Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I do like looking at the different ones on different networks. Lets you know what kind of people watch each show.

10+ Year Old Account
    <.<
    >.>
    ...maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do it as well but mostly out of a stereotypical gender perspective.
    No way I cant get annoyed at the german detergent commercials we get dubbed here in Sweden. Happy women that LOVE washing, always with a smile, gtfo.
    Or wathcing NFL games with retarded RAM car commercials that play out to some gutural redneck feeling - Guts, Glory, RAM. I mean wtf what idiot will fall for that?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I do it as well but mostly out of a stereotypical gender perspective.
    No way I cant get annoyed at the german detergent commercials we get dubbed here in Sweden. Happy women that LOVE washing, always with a smile, gtfo.
    Or wathcing NFL games with retarded RAM car commercials that play out to some gutural redneck feeling - Guts, Glory, RAM. I mean wtf what idiot will fall for that?
    You know whats even worse when watching sports? BEER COMMERCIALS. I've been watching the world junior hockey championship on TV and every time they go to commercial there is a goddamned Coors Light commercial (which IMHO is the shttiest beer ever made) For 30 seconds they have John O'Hurley talk about how refreshing it is to drink a COLD Coors Light, how it's brewed COLD and how clever the company is to put a indicator on each and every can that tells you when your beer is cold enough to drink.... I mean really? Why do you need to advertise how COLD your goddamn beer is? How stupid does a person have to be to not tell if their beer is cold? It boggles the mind! Just because a beer is cold does not mean it's good... *sigh*
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Not exactly fixed on the actual ads, but I recently changed from a gender-neutral name on youtube to a feminine one. The difference was, uh, very noticeable. I would get the same ad constantly, that I'd never seen on the other account, and when I did go back over to check, it never showed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen TV commercials in several months now but I love the commercials that have almost nothing to do with the product. Like some scene will play out, and randomly at the end the product is revealed and has nothing to do with the scene.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Honestly do not watch commercials... 99% of the time I change the channel... If I don't have a program or movie to watch on another station, I usually have a book sitting there to read during.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 02:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    You know whats even worse when watching sports? BEER COMMERCIALS. I've been watching the world junior hockey championship on TV and every time they go to commercial there is a goddamned Coors Light commercial (which IMHO is the shttiest beer ever made) For 30 seconds they have John O'Hurley talk about how refreshing it is to drink a COLD Coors Light, how it's brewed COLD and how clever the company is to put a indicator on each and every can that tells you when your beer is cold enough to drink.... I mean really? Why do you need to advertise how COLD your goddamn beer is? How stupid does a person have to be to not tell if their beer is cold? It boggles the mind! Just because a beer is cold does not mean it's good... *sigh*
    The more cold a beer is the better it hides the terrible taste of shitty cheap beer.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could ignore commercials, but I often find I hate them so much that I sit there raging, if I can't fast forward.

Like 5 Hour Energy giving the idea that the best present someone could possibly get would be a huge box of 5 hour energy for Christmas.

Please. -.-
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    The people they find to do those commercials that cant even do something simple like crack an egg or slice a tomato must be the most stupid people alive. I also hate those buy one get one free (with additional S&H which they never tell you it costs as much as buying a second one) But every now and then they have a good one that I find comical such as the Tiddy Bear!!

Or the Uroclub!!

Also I like to analyze commercials and find some of the methods they use to try and get you to fall for their product and they usually fall into about 5 simple categories and all commercials seem to use them and havent really come up with any new type of marketing in about 50 years.
    Last edited by Orlong; 2013-01-01 at 03:23 AM.

mind if i ramble on this a minute?

wtf does the container have to do with how cold a beer is? if the refrigerator isnt getting it cold enough turn it up or get a new one already.

and ice cube... your 15 minutes were up about 5 fridays ago. give it up man, you're no longer relevant. those idiotic commercials make me miss the ones with the train coming out of nowhere with a bunch of whores cheering it on
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    Never watch TV so I never see them, and I got several different kinds of ad-block and script blocks so I never encounter them here or on other sites either. Except for the few times I whitelist sites or channels to support that particular person/group. But even then I alt-tab out and do something else if it's a video, or just ignore it if it's an image.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Never watch TV so I never see them, and I got several different kinds of ad-block and script blocks so I never encounter them here or on other sites either. Except for the few times I whitelist sites or channels to support that particular person/group. But even then I alt-tab out and do something else if it's a video, or just ignore it if it's an image.
    But... but.. but how will you know what new Nike shoes to buy then? Sad panda.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    and ice cube... your 15 minutes were up about 5 fridays ago. give it up man, you're no longer relevant.
    Dafuq? Ice Cube? LOL... I can't remember the last time i heard this guy on the radio, saw him in a movie or on tv until I found this about a minute ago >_>

So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

No, i do not watch tv thus i havent really seen commercials in years, aside from one i just watched on another topic.

On a side note though, there is one product from all these stupid commercials that I actually own and LOVE!! And that is the magic bullet :P I got one as an early xmas gift about a month back and I can now make my own iced coffees and smoothies at home that taste better than going out and paying 3-7 bucks for one. However, the infomercial for it on TV is so cheesy LOL!
    You know you can do that with a regular blender right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Yeah, I do. It's interesting the way they try to manipulate people.

For example, putting away dishes. Look at how absurdly difficult they make it look:

http://i.imgur.com/uxOCD.gif
    lol her hubby needs to set her straight and not let her leave the kitchen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I am Teh Lawl View Post
    Ever since "I've fallen and I can't get up" I've been an commercial buff. I will dissect commercials for every flaw and inconsistency. Anyone else do this or am I just weird?

I swear to god commercials make me laugh out loud at how ludicrous they are. I just love to pick them apart ..sometimes I will mimic them out loud just so everyone else in the room sees how stupid they are.

I know I must not be the only one who does this.
    That "I've fallen and I can't get up" commercial, no matter how silly it looks, is actually a really legit commercial. My grandma has one of those life alert things and it has saved her live 2 or 3 times.

But yes, I usually destroy commercials, especially infomercials.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the worst commercials out there now are for cars... if anything, it gives me a strong aversion to the projected image that a car = your entire life.

Deleted
    Depends if its a good advert.
    extended advert
    The John Smiths' adverts
    Guiness' adverts
    Foster's Good Call adverts
    Citroen's Cars (Robots)
    Enterprise car rental is quite funny

Of course if its a bad advert i'll ignore it but you can get some funny ones every now and again. And seems the standard of adverts vary depending on the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    I HATE commercials with a passion. They are the number 1 mood killer at whatever I watch. So basically they achieve the opposite in me.. You disturb my peace. Screw you, I ain't buying your crap, just because of that intrusion.

As for the ads themselves. No, I don't really analyze them. However they are airing one right now, which is a classic shoot in the foot.
    State Farm Insurance I believe it is (not exactly sure). They are using the title song from Cheers, the TV show.
    How stupid can one actually be? Everyone who hears that song, will instantly think CHEERS.. The message about the brand gets completely thrown out of the window right there... Talking about money wasted on tv ads.
    It was in fact the only reason why I turned my head and noticed the ad at all. Me too was like... oh cheers...