Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ...
5
45
53
54
55
56
57
65
... LastLast
  1. #1081
    Over 9000! Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    9,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    I'm actually both. I love both sides equally. I'm not biased unlike some people.
    No sir it is quite obvious you are a troll, so do me a favor either start taking this at least somewhat seriously, or just get lost. ;P
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  2. #1082
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    No sir it is quite obvious you are a troll, so do me a favor either start taking this at least somewhat seriously, or just get lost. ;P
    Lol. You're using the "TROLL GTFO" technique. Only people who are out of words do this. I didn't know I succesfuly trolled you though. It makes me glad.

    Trolling without realizing it... I guess I won.

  3. #1083
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    Another unworthy opponent. You are (like the others) missing out on a lot of canon-lore. Currently as of now the Draenei focus on the arcane and holy light moreso than anything else. They are older than any other playable race, giving them more knowledge than most on the planet. Blue Dragons are an exception.
    A reference to a single mage of note in the Draenei and I'll give you this. But since you are just making assumptions, your words mean nothing. Just because they are the oldest race, doesn't mean they are the most powerful. You are making assertions, and have no basis behind other than saying they are arcane based, which is not demonstrated in current Draenei society.

  4. #1084
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    A reference to a single mage of note in the Draenei and I'll give you this. But since you are just making assumptions, your words mean nothing. Just because they are the oldest race, doesn't mean they are the most powerful. You are making assertions, and have no basis behind other than saying they are arcane based, which is not demonstrated in current Draenei society.
    It's common sense to say an older race would be superior. Knowledge IS power. However some races have higher rates of passion/ambition (such as humans) making up for their short lifespans.

  5. #1085
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    It's common sense to say an older race would be superior. Knowledge IS power. However some races have higher rates of passion/ambition (such as humans) making up for their short lifespans.
    Still waiting on that Draenei mage who kept their arcane magic skills honed while fleeing and hiding from the Legion (who follows Arcane magic trails, by the way; It's how they found Azeroth so easily), for 25,000 years.

  6. #1086
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Still waiting on that Draenei mage who kept their arcane magic skills honed while fleeing and hiding from the Legion (who follows Arcane magic trails, by the way; It's how they found Azeroth so easily), for 25,000 years.
    Still waiting for you to become worthy enough to face me.

  7. #1087
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    It's common sense to say an older race would be superior. Knowledge IS power. However some races have higher rates of passion/ambition (such as humans) making up for their short lifespans.
    You are contradicting yourself. On top of that, from what we are presented with present day Draenai, they follow the Light more than anything else. Their society isn't one like the Blood Elves built around magic, it's built around the Light, and their is no evidence supporting your claim to them being superior magic wielders, not in-game or out.

  8. #1088
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    Still waiting for you to become worthy enough to face me.
    I am, you're the one insulting me (as well as others), and spouting that "I don't need to quote or source anything because I'm so awesome and right and you're not!"

  9. #1089
    Over 9000! Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    9,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I am, you're the one insulting me (as well as others), and spouting that "I don't need to quote or source anything because I'm so awesome and right and you're not!"
    Don't feed it, it is pointless, if he is ignored he will leave sooner or later.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  10. #1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Or draenei. Yes, I've seen a draenei mage once. It was a trainer in Exodar. I haven't seen a mention of any other draenei mages ever since. Even though it's stated that eredar were once powerful with the arcane, draenei mages these days are just as prominent and important as dwarven paladins, they just exist somewhere and that's all. Name me just one formidable draenei mage or a draenei achievement in the field of arcane, and I'll name you five memorable Blood Elf mages from the top of my head that instant.

    And no, draenei are not eredar. Eredar no longer exist, there's only man'ari eredar (empowered and mutated by Legion), draenei (changed with the Light so much it has become their racial ability to call upon it with a floating glyph upon their forehead), and Broken/Lost subspecies. Their culture has also changed drastically to become centered on religion. But of course, if you say so, almighty draenei may crush the Horde with their immeasurable arcane might at any second, they're just "playing" with the Horde.
    I'm assuming most of the common Draenei running around today aren't those that originally fled Argus. These younger Draenei would be weaker in arcane magic due to their culture not cultivating that kind of knowledge/tradition. This could explain the lack of prominent Draenei mages.

    I would argue that the original Draenei still living to be as knowledgeable about arcane as they were 25,000 years ago. They're just out of practice due to abandoning arcane magic for the Light. If one of these original Draenei set their mind to it, I don't imagine it would take too long to regain most of their arcane proficiency.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  11. #1091
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    You are contradicting yourself. On top of that, from what we are presented with present day Draenai, they follow the Light more than anything else. Their society isn't one like the Blood Elves built around magic, it's built around the Light, and their is no evidence supporting your claim to them being superior magic wielders, not in-game or out.
    And where is your evidence BRO? They are built around the light AND the arcane. Read Wowpedia (their sources are still in question) and the novels. You're not making any sense.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 12:59 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Don't feed it, it is pointless, if he is ignored he will leave sooner or later.
    LOL, that's just funny -and- pathetic. Assuming i'm a troll when you've got nothing better to say.

