[PvP] The state of Death Knights

not my video, credit to Skeetz

I think this is pretty accurate. Thoughts?

Deleted
    agree with you on the pvp/pve talent trees need seperating problem is blizzard has had this suggested to them but fagboy ghostcrawler says the same shit we dnt have to tech to do this, to me it sounds like we are to lazy and cant be arsed to do this cos pvpers are a minority

none of the DK talents even really matter in PVE, i dont understand why we'd need another tree for pvp talents.

pretty much nailed it. warriors and mages destroy any class in pvp right now. and its just not burstdmg.. every class has multiple instant ccs, fears, stuns.. dks have a 5 second channeled stun THATS it.

Agreed, this class is complete crap, i wish they would return our old talent trees so we can focus in pve or pvp.

I wouldn't even call DK a "hero" class anymore.

Deleted
    Aside from the fact that this guy said he wanted to quit on each DK related nerfs but he's still playing, i kinda agree that blizzard not separating pve/pvp when it comes to talents/combos is freaking bad.
    Each time they nerf something due to some OP burst/w/e it affects both sides crippling for no reasons people/specs that do perfectly fine.

Still waiting for the other UH changes promised by GC, wish they could have a look at us just like they did on monks (i do agree they needed some love especially as a new class). The only pb is, the changes that will make dk pvp better (all those blanket silences/cc/burst nerfs) are so far away in time that only players that love the class or have some back up partners will continue. Just like rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    Aside from the fact that this guy said he wanted to quit on each DK related nerfs but he's still playing, i kinda agree that blizzard not separating pve/pvp when it comes to talents/combos is freaking bad.
    Each time they nerf something due to some OP burst/w/e it affects both sides crippling for no reasons people/specs that do perfectly fine.

Still waiting for the other UH changes promised by GC, wish they could have a look at us just like they did on monks (i do agree they needed some love especially as a new class). The only pb is, the changes that will make dk pvp better (all those blanket silences/cc/burst nerfs) are so far away in time that only players that love the class or have some back up partners will continue. Just like rogues.
    It's ironic that Monks have been around for only a few months, and they're getting resource costs removed from their defensive CDs and CC in the next patch, but Blizzard has yet to do that for the DK class.

my favorite thing is with all the instant cc's that they added...they took away and berated fdks in cata cause of Hungering Cold which was an instant CC...but then they gave a everyone else instant CC...GG blizz GG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devilminion View Post
    pretty much nailed it. warriors and mages destroy any class in pvp right now. and its just not burstdmg.. every class has multiple instant ccs, fears, stuns.. dks have a 5 second channeled stun THATS it.
    Actually we could have another 5 second stun which would be instant, have no rune cost and on a one minute cooldown.

Of course I'm talking about asphyxiate but as everyone knows... The mobility of frost death knights is adjacent to none which makes chillblains obligatory for most of them as is death's advance for most of the unholy DKs, you either, today, want to use some of your frost runes either putting frost fever on the target or disspell something off a target and still sob behind him you don't have any death runes for a necrotic. This brings us to a conclusion: no one, basically, has this talent. This could of course be fixed with ease but blizzard is still dropping bagfuls of salt into 3-4 year old wounds with this I imply to every freaking Ghostcrawler post in which he states that DK survivability is fine.

Me, myself, don't enjoy asphyxiate for what it represents, more instant cc. They even took the only cc that made sense when the mop pre-patch came out, hungering cold. It was totally fine, without the RP cost at least. This, ever so, makes me rub my forehead with my fingers and think are they even playing the content they are making.
    Last edited by mmoc4f26fd59c0; 2013-01-01 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taberman View Post
    Actually we could have another 5 second stun which would be instant, have no rune cost and on a one minute cooldown.

