Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    It's funny how Blizzard tells you that you dont have to do certain things but when people ask to remove such things as valor cap they play the "players would feel forced to farm" card. Double standards much?

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    *I'm using the phrase 'strongly pressured' instead of 'forced' because people get butthurt about it.

First off, I honestly have no problem with LFR. I think that allowing people to experience the content in an easier, more casual setting is a great idea. I don't really care that people can get epic gear in an easier environment.

However I straight up refuse to do it. I did Dragon Soul LFR about 3ish times back in Cata and it was an absolute mess. Griefers, trolls, HORRID players, and excessive loot drama made me hate it. It also killed the feel of normal mode Dragon Soul and made killing the bosses there less fun. After that I refuse to run LFR on any of my characters.

Unfortunately I've found that this doesn't go over well with other people. I get yelled at and am 'pressured' to do LFR, for the valor and gear (since the gear that drops is better than 5-man gear). It even got to the point where my guild refuses to let me raid with them unless I do LFR.

I absolutely hate the experience and feel of LFR and refuse to do it, but I feel 'strongly pressured' to run LFR for the valor and the gear that drops. Anyone else feel the same way? And if you do feel the same, what would you do to fix it?
    LFR is quite useless, you can easily get your weekly valor cap doing dailies + heroics + scenarios.

The loot from LFR can be a small bonus for a very limited amount of time, but in no way "strongly pressures" you to do it.

Thus, I do not understand why your guild won't let you run raids with them because of your refusal to do LFR, it probably has other reasons and your guild master/raid leader just claims it is because of this.

The alternative would be to max reps, grind 5mans for VP and buy epics. A full set will have you primed, gear wise to go into heroic raids (sans weapon).

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    The alternative would be to max reps, grind 5mans for VP and buy epics. A full set will have you primed, gear wise to go into heroic raids (sans weapon).
    If you're in a guild that goes for serious heroic progression, you will have a full set of 496+ purples long before you can grab all that stuff for valor.

Yes, LFR + valor gear will provide a small bonus for a very limited amount of time, but you will be completely decked out faster that you can think.