Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it hard to find raid spot as rogue ?

Hello there,
    im just wondering, im looking for more than 1 month for guild for my rogue on 3 servers ( EU-BB/Drakthul/Sporeggar, want raid twice per week, at least 8/16 N ) and cant find anything, my guild disbaned raiding group and since then im quite desperate cant find even random group to join ( last 1,5 month i was once in MV). My question is how are rogues on different servers ? Im rly missing raiding and id like to join guild and finally see full HoF/ToES.
    Thx for reply

PS: not sure if i placed it right , feel free to move it if needed

Deleted
    As combat after next patch you will not be taken even for lfd.

As assa i suppose if you lick enough asses you could.

As sub.. no lol.

I know two rogues, one in our raiding guild(25M), and one is a personal friend in a like-progressed 10 man raiding guild. They do very good damage.

Bring the player, not the class.
    CompTIA A+ Computer technician, 7 years and counting...

Retired WoW Heroic Raider, currently playing DOTA 2 competitively.

Deleted
    In terms of normal level raiding, no. It's true that hybrids will generally be favoured over DPS classes, but it’s rare that a guild will not have room for a few pure classes too. It’s a lot easier to prove your value by out DPS’ing others, being more reliable and willing to help with other guild duties.

If you say your prayers, eat your vitamins, drink your milk, and pull good enough DPS... it shouldn't be that difficult at all, my little smurf.

Deleted
    Problem is not my dps , generally i OUTDPS rest of raid , but get the chance to raid even with random ( im 487ilvl, best gems enchant, have my own food (+300agi) flask everything so MV normal or HoF 3-4/6 should not be problem) but i rly dont get even chance to prove my quailities ...
    Last edited by mmoc25067970c6; 2012-12-31 at 02:58 PM.

Be good, show them previous logs of your attempts if you have them. If you don't you should try to do logging yourself. Show people you're knowledgeable and know what you're doing.

Gem/enchant everything, be prepared with your own food/flasks.

Rogues are fine, i'm raiding HM with a rogue who is 2-3rd on dps most the time. Just don't screw up easy mechanics and you're golden.

Rogues are strong in PVE for a few reasons. We can pull high dps both sustained and burst (and can cleave on fights that require it). We also take the least amount of damage using feint properly without significantly reducing our dps output. We are also useful during some fights due to our poisons, smoke bombs, interrupts, ect. This is both for 25 and 10 man where I have been able to prove rogues usefulness. I also soak about 70% of our sparks on H Will via CoS and Feint.

Rogues are suffering in a pvp environment but we are still highly valued as raiders.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not complete garbage, rogues do very good damage. They scale with gear.

Deleted
    you completly missunderstand the topic and my question. My problems are not DPS, or beahviour in guild, on preparation on raid and such. Actually i was reason why our guild was in top10 on our server. My dps is fine i play rogue since vanila and i know my class. My problems is on DT EU no one is looking for rogue ( raiding guild ) even fuc*ing random prefer some other class than rogue even im better geared( with best enchants, gem and such) , better experience etc etc. Also my reputation is also fine cuz i was only in 2 guilds ( in first i was GM and leaded main raiding group in DS era and second is irl friend guild which disbaned due pvp>pve for them). My question is how are rogues on other servers in way " Guild XY looking for active rogue bla bla bla " cuz on my server no one is looking after rogue lots of my friend rerolled monk and they have no problem find guild/ random raid for MV and HoF

PS: sry for bad tiping, tryin to do it asap on tablet ( horrible thing xD )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dajmon View Post
    you completly missunderstand the topic and my question. My problems are not DPS, or beahviour in guild, on preparation on raid and such. Actually i was reason why our guild was in top10 on our server. My dps is fine i play rogue since vanila and i know my class. My problems is on DT EU no one is looking for rogue ( raiding guild ) even fuc*ing random prefer some other class than rogue even im better geared( with best enchants, gem and such) , better experience etc etc. Also my reputation is also fine cuz i was only in 2 guilds ( in first i was GM and leaded main raiding group in DS era and second is irl friend guild which disbaned due pvp>pve for them). My question is how are rogues on other servers in way " Guild XY looking for active rogue bla bla bla " cuz on my server no one is looking after rogue lots of my friend rerolled monk and they have no problem find guild/ random raid for MV and HoF