Of course I'm talking about asphyxiate but as everyone knows... The mobility of frost death knights is adjacent to none which makes chillblains obligatory for most of them as is death's advance for most of the unholy DKs, you either, today, want to use some of your frost runes either putting frost fever on the target or disspell something off a target and still sob behind him you don't have any death runes for a necrotic. This brings us to a conclusion: no one, basically, has this talent. This could of course be fixed with ease but blizzard is still dropping bagfuls of salt into 3-4 year old wounds with this I imply to every freaking Ghostcrawler post in which he states that DK survivability is fine.

Me, myself, don't enjoy asphyxiate for what it represents, more instant cc. They even took the only cc that made sense when the mop pre-patch came out, hungering cold. It was totally fine, without the RP cost at least. This, ever so, makes me rub my forehead with my fingers and think are they even playing the content they are making.
    Personally, I think that Blizzard should just embrace the metagame they created and bring weaker classes up to the top tier classes instead of gutting classes, such as the blood fear change to an already weak class in warlock, and that's not to say obvious things like Shockwave shouldn't be fixed. I think it would be more fair to the weaker classes and easier to balance in time then revamp how CC is used in the next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Taberman View Post

I stopped paying attention to his tweets/blue etc crap about dk's. The guy is a fricken moron and it's about half the reason im quietly contemplating dropping wow yet again...and amazingly its not due to the content sucking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerflux View Post
    It's ironic that Monks have been around for only a few months, and they're getting resource costs removed from their defensive CDs and CC in the next patch, but Blizzard has yet to do that for the DK class.
    From what i understand, he doesn't want to listen to players base because in the past doing so resulted into OP situations that he didn't see (kinda retarded if u ask for someone that is suppose to control the game mechanics). I do agree that 3 month after release the new class got some of the best buffs ever, having resource cost removed is so freaking awesome.

Wish we could have that on silence, pillar etc. Wouldn't make us OP, far from it.
    But well what others said, it wouldn't fix the current state of DK pvp. We do "ok" but stand no chance against the player that chose the good class at the beginning of mop.

I would love to have hungering cold back on my dk. Without that I feel like I'm fighting with one arm tied behind my back.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I would love to have hungering cold back on my dk. Without that I feel like I'm fighting with one arm tied behind my back.
    yea but dk' cant have instant cc like everyone else because it truely was a gamer changer. Sarcasm aside they have hated on dks since their OP state in season 5. Anf they just use that as an excuse to basically butcher the shit out of dks and keep them middle of the pack for everything. I remember in 4.1 frost went from the second worst spec in the game for dps to middle of the road and they still nerfed it because it was doing "too much damage". I really would only like disarm protection and a tiny bit of survivability against melee. Casters typically...whoop us too unless we're lucky with AMS. So beyond tired of being dropped to zero from full with 60% resilience while in blood pres in a single deep or within seconds with a warrior beating on me. Also I laugh at the fact that death knights have the absolute least health of I think almost all of the classes in pvp gear. Unbuffed with 3 pieces of malevelant to go(2 of which give stamina) I sit 30-40k behind warriors with a LOT less gear. Locks, mages, healers are have more HP than me when I look at BGT too...That shit needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    From what i understand, he doesn't want to listen to players base because in the past doing so resulted into OP situations that he didn't see (kinda retarded if u ask for someone that is suppose to control the game mechanics). I do agree that 3 month after release the new class got some of the best buffs ever, having resource cost removed is so freaking awesome.

Wish we could have that on silence, pillar etc. Wouldn't make us OP, far from it.
    But well what others said, it wouldn't fix the current state of DK pvp. We do "ok" but stand no chance against the player that chose the good class at the beginning of mop.

This. The new Monk class is already having resource costs removed from abilties/cooldowns, yet us old Dks still have to pay for ICB, Strangulate, PoF, Dark Simacrulum, etc. The sad thing is ICB is probably one of the worst Defensive Cds in the game given what it provides and what it costs on a 3 minute cooldown. PoF just feels clunky to use given its cost somtimes. See tiger's fury or zerker rage (Druid and warrior respectively), both of these actually replenish resources while providing a significant dps increase.
    Last edited by Smiegel; 2013-01-03 at 05:07 PM.