Thread: Need help

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Need help

I have question if i purchase an unlock in the cartel market like Authorization: Crew Member Appearance for my account will it be valid for the characters i will make after the purchase?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by okamihatake View Post
    I have question if i purchase an unlock in the cartel market like Authorization: Crew Member Appearance for my account will it be valid for the characters i will make after the purchase?
    As of right now, account wide unlocks are having massive problems. I would not spend any money or credits on unlocks for this game at this time. It has been a nightmare for people who have problems, since they have no way of getting assistance from Bioware.

DO NOT purchase any unlocks at this time.

Once they announce they have fixed the issue, then look into it. Also, there is some worry that when the character cap is increased to 6 that the account wide unlocks will not apply to those new characters. I would seriously just wait on everything until things can be fixed and clarification can be made.

I'd need to go searching for it but I think there was a quote in the Dev tracker somewhere where they said they plan on doing a patch in early Jan to fix these issues. Until then I say sadly to try and make due the best you can without the unlock.

No, the unlocks only apply to existing characters on the account.

Why Bioware charges more than double for the price of some unlocks as compared to a single toon unlock is mind boggling. Just shows how dumb their management team is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I'd need to go searching for it but I think there was a quote in the Dev tracker somewhere where they said they plan on doing a patch in early Jan to fix these issues. Until then I say sadly to try and make due the best you can without the unlock.
    So has it been fixed?

So has it been fixed?
    Depends how do you feel about gambling? I've not seen reports of account wide crew appearance authorization not working on the official cs forums, but it may be that it's not an unlock people are feeling compelled to buy.

If you do want to try it out and want to buy it off the GTN, make sure you avoid the ones that are greyed out and have a "1" on the bottom right corner of their item icon. Those are hit with a bug that render the unlock completely unusable as an item (separate bug from account wide unlock not working at all.) I'd screenshot your GTN receipt as well.

If you've already got one on hand or buying it off the CM, I'd suggest you add timestamps to your chat. Take screenshots of the item and as you apply it. If it doesn't take, be prepared to go a couple rounds sending email to customer service.

Hope it works and good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by efsunshine View Post
    Depends how do you feel about gambling? I've not seen reports of account wide crew appearance authorization not working on the official cs forums, but it may be that it's not an unlock people are feeling compelled to buy.

If you do want to try it out and want to buy it off the GTN, make sure you avoid the ones that are greyed out and have a "1" on the bottom right corner of their item icon. Those are hit with a bug that render the unlock completely unusable as an item (separate bug from account wide unlock not working at all.) I'd screenshot your GTN receipt as well.

If you've already got one on hand or buying it off the CM, I'd suggest you add timestamps to your chat. Take screenshots of the item and as you apply it. If it doesn't take, be prepared to go a couple rounds sending email to customer service.

Hope it works and good luck!
    Man oh man everything seems so labor intensive to "protect" yourself or purchases at user level from some bugged / glitched items in the game. I wouldn't have the patience for this and to be told by CS that you posted in another thread "you seem to be having a lot of bad luck" is just facepalm worthy. I'm just amazed at the commitment from some players to defend this game I guess there is some serious love for this game to hang on to this attachment. /baffled

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Man oh man everything seems so labor intensive to "protect" yourself or purchases at user level from some bugged / glitched items in the game. I wouldn't have the patience for this and to be told by CS that you posted in another thread "you seem to be having a lot of bad luck" is just facepalm worthy. I'm just amazed at the commitment from some players to defend this game I guess there is some serious love for this game to hang on to this attachment. /baffled
    I guess it's down to how much fun you have playing it. For some the fun outweighs the issues. Take Skyrim for example. Possibly the most buggy game out of the 500 plus I've played. Yet I spent a bloody good 200 hours there and have no regrets. Sure, the bugs sometimes annoyed me but again, the fun factor was very high also.

Some will be put off by the bugs and terrible CS, some will see past it as they enjoy the experience. What baffles me is when people complain so much that I can't see how they can possibly be having enough fun to stick around. Those people worry me indeed. I'm talking about chronic complaining about every issue and yet they stick around month after month. I'd hope they are at least having fun playing the game but I sometimes wonder.

Different strokes and all that.