PS: sry for bad tiping, tryin to do it asap on tablet ( horrible thing xD )
    I haven't once seen anyone actively avoiding rogues this tier. Heck, as someone who leads PuGs I prefer to have a rogue in there - almost no one can use that leather gear when it drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    I haven't once seen anyone actively avoiding rogues this tier. Heck, as someone who leads PuGs I prefer to have a rogue in there - almost no one can use that leather gear when it drops.
    finally someone, im thinking about moving my rogue on other server but sporregar is nearly dead and on burning blade no one is looking for rogue as well, im tryin to find guild for more then month i quess it will be maybe 2 months already, ive lost in time

Iquess im srsly unlucky due lack of chance to raid :-/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dajmon View Post
    finally someone, im thinking about moving my rogue on other server but sporregar is nearly dead and on burning blade no one is looking for rogue as well, im tryin to find guild for more then month i quess it will be maybe 2 months already, ive lost in time

Iquess im srsly unlucky due lack of chance to raid :-/
    Yeah, I mean you might just be getting bad luck finding a group to take you. Rogues do solid DPS, and they have a good toolkit for avoiding damage. There are a few fights where the interrupts are handy too. Good raid leaders will notice people that do their job well, beyond just doing damage.

Deleted
    Well, are you on us or eu servers?

Cause my guild is on the lookout for any good melee dps on Eu-Ragnaros.
    Last edited by mmocf64fc1dee4; 2012-12-31 at 09:51 PM.

Deleted
    Depends.
    - High-end min-maxing raiding groups who push heavily for progression will want to "bring the class". Seeing as one of our strengths will be gone, come 5.2, you're somewhat unlikely to be recruited in such a team. Rogues just don't bring anything to these type of groups.

- Semi-hardcore raid teams, who casually push for progress won't be min-maxing that much. You'll have decent chances of getting into these, seeing as your damage is still competitive, as long as you know what you're doing.

- Completely casual raid teams won't really care; you'll have the same chances of joining these as any other class.

Depending on what kinda team you're trying to get into, those are your chances, I'd say. As long as you're applying to a good deal of teams and you have a decent pool of guilds/teams to join, finding a new raid-team shouldn't be too hard for you.

Best trick to find a raiding guild is to start talking to people. Find out where your old guildies are and see if any of them have found a new raid.

Get some logs and go take a look at the recruitment forums, either on the WoW site or here on MMO champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    As combat after next patch you will not be taken even for lfd.

As assa i suppose if you lick enough asses you could.

As sub.. no lol.
    I raid in my guild as sub, I do near the same dmg as I do as mut. And Combat. Yeah. Way more.. Sub isn't as bad as you think no one plays it since they think its weaker.

Deleted
    I know bringing this up is going to be a bad idea but...here goes.

In a decent 10 man team in this tier, you most likely don't have much chance. Currently in tier 14 melee aren't exactly in a good spot and the few melee spots they have are often already filled. In terms of you being a Rogue, I would personally take a Death Knight or Warrior in favor of a Rogue merely for the utility and raid cooldowns. You doing great DPS by sticking on a boss 24/7 while the rest of the raid members are carrying your weight or worse isn't very helpful in a 10 man group.

In a 25 man group however you can spare some spots and bring a couple of melee. Not only will you have people sticking on a boss anyway, it's even your job to sit there and do great DPS. In good high-end 25 man guilds you usually also recruit extra people to swap in and out depending on what the fight(s) need. Rogues can fill some slots quite nicely.

This however is just my opinion and is mainly based around Cataclysm and tier 14. Who knows, tier 15 might be the tier where melee are preferred and ranged will have to sit out.

Regardless I wish you the best of luck. I've been in pretty much the exact same situation and it wasn't easy climbing back onto the mountain I fell off of. Only advice I can give you is looking around which servers host a decent supply of recruiting guilds on websites like wowprogress.com. From there on out you can look at what type of guilds in those servers you are interested in and then start applying.

EDIT:
    P.S.
    lolsubtlety

Make sure you are looking at multiple sites for recruiting posts.

We've been trying to recruit rogue for a few months - 9/16 heroic 25, so I dont understand why any decent rogue would have any difficulty finding a raid spot.