[resto] Jade spirit - is it worth it?

Just how good is this enchant for healers? I know windsong is not that good of an enchant, but jade spirit is expensive like you don't know what.

It got around 30% up time +- 5% so you get like 400 int passive from it, so yeah its a good enchant. The spirit u get at low mana aint that much but it's still helpful. So yes jade spirit is worth getting if u got a decent weapon.

I don't know if there is any difference, but as a boomkin, I have around 47% uptime on fights where I always have a target. Around 40% if I have to move.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not whether it's good... it's whether it's work 5000 gold or more which is what the enchant goes for on my server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It's not whether it's good... it's whether it's work 5000 gold or more which is what the enchant goes for on my server.
    For those of us who play at a decent level gold isn't an object.

Please don't troll for insults. Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-01-04 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    For those of us who play at a decent level gold isn't an object.
    Ah, the arrogance. You play at a 'decent level' and if gold is an issue the rest of us are just scrubs, right?

Fuck off.

Don't flame. Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-01-04 at 04:41 PM.

Gentlemen, please! Some of us are not hardcore pvp-ers that seek to min-max everything, even if we fail to see the difference most of the time. 5k gold for an enchant is a lot, and that's why I'm trying to find out whether it's worth enchanting it or not. As a resto druid, I personally have a hard time noticing the improvements intellect brings, mainly because our spells scale poorly compared to other classes. Yes, intellect does bring its share of improvement, but it's only visible on recount and other healing meters.

simply put if its lfr weapon stick windsong on it anything above aka normal or heroic weapon obviously jade spirit

if you lack money do some farming via herbalism/mining

if you only have production profession do some daily then try to sell stuff you make
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    Gentlemen, please! Some of us are not hardcore pvp-ers that seek to min-max everything, even if we fail to see the difference most of the time. 5k gold for an enchant is a lot, and that's why I'm trying to find out whether it's worth enchanting it or not. As a resto druid, I personally have a hard time noticing the improvements intellect brings, mainly because our spells scale poorly compared to other classes. Yes, intellect does bring its share of improvement, but it's only visible on recount and other healing meters.
    Your original question should focus on the relation performance/cost then.
    Jade spirit is supposed to be better than windsong, which is why materials for it are rarer/more expensive.
    Therefore to answer this question you need to consider how much gold you got, and then how "final" your current weapon is.
    For the Final weapon it s not too expensive, it just is what it is.

Somehow, maybe in less "arrogant" way, I agree with the statement that price for "the best enchant" does not matter that much,
    if you want to be a "properly enchanted raider".

Another way to go is leveling enchanting, on main or alt char and getting your mats while you re enjoying dungs :P,
    which will make enchant cheaper , and/or remember to get your rep to revered with shadopan for the pattern.

If 5 k gold seems to be too expensive, then I would say you dont really need/want it.
    Windsong will do just fine, since your skills count WAY MORE.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is, of course, extremely subjective. My question to you would be; What are your WoW activities? LFR, Normal Raids, 5-Mans, Rated BGs, etc.?

Depending on the level you intend to perform, this enchant can easily become worth it.

For me, I have several healers that I "care" more about, and get the best attention from gearing/enchants. (My pally, monk, priest) And others that get the cheapo stuff (Druid, Shaman). This is based upon what I intend to do with those toons and how well I wish to perform. I'll LFR all day with windsong, but won't touch even a normal raid without the "best" I can acquire. But that's one perspective.

Again, all relative and subjective.

Jade song is stronger than windsong, and is thus always worth it. If you're considering skipping out on it because you feel it's too expensive, you're not playing in an enviroment where it's going to matter, though - if you're a high end raider or PvP'er, there's no question about "is that enchant/gem too expensive", you just get it. The only fight so far this tier where enchants made a difference for my guild, was our 5M wipes on Garajal, the very first reset - we got the enchants night before tuesday, enchanted the entire raid with them, and proceeded to kill with the extra boost they gave us.
    Mind, windsong is far more useless for resto than alot of other specs, as haste literally does nothing for a resto druid outside of breakpoints, meaning a third of the windsong procs you DO get, will be wasted. Along with that, any mastery procs will not affect your CURRENT hots out, which means that things like lifebloom would have to be refreshed, if the only targets who has taken dmg has a 8 sec rejuv on them, you'd have to refresh to take any advantage, etc - same goes for crit (about 80% sure of this - I know that lifebloom will keep ticking on tsulong, looong after the breath buff has faded, with +50K ticks - I assume same mechanic goes for mastery buffs).
    All in all, Resto druids are probably the healer that takes least advantage of Windsong :7.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Ah, the arrogance. You play at a 'decent level' and if gold is an issue the rest of us are just scrubs, right?

Fuck off.
    Well, yeah, gold just isn't terribly hard to come by. If you're concerned with performance, you'll spend the gold. If you're not all that concerned (I'm not), stick with Windsong. It's really pretty straightforward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, yeah, gold just isn't terribly hard to come by. If you're concerned with performance, you'll spend the gold. If you're not all that concerned (I'm not), stick with Windsong. It's really pretty straightforward.
    Not to mention alot of raiding guilds, even casual guilds, should have a large stock of sha crystals from unwanted drops.
    For instance, i got my 496 dagger enchanted for free a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Mind, windsong is far more useless for resto than alot of other specs, as haste literally does nothing for a resto druid outside of breakpoints, meaning a third of the windsong procs you DO get, will be wasted.
    Just as a point of clarification: the bolded isn't true, depending on circumstances. However, the argument itself (that windsong is weak for resto) is true.

Considering the fact that a lot of druid potential is wasted because of snipe heals and the aoe burst-potential of other healers, any hot ticks that occur before a target is topped off is "effective." (In truth, it's not "effective" because if the target's already going to be topped off, then 1 extra tick doesn't make a difference at all in their survivability.) But from a pure throughput-perspective, if our heals tick faster, their potential throughput increases as well. So although the total healing (including overheal) of any druid hot doesn't increase with extra haste, the actual healing done can.

Of course, I've gone way off topic… (DON'T INFRACT ME *hides*)
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2013-01-04 at 06:33 PM.