10+ Year Old Account

Viability of Mist Weavers

Hi!

I'm a fresh 90 WW at the moment but my guild requested me to turn into MW for 10 man raiding purposes. We are lacking healers at the moment so it is imperative that i go healer. Question is, do MW do okay in raid environments? I am quite inexperienced in that spec, never played MW ever. I checked the guide section of the forum here but it was far outdated (as i guess?). EJ is also a no-go at the moment and i don't know any other good source of information at the moment. So;

1- Would it be a good choice to go MW or should i go for another healing class (druid and priest are viable choices to me at the moment) ?
    2- Where can i find reliable source of information on MW monks like up to date guides?
    3- What the hell is 'fist weaving'?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Deleted
    "Fist Weaving" refers to the healing done by your melee attacks caused by your statue and the healing from Serpents Zeal (both of which will show up as "Eminence" in healing). Pure Fistweaving (with lots of Blackout Kicks etc.) is rather uncommon by now, most of the time you just BoK to keep the Buff up and use your Chi on Uplift or Chi Burst. So the only Eminence-Healing you get would be from auto-attacks, Jabs (for reliable and cheap Chi (if unglyphed)) and the occasional Tigers Palm and Blackout Kick.

Mistweavers are strong AoE-Healers, but (in my eyes) nothing right now comes close to priest healing. But MW is far from being bad and can keep up or surpass most healing classes.

Regarding information, there are a couple of new posts in the Guide here on mmo-champion, sometimes a new thread, beside from that, not sure where a new Mist Weaver would get all the usefull informations.

1.) If you're really wanting to min/max and priest is a choice go disc because Spirit Shell is OP as hell until 5.2. If you had to choose between Monk and Druid then Monk. Monks do what Druids do but much better.

2.) I learned alot of stuff about MW from watching Affinitii's livestream, since he's the monk healer for Blood Legion. Other than that you can try the official forums and see if someone has written a MW guide or something, other than that I learned MW by just running 5 mans and LFR alot and getting used to it. Basically you're using Renewing Mists on cooldown, keeping Serpent's Zeal up if you're fistweaving (more on that below), spending your Chi on Uplift or your level 30 talent (I recommend Chi Burst), using Mana Tea on CD after you build 2 stacks (if glyphed) and if you need mana, and using Spinning Crane Kick if there is consistent AoE damage (Garalon, Heroic Will, P2 Blade Lord, etc.). Also since the nerfs, try to avoid spamming Jab/Spinning Crane Kick too much as you'll run oom pretty fast. I don't think I'm forgetting anything but forgive me if I did.

3.) The only thing "Fistweaving" means is instead of staying at ranged like a typical healer would, you stay in melee range attacking the boss to generate Chi with Jab instead of using the channeled Soothing Mists. Keeping 2 stacks of Serpent's Zeal means 50% of your auto attack damage is healing. It's more reliable since Jab is on demand Chi and Soothing Mist is a 'chance' to generate Chi.

They are certainly viable, maybe you could try them out on the PTR? I heard that premades are up. Your best bet when choosing a class is to pick the one that is the most fun for you.

Disc Priests are very very strong right now, but it's not balanced and going to be nerfed in 5.2 so I would not go Priest just because you want to be OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the responses, gonna try out MW as it seems.

Deleted
    Have fun with it mate. In my experience, some players find the spec difficult to play and others just truly enjoy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    Have fun with it mate. In my experience, some players find the spec difficult to play and others just truly enjoy it.
    I hate healing on anything but my monk now, which is why I have nearly 3 of them lol