Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can you solve this riddle?

Hello everyone,

My friend tasked me with creating an implicit riddle in Microsoft Paint, with no instructions further than simply showing him the image and seeing if he can solve it. So, MMO-Champ Fun Stuff people, I'm letting you all give it a dry-run and tell me what you think!

Here's the picture, good luck:

If you have guesses, put them in those censored boxes or the ones you have to hit "Show" to see or whatever as to not spoil it for others.

well you did not label your X axis.
    * Smacks with rolled up news paper

also all I see is a graph. I have no idea where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    well you did not label your X axis.
    * Smacks with rolled up news paper

also all I see is a graph. I have no idea where to start.
    What are the things in the corner? Why is Moore's Law listed twice on the graph? (Hint: Think Phonetically) What does that all say about the presence of the "2"s on the graph?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't know where to start. I see 2's, moores law, a graph, processor names, and what looks like morse code.

I'm not a computer guy...What am I looking for? Wtf is Moore's Law.

OH WAIT MY FRIEND TOLD ME ONCE. Is he the guy who said that every 2 or 1.5 or 10 years or some shit something will double?

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 06:37 PM ----------

What are those things in top left corner? Seriously help me out I'm not a computer guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    I just don't know where to start. I see 2's, moores law, a graph, processor names, and what looks like morse code.
    Out of curiosity, how do you do that?

Edit: Nvm figured it out.
    Last edited by Togarox; 2013-02-25 at 11:58 PM.

Deleted
    The morse code doesn't look complete or doesn't really make sense.

OT: The doppler/doubler effect?
    Last edited by mmoc9253cef1ab; 2013-02-25 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Levitt View Post
    What are the things in the corner? Why is Moore's Law listed twice on the graph? (Hint: Think Phonetically) What does that all say about the presence of the "2"s on the graph?
    the whole thing makes it seem like you need to know a lot about computers, in addition you have no obvious start point.

The morse code in the upper left hand corner states "This is distraction and clue". Moore's law states that the number of transistors used doubles every 2 years. Not sure what they have to do with each other. Thats all I've been able to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    The morse code in the upper left hand corner states "This is distraction and clue". Moore's law states that the number of transistors used doubles every 2 years. Not sure what they have to do with each other. Thats all I've been able to figure out.
    Correct so far. Keep going.

ok so you need to know Morse code and laws about transistors to solve this? fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    ok so you need to know Morse code and laws about transistors to solve this? fun.
    It's very abstract. Look for things you can't see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two Moore's Laws + Morse Code = Tumor's code... It's not a tumor... Arnold Schwarzenegger... Governator... You want more Governators.

Deleted
    this is the original image:

Bored at work and this has been bugging me, enough to register to maybe get things moving again :P
    Morse/Moore's sound similar. The 2's are nicely [I]squared [/I]in their boxes, and under the line (underlined?)

Random abstract guess:
    Tremors 2: Aftershock. Works, sort of, if I could figure out anything particularly shocking about either a 386 or 1985

So what's the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    So what's the answer?
    Ya I'm done waiting. Post the answer or face the consequences.

the 2's are supposed to show the number of transistors per box in their respective state? What I mean is that where the 2's are now, they are enclosed by the 10000-100000 boxes, thus the whole boxes encase a maximum number of 100000. If you divide this number by the number of years a box is encased of (5), you get 20000 (see the 2?). I have no clue what else to come up with, this makes no sense to me This solution was really sought out

Deleted
    Maybe his friend was the one that gave him the riddle and hes trying to use MMO-C to solve it for him!

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps the answer is that there is no answer since there is no riddle.

Or perhaps he just wants more cole slaw.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.