Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Monks make fun but are fare away from blance. With changes next patch we'll be fine, maybe.
    We are strong in 1vs1 (who cares?) and we have a lot of utility, but we miss the point to get into teams or is your argument fireblossom to enter your favourite 3on3? Every team in every player level could be better with another kind of char. In fact there are no really high arena teams with monks. Our CC is the worthest in game our damage dosn't burst and we have nothing against cc. I really like to play my monk but i like to play arena and sorry monks are shit in arena. And i don't care about 2.2k in RBG

I don't have pvp weapons (infact only one weapon is heroic), I'm still wearing just under half contender's gear and I've yet to get my hands on a single purple piece of pvp gear....I'm holding my own in BGs just fine. Yesterday I solo queued for a good part of the day doing the CTA BG. I typically ranged from 3-6mil in damage depending on game length and whether I chose to stay on defense with little action. On 3 difference occurrences I managed to hold off 6 horde alone and kept them from capping the flag for 20-30secs??? I duno, but it was a long amount of time to stay alive solo against so many.

You could argue the gear of my opponents, but mine is nothing to brag about either. Fully buffed out the starting gates I'm at about 336k hp. I'm killing opponents bordering 400k hp with only 1 heroic weapon and 1 non heroic weapon.

One thing that I've been really wondering now is how hard RSK hits in PVP with a solid amount of PVP power. In PVE I can crit for more than 300k with RSK on a 10 stack TEB. Obviously resilience is going to lower that, but if we can crit in the 200k range on well geared players with a 10 stack TEB I would argue our burst isn't that bad for PVP, where burst is measured in a matter of a few GCDs rather than spread over 30-60 seconds. Is there anyone with decent PVP power that can speak to how hard RSK hits on average (with or without TEB)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    Hey guys, I'm actually having the opposite problem in bgs. I just dinged 90 2 days ago and I can't seem to stick to a target to save my life. As a long time warrior I'm to use to my gap closer having a stun and auto pathing to the target. Any tips?
    Speccing into tigers lust helps a lot. The speed boost that you lose from momentum isnt that much of a loss, since you already have two rolls and fsk, + tiger's lust breaks snares.

I don't see how some people can say our DPS is low in PvP. Sure we don't have high burst cooldowns but our sustained DPS, assuming you can stick to a target, is insane. It's really scary going against a Monk that can stick on you and keep his damage going. Thing is, that's countered since we are super vulnerable to CC, but that's the trade-off for us I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacritts View Post
    I don't see how some people can say our DPS is low in PvP. Sure we don't have high burst cooldowns but our sustained DPS, assuming you can stick to a target, is insane. It's really scary going against a Monk that can stick on you and keep his damage going. Thing is, that's countered since we are super vulnerable to CC, but that's the trade-off for us I guess.
    Why is it insane?
    Monk is not the top melee DPS. If other class can stick to the target they do more damage.
    And Monk have no tool against CC now, except the pvp trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Am I good at Monks? Are monks overpowered? Are other players just utter shit? I'm having no problem taking players out in battlegrounds?
    And that's all we needed to hear, thank you, please come again when you have a real pvp balance concern.

No ww monks aren't op, they're not terrible but kinda wonky in an arena setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    Why is it insane?
    Monk is not the top melee DPS. If other class can stick to the target they do more damage.
    And Monk have no tool against CC now, except the pvp trinket.
    Have you seen the sustained DPS a Monk has? We don't have any sort of burst (which is why you'd rather have Warr/Feral/Enh in your comp), but we do have really high sustained damage. Only reason other classes can do more damage if they stick to a target is because of their far superior burst setups, outside of burst windows a (good) Monk will do more damage.

battleground is awesome with monk.
    raids is also great. i love the fact that alot of classes pop all their CD's and their dps is about 120-140k while mine is only 90k burst.
    2 min later their dps has gone down to 80-70k and mine is still at 85k
    anyways they lack a little burst skills in arena. im doing arena myself with WW monk and i must say i have a hard time. on the plus, they have very good survivability against a burst so.
    who knows. i think monks are pretty balanced.

I PvP on my monk, but I do it as a Brewmaster. It's fun! I haven't hit max yet, but so far I've done good in every bracket up to 75. I tried WW and just couldn't even bring myself to want to continue. DS for it, tried it for four minutes, decided "screw that" and haven't swapped since.