Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Laniakea Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    http://gamemodels3d.com/worldoftanks/ this 1 also works but ... well if you want too see more you need to pay (at least i think).
    I think you just have to register, but in doing so you may have to pay, so idk.

The other site should work well enough for general stuff.
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

Finally grabbed the VK36H.. I really can see how much I'm missing from the upgrades (apart from the gun I already had researched on my Stug3, everything's stock) yet I'm really enjoying this machine. For a medium it does seem to bounce off a bunch of shells.

For instance, this is how I looked after taking down a Stug and a KV-1 (took ZERO damage, though they damaged my commander's cupola and a track):

PS:

Those sites really helped. I've already set a couple different tanks on fire just by learning where the suspension's at.

PS2:

The reason for why I decided to post, but I totally forgot about it: What would you suggest in the order of upgrades for my VK? I was thinking going for the first engine, then tracks, then second engine, then turret and 8.8 gun. Is this fine or would you suggest something else?
    Last edited by Grimord; 2013-01-24 at 07:20 PM.

Well upgrades usualy go like this--- ) tracks --- ) engine (you need mobility) --- ) turret or gun usualy you need turret too use better gun.

Oh and btw tiger 1 stinks (yeah i had it), it has a very very huge module damage and gets set on fire many times. Tiger 2 not so much. (every1 knows that if you shut under lower front plate of the tiger they burn like a candle.

Also here is a bonus for laughs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTUdB...UKmSlrsrKE_jCd

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Well upgrades usualy go like this--- ) tracks --- ) engine (you need mobility) --- ) turret or gun usualy you need turret too use better gun.

Oh and btw tiger 1 stinks (yeah i had it), it has a very very huge module damage and gets set on fire many times. Tiger 2 not so much. (every1 knows that if you shut under lower front plate of the tiger they burn like a candle.

Also here is a bonus for laughs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTUdB...UKmSlrsrKE_jCd
    Agreed, the upgrades for the VK 3601H would definitely get the engine (before or after tracks, can't remember what the weight limit was), then turret, then gun. The L70 isn't that bad of a gun, and you'll be ok with it until you get the 88. Also, ignore the konisch, as it requires gold rounds to be used.

And that video was great, the part with the Tog had me cracking up.

And yeah, for its tier, the VK 3601H has some decent armour.
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

So I should just stick with L48 until I can grab the L70 (and then the 88)?

I had already researched the Konisch before I read your post .

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    So I should just stick with L48 until I can grab the L70 (and then the 88)?

I had already researched the Konisch before I read your post .
    yes, i went for guns 1st on my vk36 and i could not even use them because i was too slow ...
    engine>tracks(iirc you dont need tracks to get 1st engine and maybe even 2nd)>turret>guns

russian drivers pls help
    is7 vs is4 branch ^^?
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-25 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    yes, i went for guns 1st on my vk36 and i could not even use them because i was too slow ...
    engine>tracks(iirc you dont need tracks to get 1st engine and maybe even 2nd)>turret>guns
    Even considering I already have the Konisch (stat wise it seems a bit superior to the L48, albeit with a slower rate of fire, hence my question)?

Even considering I already have the Konisch (stat wise it seems a bit superior to the L48, albeit with a slower rate of fire, hence my question)?
    Konisch is a horrible gun unless you are willing to use gold shells
    compared to l48
    slower rate of fire
    lower dmg per shot
    slightly better accuracy
    higher aim time
    better pen which helps but dont matter that much as good positioning and aiming for weak spots (also if you get engine before l70/88 you can offset lower pen by flanking)
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-25 at 04:47 PM.

I see . Thanks! Almost got the first engine and already grabbed suspension. Can't help with your Russian question though, hopefully one of the vets will :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    russian drivers pls help
    is7 vs is4 branch ^^?
    Depends on your playstyle I guess.

Though, I can't comment on how the IS-7 and IS-4 play, as I've only finished grinding through the IS-3 and researched the IS-8 (But, not bought yet, getting ISU-152 first), and while I have KV-4 researched, still not bought yet.

From what I've noticed when playing against them in my E-50 M.

The IS-7 is a joke opponent 1v1 in my E-50 M, he can't pen me if I angle correctly, and I can pen him almost 100% of the time if I aim right. I'm also faster than him, and weight about the same so ramming isn't an option for him. (My gun also has, slightly higher pen with 270, 350, 60, while the IS-7 gun's pen is, 260, 303, 68)
    Just basing this on what I've noticed when fighting them 1v1, I will typically win in a E-50 M.

I haven't fought as many IS-4s as I have IS-7s, but the IS-4 seems to have slightly better armour (I have more trouble penning it) than the IS-7, but it's slower and less mobile than the IS-7 (Weighs a tad less than the IS-7 but, gets a joke for an engine, 750 hp, while the IS-7 has a 1,050 HP engine).

The IS-7 does seem to have slightly better alpha damage than an IS-4, but only by about 40 points if you look at it on paper.
    Those are just my observations, from what I've heard/read the IS-7 plays similar to a heavily armoured, mobile medium tank, and can be used as a brawler.
    The IS-4, from what I've heard/read is just an all-around good tank that isn't specialized for anything, like the IS-7 is.

Personally, I'm going for both tanks, but first am going to get the IS-7, then the IS-4 (I'm at IS-8 unlocked on the IS-7 line as compared to only having KV-4 unlocked on IS-4 line)

I have bouth is-7 and is-4.

Is-4 is more for a random games while is-7 is for clan wars. You pretty much stock it with gold ammo (because of higher alfa and speed of a tank).

IS-4 = True heavy
    IS-7 = Heavy-medium hybrid

Just got my ISU-152

I'm going to run with the stock 152, until I get the BL-10, seems to be a better way to practice for the BL-10 than using one of the 122s.

I have played the game, awesome.

Folks, can anyone explain what the deal is with the second VK36 turret?

The tank only has the stock turret and the one you can (and have to) research. Let's call'em stocky and searchy.

Stocky's (VK3601H-StT) turning speed is 42 deg/sec and searchy's (VK3601H-GroßTurm) only 26 deg/sec.

Both have 100/80/80 armor and 370m View Range.

Also, stocky weighs 3800 Kg whilst searchy weighs 4600 Kg. Why on earth is the searchy so much worse than stocky? Am I missing something again?
    Last edited by Grimord; 2013-01-26 at 07:27 AM.

The VK3601H's second turret gives you more health, the mantlet is more bouncy and, of course, allows you to mount the 88.

So I suppose it's only worth mounting the Großturm once I've researched the 88?

So I suppose it's only worth mounting the Großturm once I've researched the 88?
    Pretty much. Kind of annoying, isn't it?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Pretty much. Kind of annoying, isn't it?
    Yea, a bit :/. Still, fun to see them KV-1S folks raging because a medium solo'd them, so my love for the VK remains (really, the Tiger's suspension weakspot is bad, but how come people don't bitch about KV's? Just flank a little, hit the suspension in the mid section and they'll light up like a christmas tree).

Yea, a bit :/. Still, fun to see them KV-1S folks raging because a medium solo'd them, so my love for the VK remains (really, the Tiger's suspension weakspot is bad, but how come people don't bitch about KV's? Just flank a little, hit the suspension in the mid section and they'll light up like a christmas tree).
    Derping on the Hetzer was always a great way to incite rage. Just roll right the fuck up to anyone equal tier and watch them bounce off your front while you hit them for 300 and kill half their crew with each shot.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

because russians tanks are running diesel so fire chance is lower (15%) compared to german tanks
    and well its KV fault to expose side while you cant do shit about front transmission in tiger

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 01:29 PM ----------

@Hastings95&Descense
    Thanks!
    but
    could you tell me a bit more about each branch as a whole please ^^? (starting at t7)
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-26 at 12:36 PM.