Modular PSU Cable extensions (halp)

Hi All.

So I've got an HX850; due to some space restrictions with my case and the stiffness of the 24pin, i'm looking for some individually sleeved cable extensions.
    I know Corsair has these already; and the ones relevant to my power supply seem only to offer sleeved extensions for the modular cables only - so not my 8pin, 24pin and 6+2 pins (me no gusta).

After perusing the Corsair forums to clarify this, it was evident that Corsair strongly recommended against using cables other than those that were intended for your specific power supply - so don't go and stick AX series extensions onto my HX psu (which makes me go wha?). However, in the pic below* it would seem that this guy has gone and attached some AX series extensions to his HX850 - something which I would like to do myself.

So my question to you, good people of the internet,
    1) Have I spotted the extensions correctly? are these in fact AX Series extensions? (If so, I may pick some of these up instead of the HX ones)
    2) This guy seems to be having success connecting the two 24pin cables together - What is that he is using to bridge the two? (Sorry for this particularly noobish one).
    3) Any other insights / recommendations?

Thanks

You can find pretty extension cables from here. (Newegg does not sell those last I checked)
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2013-01-01 at 08:37 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Thanks for the reply.
    Upon further research I've managed to find some cable extensions i can pick up here (Australia).
    My local store sells Bitfenix / NZXT individually sleeved cables; so i'll probably look into those.

After perusing the Corsair forums to clarify this, it was evident that Corsair strongly recommended against using cables other than those that were intended for your specific power supply - so don't go and stick AX series extensions onto my HX psu (which makes me go wha?). However, in the pic below* it would seem that this guy has gone and attached some AX series extensions to his HX850 - something which I would like to do myself.
    The Corsair cables are not extensions, they are to completely replace the cables. If - and I assume this is the reason - the ends connecting to the PSU are either a different shape (so they will physically not fit on a different PSU) or are wired differently (power going into a ground or 12V going into a 5V or 3.3V connector would kill anything it was connected to) then Corsair are very correct in saying that the AX cables are not to be used with an HX PSU.

It seems the guy above *in picture* has used individually braided psu cable extensions, rather than AX cabling.
    Seeing as these are female:male extensions, the wiring should be standard to ensure compatibility with components they're plugging into (i think?)
    This being the case, using cable extensions should be fine? rather than using AX cables as extensions - which, as you quite rightly say, may be wired specific to the psu.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctua View Post
    This being the case, using cable extensions should be fine? rather than using AX cables as extensions - which, as you quite rightly say, may be wired specific to the psu.
    Corsair cables are just longer versions of the normal cables, extensions (like the Bitfenix Alchemy) is totally different thing and will work with any and all PSUs. Extension cables are not a problem at all, and will not affect the functionality of your computer if you use those.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Thanks all
    I'll pick some extensions up on my next trip to the local computer shop ^_^