Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    Fast 5
    This came out in April 2011, and was even out on DVD before 2012 mate.

I don't know if I actually saw 10 movies from 2012, lemme think here:
    The Avengers
    Dark Knight Rises
    Expendables 2
    Skyfall
    Bourne Legacy
    The Raid:Redemption(I know this was released in 2012 in the US, but I won't swear that it wasn't out in 2011 in it's home country so it may not technically count as a 2012 release)
    Dredd
    Safe House
    Resident Evil:Retribution
    Get the Gringo

Okay, it looks like I saw 10, so I guess that's my top 10 by default. Not seen Lincoln, The Hobbit, Looper, Django, or Flight but want to see them all and they could certainly bump some of the above off the list(Safe House, Get the Gringo, and Res Evil being likely contenders to get bumped). Semi-interested in Argo, Zero Dark Thirty, Cloud Atlas, and Prometheus, but not high priority. Don't care about Life of Pi or Les Mis at all. May rent End of Watch eventually, it looks like something I SHOULD like, yet I just can't work up any interest in actually seeing it for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Snip
    I'm all for non-action orientated movies, and although LOTR isn't what you would call 'Non-Action', still my favourite moments of all 3 movies is simply character interaction, well shot and edited sequences of environments or places. A scene as simple as Sam and Gollum arguing over how to cook Rabbit correctly is just sheer brilliance and I could watch a version of LOTR consisting entirely of those moments.

But Life of Pi, I went in completely understanding it was going to be just a movie about Adventure and Discovery with a message, but It just put me to sleep. I understand the message is there and has multiple meanings depending on the person, but to me it just felt artificial and tacky. A good message is supposed to move your heart, make you think deeply, reflect on what you just heard (In this case 'saw') and then come to a conclusion. I cry at the end of LOTR, Hell I even cried during Mass Effect 3, but this movie which is supposed to move you and make me think didn't make my heart change beat once and my brain slowed down because of it.

In the End, different strokes for different folks. I can respect people liking this movie, my Mum and Sister really enjoyed it, they spent an hour after the movie just talking about the different ways the movie can be interpreted (they didn't even give two craps about the Visual Effects and still thought it was brilliant), but for me it just didn't do anything. It kind of mirrored the Star Wars Prequels for me in the respect that Visual Effects can be as awesome as you want, but if the rest of the movie is complete crap it just can't make up for it. Maybe I just went in with to high expectations based off the rave reviews it's been getting, and because of that it was a letdown? Not a big deal in the end, everyone will have a big list of movies they didn't enjoy, and sadly this one joins that list for me, although shit that Tiger was fucking amazing.

Deleted
    I really enjoyed the perks of being a wallflower, drama without a 2 dimensional focus on romance with an excellent sound track and brilliant cast. Cloud Atlas and Dredd were great as well, I didn't like Django unchained as much as others but I'm not exactly a fan of how similar all of QT's films feel.
    Last edited by mmocf10b8a8948; 2013-01-18 at 01:55 PM.

Now that I have seen the Beasts of Southern Wild I can safely say this for sure deserves to be on my list so I don't mind editing it one more time.
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2013-01-21 at 07:10 PM.