Long live King Grover Norquist!

(note: this is a sarcastic post)

Our Glorious and all Powerful King Grover Norquist has ruled that taxes shall not be raised, and noble politicians have looked past the pleads of commoners and their elected president (lower 'p'), to proclaim "Our King's Will Shall Be Done!".

I would like to congratulate our King for his victory over His country's citizenry, and ask His Majesty to lay out more commandments for the upcoming year.
    Last edited by someotherguy; 2012-12-31 at 11:17 PM.

these people would have zero power whatsoever if districts weren't gerrymandered beyond any semblance of proper representation.

Deleted
    This is the guy we're talking about : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grover_Norquist
    And here's the relevant part : "He is known as the promoter of the "Taxpayer Protection Pledge", which prior to the November 2012 election was signed by 95% of all Republican Members of Congress and all but one of the candidates running for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination,[4] to oppose increases in marginal income tax rates for individuals and businesses, as well as net reductions or eliminations of deductions and credits without a matching reduced tax rate."

Quote Originally Posted by djtravitrav View Post
    these people would have zero power whatsoever if districts weren't gerrymandered beyond any semblance of proper representation.
    You said this so beautifully that it brought tears to my eyes. First all I dont' care which party but to listen to one person more or less and make stupid promises, like "never raise taxes, ever"!! is so frikin stupid. This is like the Dems follow Keith Olberman saying "we should tax everyone 90%, no matter what".

To your point on gerrymandering is such a good one. Again I don't care what party but for state parties to manipulate districts so that one party is always in power and has no fear of ever losing that power is one of many reasons Washington is so bad. Now people may bring up that say this helps in gettin "minorities" elected to House seats and I agree to that but I think the abuse much outweighs the advantage. sad thing is if they go rid of this, politicians would find another way to abuse the system.

Quote Originally Posted by djtravitrav View Post
    Those people wouldnt have zero power if there were more parties and a different voting system.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Those people wouldnt have zero power if there were more parties and a different voting system.
    Think you meant proper.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.