Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    unless he signed some sort of approved consent form the sperm donation agency they are are still legally his,

    im prity sure you need to so something like that to legally donate
    If you read the thing, it says he gave up all rights and responsibilities to the children, financial and otherwise.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  2. #22
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    If you read the thing, it says he gave up all rights and responsibilities to the children, financial and otherwise.
    hmm seems i missed that part and if that is the case it'll be the work of some idiot thta didnt do their job right

    yep seems i did miss that bit when i read it the 1st time
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-12-31 at 09:41 PM.

  3. #23
    I'm not sure how this is even a question. Simple common sense solves this one.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    hmm seems i missed that part and if that is the case it'll be the work of some idiot thta didnt do their job right
    It's more like the state attempting to go after somebody to 'get their money'. I believe I read a case where the state was going after a rape victim in order to get money because the state had had to pay for the child.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  5. #25
    Herald of the Titans Tuvok's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    West Sussex, England.
    Posts
    2,709
    Use common sense and stop being bureaucratic fuckwits, for fuck's sake. Examine the facts, if it is blindingly obious he is a donor, exempt him from child support - simple as that. It is not hard to solve, people just need to stop being dumbasses.
    "The truth, my goal."

  6. #26
    I didn't bother to read it after noticing "foxnews.com"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    It's more like the state attempting to go after somebody to 'get their money'. I believe I read a case where the state was going after a rape victim in order to get money because the state had had to pay for the child.

    tbh the state dose stupid things same with the uk

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    I didn't bother to read it after noticing "foxnews.com"
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...-child-support

    I dislike Fox news too, but man, you could at least try reading it to see if they're spinning it really hard. It's not like they spin everything, they just spin the things that they need to in order to appeal to their target audience. If a case already fits this, they don't need to do anything.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    I was going to complain about how terrible of an OP that was, but I got enough laughs out of the story...after clicking the link to see wtf I was even looking at.

    "...after responding to the women’s Craigslist ad for a donor..."

    Ya, that is always the best idea. Maybe don't give your sperm out willy nilly to strangers that you meet on Craigslist. And wtf were these people up to looking for another kid if they have 8!?

    Why do people want more kids if they can't afford to take care of themselves!!??!!??!!??

  10. #30
    Warchief tommypilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    If you read the thing, it says he gave up all rights and responsibilities to the children, financial and otherwise.
    That's not for him to decide. You can't just decide that a certain law doesn't apply to you anymore. Legally the kids are his responsibility.

    It's a shitty situation, but those are the facts. Perhaps they can come to some sort of arrangement where the couple give him the money every month and it comes out of his bank account, though that might be far more contact than the three of them wanted. That said, they got themselves into this situation by using a sperm donor from Craigslist. The likelihood of problems was fairly high when they decided to go ahead with what they did.
    Did you like the above post? How about sending me a dollar? I'd have adverts here but apparently that'd break ToS.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    That's not for him to decide. You can't just decide that a certain law doesn't apply to you anymore. Legally the kids are his responsibility.

    It's a shitty situation, but those are the facts. Perhaps they can come to some sort of arrangement where the couple give him the money every month and it comes out of his bank account, though that might be far more contact than the three of them wanted. That said, they got themselves into this situation by using a sperm donor from Craigslist. The likelihood of problems was fairly high when they decided to go ahead with what they did.
    Bullshit. He did not have sex with anybody, he donated his genetic material for other people with which to have their own children. They are NOT his children. If we're base decisions on genetics only then why isn't debt inherited from your brothers or sons if they cannot pay? Because that's bullshit, that's why.

    Also, the state is doing this so it can recover its money from having to pay for the women. They need the money, but the state is seeking it from him because it doesn't want to pay.
    Last edited by Bergtau; 2012-12-31 at 10:21 PM.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  12. #32
    High Overlord Xindi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    sorry ur wrong

    his sperm so there his biological kids so i can see how legally he may have to pay child support
    This sort of attitude could be seriously damaging to any couple or even single woman who needs to seek a sperm donor for the purposes of conception. I imagine very few men will want to consent to having no legal rights as a father to the child, but still having financial responsibility for it.

