid group
    2. First boss, not a single word in chat.
    3. The tank dies. Random player starts to talk: "Kick tank", "l2p tank", "Nub", "Insert more random rant in here". Tank has left the raid group.
    4. In 10 man normal sometimes you need some random dps / tank / healer. You get your random player. First boss goes down in 1 go. Second boss goes down to 4%. Random pug: "This raid sucks i am leaving / fake dc'ing".

Vanilla was more social and satisfying for me. Killing a boss was really a challenge. And you always wondered. How does the room of boss 2 looks like? MoP is nice. But i just don't have that "epic vanilla feeling" any longer.
    the "epic vanilla feeling" have a name and its nostalgia and that nostalgia feeling makes vanilla memeries WAY more fun then it really was..

What is it with people bashing on people that like vanilla, seriously? It is getting really annoying.

I am sorry but a lot of us had more fun in Vanilla, despite the game not being us polished.Accept that. Why? Because Classic was designed to be more of a social experience than making gear progression the soul purpose of the game. Of cause blizzard soon realized that in order to keep people play they need to switch to a more streamlined progression model.

Yes the world was better in Classic for me. Why? Because it was not linear like it is today. I loved that I could do like 5-6 quests in one zone then jump to another zone and then explore a third zone.

And yes, It's not the rose tinted glasses, I've played on Vanilla private servers. The feeling is still there, the game had different philosophy in game design. I am not saying bring Classic server back, because the game moved on eventually so there is no point, but yeah We actually like the old school feeling of WoW. Accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    What is it with people bashing on people that like vanilla, seriously? It is getting really annoying.

I am sorry but a lot of us had more fun in Vanilla, despite the game not being us polished.Accept that. Why? Because Classic was designed to be more of a social experience than making gear progression the soul purpose of the game. Of cause blizzard soon realized that in order to keep people play they need to switch to a more streamlined progression model.

Yes the world was better in Classic for me. Why? Because it was not linear like it is today. I loved that I could do like 5-6 quests in one zone then jump to another zone and then explore a third zone.

And yes, It's not the rose tinted glasses, I've played on Vanilla private servers. The feeling is still there, the game had different philosophy in game design. I am not saying bring Classic server back, because the game moved on eventually so there is no point, but yeah We actually like the old school feeling of WoW. Accept that.
    yea im confused here, i mean questing chains has gotten linear but not enough that you cant skip, i skip most quests and zones constantly on my alts and zone hop just to avoid certain quests/spots i dont care for. ( examples are all of karason wilds 1/2 of jade forest and vofw all of dread wastes like 85% of kunlai summit, and thats just off mop, only zone in mop i do fully is townlong steepes)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there is a "worst" expansion. They all thrilled me in different ways.

I have to say that my favorite is The Burning Crusade, because I hadn't experienced anything like it, except maybe AQ opening.

It really felt to me like it was supposed to be- going to a completely new and different world. Blizzard really nailed it. It was so weird and different, and I love that. Even walking around felt different because of the way they made the terrain in some places, like it was slanted.

Each area felt unique and refreshing. Hellfire was just harsh as hell, and eventually we get a break in Nagrand, and then it's back to some other hell. The introduction of flying mounts. It changed everything.

TBC>Vanilla=Wotlk>>>>>>>>>>>cata>>>>MOP

Also there are people that will bash vanilla/tbc without ever played it and without having an idea for it...Many times I found on forums people that said they were raiding back in vanilla and after some discussion they said some things that they betrayed themeselves and actually they never played in vanilla...internet people is just internet people
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2013-01-04 at 09:07 AM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

1. WOTLK
    2. BC
    3. MoP
    4. Vanilla
    5. Cata

Deleted
    Like people who bash MoP without even trying it ?

At least MoP is for real a very good game.

Classic and TBC were good in their time and not even as much as wotlk or mop, thats all .

1. TBC

2. Vanilla

3. WotLK

4. Cata

5. MOP
    u mr need to find good guild to raid..so cut the crap

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    there is one single thing i don't appreciate in modern MMO setting, it's the not going to the world anymore.

I don't play mop, so forgive me if what i say is not relevant anymore, but from what i remember from wolk and cata, people mainly stay in dalaran/stormwind. I did like the good old time where, once the group is formed, you have to physically go to the entrance of the dungeon. I understand the inconvinience, but my feeling is, i would take the inconvenience of 10 minute travel over the complete loss of a "world" feeling of the game.

I lost the feeling that i was in giant world in wolk and cata. I spent most of my time in stormwind.

I'd say TBC>Early Cata>Wrath>Late Cata>MoP>Vanilla. It took me 8 months to ding 60 on my paladin and started raiding late Vanilla. I liked Vanilla ALOT however objectively it is the worst.

What can I say, I like my games difficult.

Also, lore-wise, I hate the new MoP art direction and lore. But that's my opinion.

MoP > Wrath > Cata > TBC > Vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    From best to worst:

MoP
    Cataclysm
    WotLK
    TBC
    Vanilla (I know, not an expansion, bear with me)

Basically the game keeps getting better as we move on. While prior expansions have had individual good and bad points, overall it's been an improvement with each expansion.
    As far as raiding, yes. But overall I think the devs fubbed Cata a bit. But I believe they did it because they also had to redo the 1-60 zones

MoP>Wotlk>BC>Cata>Vanilla.

A LOT of people who loved BC and Vanilla have rose-tinted glasses on. Yes, WOW was way better than it´s competition at that time, but WOW today is miles better. Do you really think people wouldn´t be in an uproar if Netherwing and Ogril-a type dailies were dailies now? Of, god forbid, you gained reputation from friendly to exalted for a faction ONLY by grinding one-type of mob in one zone ( pages for sithilis). Again, at the time they were great compared to the competition, but even the worst factions in MOP are better than any faction in Vanilla.