P.S. "you seem to be having a lot of bad luck" is one of the best/worst CS replies I've read. Probably toungue in cheek but still what courage on the CSR's part to reply like that.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-01-12 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I guess it's down to how much fun you have playing it. For some the fun outweighs the issues. Take Skyrim for example. Possibly the most buggy game out of the 500 plus I've played. Yet I spent a bloody good 200 hours there and have no regrets. Sure, the bugs sometimes annoyed me but again, the fun factor was very high also.
    Yeah true that I shouldn't give buy once games a get out of free jail card I tend to be bit more harsh on ones that charge a sub or you pay additional money for. I'm very hesitiant on b2p and f2p models in general still. Once they have your money you either like it or GTFO. With a sub base game I have some power to voice my objections with my wallet. (I cancel my sub and move on) It tends to be better formula in my case for the consumer not the developer. Services not working as intended is big peeve to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Yeah true that I shouldn't give buy once games a get out of free jail card I tend to be bit more harsh on ones that charge a sub or you pay additional money for. I'm very hesitiant on b2p and f2p models in general still. Once they have your money you either like it or GTFO. With a sub base game I have some power to voice my objections with my wallet. (I cancel my sub and move on) It tends to be better formula in my case for the consumer not the developer. Services not working as intended is big peeve to me.
    Luckily I haven't come up with any real bugs in TOR. I haven't met any of the severe Class story bugs that many had last year. I think my game has crashed once in 400 days. My FPS is decent at all times and drops ever so slightly in WZ's. A few bugs in EV which lasted a long time but every other Op has been moreorless bug free for my guild and I. I see a few graphical ones that others see but nothing more serious than that so far. If bugs started to influence my actual gameplay then I too would consider quitting. So far so good for me at least. Mmm might not be a good idea for me to tempt fate so.

I've been testing this, yes, they do carry over into new characters you make. I bought account wide crew skills and display titles and those carried into a new toon I made.

So has it been fixed?
    As far as I know it has not been fixed. They haven't listed it as being fixed in the latest patch notes, but I also haven't seen any new reports from people saying they are having issues with account wide unlocks working properly. Which could mean it was an undocumented fix, or people have stopped trying to use them for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    As far as I know it has not been fixed. They haven't listed it as being fixed in the latest patch notes, but I also haven't seen any new reports from people saying they are having issues with account wide unlocks working properly. Which could mean it was an undocumented fix, or people have stopped trying to use them for now.
    I know there is the bug with inventory and cargo bays: where the extra slots disappear along with any items. I'll post a follow up in the next week or 2 after a patch and let everyone here know how the Account Inventory Unlock is working. I'm keeping items of value out of the extra slots until then!

Crew Skill account wide unlock - no issues yet. Carrying over to new toons also.

Display Titles account wide - no issues with my second purchase. My first time I used the account wide, the toon I used it on had the single toon unlock, I think that caused an issue. Mailed to a 50 that didn't have it, unlocked it. Seems to be working correctly. New toon was able to use titles.

Event equipment account unlock - bought and used it, can't really test it as I have no event gear. (I got it for 50k credits!).

Sith Race character Legacy Unlock - I didn't have any Sith 50's, but bought and used it. Was able to make my new toon a Sith as a preferred. (got it for 100k, woot!)

I'll try to post more updates with different unlocks. I am making some pretty sick credits in game and its fun being forced to shop! rofl.

Oh yes, I wasn't meaning to imply it was a problem that was affecting everyone. It seemed sort of random from my limited view of things, which is why it is totally possible that the fix would be undocumented.

I've had zero problems with account wide unlocks. So far I've purchased 5 inventory unlocks & 2 cargo hold unlocks. Even my new toons have all 80 inventory slots & 240 cargo slots available. While I agree there is an issue, I doubt it is as "MASSIVE" as some people would want you to believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    I doubt it is as "MASSIVE" as some people would want you to believe.
    Of course it isn't, I agree. However those affected, be they few or many, got hit hard. It was a nasty bug to have imo and the lack of promt CS being reported only made things seem more apocalyptic. All the fear mongering could have been negated with decent communication by BW imo.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-01-14 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    While I agree there is an issue, I doubt it is as "MASSIVE" as some people would want you to believe.
    Well, TBH, you wouldn't hear any issues from F2P and Preferred as they cannot post on the SWTOR forums. Also, since you cannot report the issue or get it fixed, it is a huge issue as being you spend a big chunk of your credits on the unlocks.

Like Arlee said, it seems to be a totally random occurence too.

Thank goodness I only lost 60k credits on my account title unlock (the first one).

All the fear mongering could have been negated with decent communication by BW imo.
    The really sad part is that is true is sooo many cases not just this one.

Of course it isn't, I agree. However those affected, be they few or many, got hit hard. It was a nasty bug to have imo and the lack of promt CS being reported only made things seem more apocalyptic. All the fear mongering could have been negated with decent communication by BW imo.
    They should have reacted in a similar way they did to the pvp spawnkill bug. It was dealth with in 1 day after it occured and they should work on resolving every single case where someone bought something and didn't get it (though spend the coins).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All the fear mongering could have been negated with decent communication by BW imo.
    This is why people are angry. Warning them about buying the unlocks and using the unlocks is relegated to 'fear mongering'.

How fucking ridiculous.