    A sperm donor is giving a woman who, for whatever reason is unable to concieve, a gift; you shouldn't slap them in the face for doing that.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    I didn't bother to read it after noticing "foxnews.com"
    People like you are annoying as hell, fox is usually the top of google search and doesnt have 14 different scripts. Foxnews has 2 scripts, both trusted. Get noscript if that flew over your head.

    Stuff like this is why were bankrupt as a nation, how much do you think this is costing taxpayers?

  14. #34
    The Patient Neonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gardena CA
    Posts
    213
    No no no no no

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    That's not for him to decide. You can't just decide that a certain law doesn't apply to you anymore. Legally the kids are his responsibility.

    It's a shitty situation, but those are the facts. Perhaps they can come to some sort of arrangement where the couple give him the money every month and it comes out of his bank account, though that might be far more contact than the three of them wanted. That said, they got themselves into this situation by using a sperm donor from Craigslist. The likelihood of problems was fairly high when they decided to go ahead with what they did.
    Actually if anything when he donated he should have had to sign some sort of waiver or contract saying there will be no recourse to him or he will not be able to ever sue for custody when he wanted to. This case is just another false claim made by idiotic politicians. If anything he could sue for his legal fees and such back from the state because I don't see how this is legal.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 11:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    People like you are annoying as hell, fox is usually the top of google search and doesnt have 14 different scripts. Foxnews has 2 scripts, both trusted. Get noscript if that flew over your head.

    Stuff like this is why were bankrupt as a nation, how much do you think this is costing taxpayers?
    No its not because the scripts you claim. Its because Foxnews just like their tv channel is usually wrong or wayyyyyy off from what happened. Or be it their predictions are wayyyy off, *cough* election predictions *cough*. If I was to search for this article right now google doesn't even come up with a foxnews link for me on the first page so there again another lie from you. Just like all of your other posts. Especially considering the FoxNews article left out a key part of the story.

    "Even though the couple has a signed agreement with Marotta, the state is arguing the validity of the agreement because a doctor did not handle the artificial insemination as required by state law. Hannah Schroller, Marotta’s attorney is attempting to have the case dismissed. Arguments will be heard in state court next month."
    http://www.examiner.com/article/sper...-child-support
    Maybe Chadwix needs to look at more articles than just the FoxNews article. It brings in information Fox usually leaves out.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    "Even though the couple has a signed agreement with Marotta, the state is arguing the validity of the agreement because a doctor did not handle the artificial insemination as required by state law. Hannah Schroller, Marotta’s attorney is attempting to have the case dismissed. Arguments will be heard in state court next month."
    http://www.examiner.com/article/sper...-child-support
    Maybe Chadwix needs to look at more articles than just the FoxNews article. It brings in information Fox usually leaves out.
    Why does your link have facebook.com, fbcdn.net (facebook), chiktika.net (lol?)? Why do i need to hit someone's facebook page to read a news article?

    Thanks for bringing more information to the story.

    You gotta admit, the people who go nuts over foxnews are fun to laugh at, have you ever seen someone get worked up over a url or television station?

  17. #37
    Bloodsail Admiral foil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,169
    Id demand access to kid then. Not going to let investment be mentally ruined by a pair of dykes.

    Infracted - Post respectfully
    Last edited by Dacien; 2013-01-01 at 12:47 AM.

  18. #38
    just threw up a little bit after reading first 2 paragraphs. What the hell is going on guys?

  19. #39
    I'm sure if you donate to a sperm bank, you get a waiver from child support.
    And if you donated ... and didn't get that waiver ... I find it pretty hilarious.
    Hopefully this amounts to nothing more than a scare that you should know what you're doing, there should be a law about have common-sense expectation (such as if donors to sperm bank, don't get child support, neither do these types of donors).

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    It is technically his kid and needs support. How is this any different than a man who wants his woman to get an abortion, she has the kid and he is on the hook for support?
    So if I donate a kidney I should pay for any additional medical costs the receiver obtains in the event the kidney fails down the road? After the kidney/sperm is donated it would technically no longer belong to the donor and as such I should not be penalized for any event that takes place after the time of the donation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •