Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Mine is done, but I took advantage of the fact that nobody wants to fly on NYE to get a very cheap evening flight across the country. Made it home after a month away not much before midnight and I was pretty happy to sit in my house and just have a quiet drink some thai takeout. My new year's aren't very exciting generally, I mostly prefer something small, lots of trashed people are just exhausting to me tbh.

i prefer a quiet new years with movies & contemplation anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aint no obligation to do anything New Years. I've rung it in at parties, at my computer alone, with a glass of whiskey playing magicka, in a taco bell parking lot, whatever! Don't fret about whether you're doing it right or not, ya dig?

Deleted
    I was surrounded with drunk 20-year old women with me being the only male company. And I didn't do jackshit because I was just too uncomfortable. Ended up at a bud's where we talked about Indian culture for 1 and a half hour. Better luck next year I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i prefer a quiet new years with movies & contemplation anyways.
    I agree. Too often people go out and get loud drunk and next thing you know they are annoying. I much rather spend a night in my comfortable place. Then outside in a crowd with tons of people who are drinking way too much. Its just the new year. We have one every year. Not much different from old to the new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't really feel like going out this New Years so I'm on LoL.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

well i spent the evening with family it was boring but it was nice to see everyone, now i'm back home sitting here with a quarter bottle of tequila a lime and some salt and i'm gunna finish this bastard then collapse in a heap on my bed.

happy new year guys hope you have a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun33 View Post
    Mine should be good, beer and babies...er wait.

Last New Year's was pretty good. It is also why we now have a 3 month old.
    The condom broke?

Same boat as the OP, don't really care tough, at least i wouldn't if my roomate wasn't doing some facebook karaoke (wat) when she sings like a cat that is getting his parts ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Some people overseas have to work in sweat shop factory's under harsh conditions. Compared to some people (i.e. being alone new years) you do not have it so bad
    Stop this shit

Give the woman/man some credit. I'm sorry the OP was born in a country where he/she has a warm house,food and water and does not have to work in a sweat shop of New Years but tough shit for the unfortunate people that do.

It's like the people that say "You can't decide what to eat? Think of the children in uganda eating dirt for dinner" It's like either you go to Uganda and give them food packets or shut your fat face
    Last edited by Elysara; 2013-01-01 at 03:00 AM.

I kinda prefer a boring new years. I can drink or celebrate w/e any night. With my...uhh..."criminal" history I don't really need to be driving around on a night like this and I don't feel like spending the night at someones house.

Don't worry, most years I spend it at home drinking a bit, playing some video games or watching movies Last year was scotch and Enter the Dragon lol. This year though me and some buddies went out for all you can eat pizza and wings :P Now I'm home watching psych and drinking some hard cider for the night

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    So what? Many people do that. It's nothing to be ashamed of. So the party didn't go as planned this year, do one for next. Not such a big deal. People won't suddenly love you for a party, they'll love you for what you do in an entire year.
    True! Good perspective.

On topic: I enjoyed my night. Went to a party at my brother's house and saw the old crew again. I had been estranged from my brother for a bit, so being with him + ladies + games = pretty good time. The countdown doesn't elicit the same response as it used to, but the night overall was worth my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I was drunk like shit. I drank like 8 beers and 5 Jagerbombs. Puked in the club, they throw me out, couldn't enter later so I went into another club and drank few beers there. Someone bitte, I really don't know who, I maybe fucked someone, I was that drunk.

Deleted
    I dunno why but this year Christmas and New Years has been so underwhelming. Fewer people actually go out now due to the economy and the amount of pubs / clubs that have closed down over the year, felt like a ghost town compared to a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    Stop this shit

Give the woman/man some credit. I'm sorry the OP was born in a country where he/she has a warm house,food and water and does not have to work in a sweat shop of New Years but tough shit for the unfortunate people that do.

It's like the people that say "You can't decide what to eat? Think of the children in uganda eating dirt for dinner" It's like either you go to Uganda and give them food packets or shut your fat face
    With all due respect. No.

I am comparing how lonely night to how some really have it. It might make you appreciate your situation even more. Its not like anything saying you cannot decide what to eat...now if you were wasting food on purpose..then it would compare. I never said fat face. I watch programs from all over the world how tough people have it around the world.

So excuse me if I want to apply that logic here. People sometimes do not know how truly good we have it so it puts things into prescriptive.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    With all due respect. No.

I am comparing how lonely night to how some really have it. It might make you appreciate your situation even more. Its not like anything saying you cannot decide what to eat...now if you were wasting food on purpose..then it would compare. I never said fat face. I watch programs from all over the world how tough people have it around the world.

So excuse me if I want to apply that logic here. People sometimes do not know how truly good we have it so it puts things into prescriptive.
    It really doesn't do anything, especially if the person berating the other about how good their situation is compared to other people doesn't do anything about it themselves. It's just being a downer for no real reason, even if you present facts that people may or may not even care about.