Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Good for pvp.
    For example fighting normal monsters will turn into never-ending backpedal kiting, completely removing the necessity of cc.
    Whaa? No good PvE player kites with backpedal unless they are tanking and absolutely cant risk a hit from backside..

Oh and moving as arcane atm is more like 50-75%(not actual fact, but its around there) nerf on dps while moving, you just wont be able to do much dps while moving and even less if they nerf scorch like they are planning to

Quote Originally Posted by zeNNoN View Post
    What do you think of it, should it be there? Maybe it's wrong to compare it to guild wars 2, but I like the system where you can cast everything on the move, and as I can see, it's not causing any balance issues. It's much more fluid, fun and playable. Is there a reason that devs want people to hammer themselves to one place or is it maybe the wrong way where they are headed?
    Well the whole game is about movement or sticking on a target.

With those changes, the game gets easier. If they wanted to implement it in 5.2, they would have to nerf most ranged dps by 10-15%. Alternatively, make melees hit for 40 yards... which would result in no distinction anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post

Overall, I think that this change can be good for pvp. It will make casters life harder(after all nerfs and spell changes), thus increasing the overall enjoyability of playing the caster class.
    I don't think many people would agree that that would increase enjoyability per se. Warlocks pre-MOP experienced pretty much all of that, without the mobility of course. They were not an enjoyable class. The way they implemented movement with KJC was pretty good. It comes with a slight cost tagged onto it. Scorch is not a very hard-hitting spell. Provided they don't intend for it to become rotational, I don't see the issue with baselining it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Rune of power, invocation, sniper training. Three things I could think of off the top of my head, though since the last time I touched survival was in Wrath for about 20 seconds to just play with explosive shot, I don't know if sniper training is still in the game.
    One, Rune of Power is very risky to use in PVP. Invocation is a bit better. Two, there's plenty of specs outside of mage specs that mostly used to stand and cast but have been given mobility to both cope with PVP melee mobility and to deal with the amount of raid fights that require it. So no, the game isn't really designed for standing and casting, it's mostly taking a hybridised approach at present. In raids you can get away with it more because you can include mechanics that favour standing and casting and limited movement. In PVP you cannot, and until they completely dislodge PVP as a design concern (which they won't), they will continue to adopt the hybridised approach. Unless of course they significantly tone down melee mobility, and/or interrupts, and/or increase passive survivability.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Well the whole game is about movement or sticking on a target.

With those changes, the game gets easier. If they wanted to implement it in 5.2, they would have to nerf most ranged dps by 10-15%. Alternatively, make melees hit for 40 yards... which would result in no distinction anymore.
    This is true. I didn't like GW2 very much for pretty much eliminating the distinction.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2013-01-02 at 12:39 PM.

There are already a very limited number of factors by which they can limit players in PvE encounters, removing the cost and consideration of movement entirely would only hurt encounter design.

I hated that about GW2. wheres the skill when you can just cast and run around?

Mages are very mobile. If you can't see it... then go play GW2.
    3DS FC: 5172 - 0403 - 7277
    Pokemon Y Safari Steel Type (Feroseed, Forretess, Brozong)
    Bravely Default
    White Mage|XIV Stream