Deleted
    so lucky (
    ive been doing it so many times and I have not seen it drop yet

Quote Originally Posted by haxiwage View Post
    so lucky (
    ive been doing it so many times and I have not seen it drop yet
    Keep trying, friend
    I am yet to see a Ashes drop

Wow, nice! I went in there on my paladin for the shield, and the Azure drake dropped. Sadly, I already had it. -.- Been in there a total of three times, and seen Azure drake twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Solo Maly as a Rogue is quite painful becoz of energy starvation.
    It's actually very quick and easy as a rogue, specifically as assassination. Having DP + rupture / VW continue to tick after phase 1 transition, along with S.throw to get him as low as possible before phase 2 to really shortens the length of phase 3.

Phase 3 is the same rotation for everyone. 1 1 2 3 > repeat until he's dead. No need to stack points to 5 like previously stated in this thread. The points only increase the Dot duration, not damage. 2 is plenty of time to regain drake power and maintain the HoT.

Doing it weekly on 3 characters since 5.1 raid group requirement was removed = ~15 runs. Seen blue drake 3 times, no azure and no hailstorm.

If you browse the wow sub-reddits then you'd know that having them both drop at the same run happens all the time -.- lucky buggers.
    Last edited by autopsy; 2013-01-01 at 03:59 AM.

Lucky RNG! I might have to try EoE, I've wanted those drakes for some time.

Deleted
    3-3-3-3-3-1-2-1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-1-1-2-3-1-1-1-2-3-1-2-1-2-1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3 for surewin on p3 when solo.

Started farming this on a whim couple of weeks ago and had the blue drake drop...which is the one I already have. WTB azure drake.

Solo-able as an ele shaman ilvl 480+ for sure. I was at 480 when I gave it a go and had little to no trouble. Get a spark down, lust, pop CDs and beat the brakes off Maly. Can get him to 1 hp before the Nexus Lord/Scion phase starts.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2013-01-02 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Typo

I've seen 2 blue drakes, 2 Black Ices (which work nicely for my Wrathguard ), several Hailstorms, no azure drakes.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    I personally do 3 basic attacks-->finisher so that dot will last 14 secs, then it won't accidentally fall off even if i accidentally once do dot attack early and next rotation i do that too late...

Wondering what kind of drop rates those drakes have, wowhead doesn't have any numbers and so long in my around 5 tries on 10man i haven't got either of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my Azure drake yesterday on my 4th solo of the place!

1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3

Think I had 20 stacks on him before he died! At least I never have to go in there again! (Got Blue Drake from Maly at 85.)

Onyxia is my next target! 3 solos a week at the moment! Need to level more!

Found it really easy to solo on an Ele shaman. Key to make it faster is to get him as low as you can from 50% when he starts his RP bit. After that, ph2 is easy, and ph3 is just 1,1,2,3. Just make sure you aren't too far away from Malygos, as your dot can drop off due to the travel time of the projectile that refreshes it.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Maly is really easy to solo.
    The mounts have a crazy high drop rate. I got both of them before I got hailstorm for xmog. Saw them drop multiple times too I believe.
    R N G

nothing else. you can kill it 1 time both drop, you can kill it 50000 times never drops

rng is rng

Deleted
    Mind blown... :O

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Found it really easy to solo on an Ele shaman. Key to make it faster is to get him as low as you can from 50% when he starts his RP bit. After that, ph2 is easy, and ph3 is just 1,1,2,3. Just make sure you aren't too far away from Malygos, as your dot can drop off due to the travel time of the projectile that refreshes it.
    I've been doing it for a few weeks now without any issues and yesterday i died for the first time in ph3.
    He never did those clouds and just kept beaming me and i eventually died.

2nd attempt just the same but i killed him. Was weird, I always finished it on 100% hp and now he was just chain casting the beam all the time.

if i do it on 10man, he enters ph3 with 1hp

Yup had it aswell in Cataclysm while i was only after the Azure cause i got the blue from the Oculus bag

Deleted
    The Azure Drake dropped on my 6th run. I found him pretty easy to solo as a 445 geared (read : bad) assassination rogue, so really I'm not sure how anyone can have trouble with it. Just kill the sparks and stand in their buff, and I had plenty of time to screw up my rotation god knows how many times in phase 3. I'm terrible at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Solo Maly as a Rogue is quite painful becoz of energy starvation.
    Still doing a raid with a friend is not embarrassing. Please do not drop your FOTM garbage in my post.
    Thank you.
    I just wanted to say this is a cool dude from my realm and I agree.

I've also seen both mounts drop at the same time. Lost the azure then but won blue, now I got both.

For a second I thought you meant two azure drakes, but yeah I did know one of each can drop at once. Still though, that's pretty crazy odds.

Do you still need to be keyed?
    "How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us." - Thrall

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Do you still need to be keyed?
    No. Atleast I do not recall being keyed on my Shaman.

EDIT: Found this on Wowpedia "Until Patch 4.2.0 to begin the fight you needed to use the Key to the Focusing Iris or Heroic Key to the Focusing Iris, which dropped from Sapphiron in Naxxramas (on 10 and 25-player modes, respectively) once per kill. The Heroic Key started the fight in both the 10-man and 25-man versions."