  12. #1092
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    And where is your evidence BRO? They are built around the light AND the arcane. Read Wowpedia (their sources are still in question) and the novels. You're not making any sense.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 12:59 AM ----------

    LOL, that's just funny -and- pathetic. Assuming i'm a troll when you've got nothing better to say.
    You are the one making the assertion that they are arcane based. Therefore the burden of proof rests with you. I've read the novels, there are no mages from the Draenei. As far as the wowpedia goes, there is no source when it says the society is based on magic, so it could say anything and it's meaningless in an argument.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 08:12 PM ----------

    The Draenei may have a part of society based on magic, but that does not mean they are nearly as strong as the other races.

    It would be the same as saying that the Blood Elves have society based on magic and the Light (Blood Knights) and therefore they are as strong as the Draenei at wielding the Light.

  13. #1093
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    The amount of hypocrisy in these statements amazes me.

    The blood elves (the Gilneans) were being attacked by the Night elves and dwarves (invaded by the Forsaken), thus driving them towards the Horde (Alliance). The blood elves (Worgen) are now complicit in anything the Alliance does.

    By your logic, now the worgen are responsible for anything the Alliance does. So, it's alright to go towards the Alliance if the Horde is attacking, but if the Alliance is attacking, you're going to blame the Blood elves for siding with those that helped them?
    The Alliance were never at war with the Blood Elves. Just because one racist tried to use them as cannon fodder doesn't mean the actual Alliance leadership would have acted that way, but yes, he did speak for the Alliance because the Alliance put him in a position of authority.

    The worgen are a part of the Alliance, so yes, they are fair targets. If you support something then you are part of it.

    But the Forsaken attacked them for no reason before they became a part of the Alliance anyway.


    It seems like Horde players want to hide behind a we're-not-all-evil argument while the Horde war machine rampages across Azeroth again. At least the Frost Wolves had the honor to not support the Horde. If the Blood Elves don't want to be the enemy of the Alliance then they can't support the Horde. It's that simple.

  14. #1094
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    The Alliance were never at war with the Blood Elves. Just because one racist tried to use them as cannon fodder doesn't mean the actual Alliance leadership would have acted that way, but yes, he did speak for the Alliance because the Alliance put him in a position of authority.

    The worgen are a part of the Alliance, so yes, they are fair targets. If you support something then you are part of it.

    But the Forsaken attacked them for no reason before they became a part of the Alliance anyway.


    It seems like Horde players want to hide behind a we're-not-all-evil argument while the Horde war machine rampages across Azeroth again. At least the Frost Wolves had the honor to not support the Horde. If the Blood Elves don't want to be the enemy of the Alliance then they can't support the Horde. It's that simple.
    Garithos was the de facto Alliance leadership at the time. It was also a different Alliance than the current one. Regardless, the Blood Elves were slighted by Humans while the Kirin Tor stood by complicit as they were imprisoned in Dalaran.

    "We Sin'dorei were driven to the Horde by the bigotry and distrust of the Alliance." -Theron
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  15. #1095
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    The Alliance were never at war with the Blood Elves. Just because one racist tried to use them as cannon fodder doesn't mean the actual Alliance leadership would have acted that way, but yes, he did speak for the Alliance because the Alliance put him in a position of authority.

    The worgen are a part of the Alliance, so yes, they are fair targets. If you support something then you are part of it.

    But the Forsaken attacked them for no reason before they became a part of the Alliance anyway.


    It seems like Horde players want to hide behind a we're-not-all-evil argument while the Horde war machine rampages across Azeroth again. At least the Frost Wolves had the honor to not support the Horde. If the Blood Elves don't want to be the enemy of the Alliance then they can't support the Horde. It's that simple.
    The Alliance had attacked the Blood Elves even before they joined the Horde, with the Darnassian intrusions and the Ironforge spy taking specs of everything. They were driven into the Horde because of that>

    Even in MoP, when they were in talks about re-joining the Alliance with Varian, they were driven back to the Horde because, once again, the Alliance forced them to.

  16. #1096
    Mechagnome Gaelden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Atlantic Europe
    Posts
    526
    "Norgannon the Dreamweaver" has to be the worst troll since new year's day.
    It ain’t wise to poke a warrior so much, sonny. We just might poke ya back.

  17. #1097
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Garithos was the de facto Alliance leadership at the time. It was also a different Alliance than the current one. Regardless, the Blood Elves were slighted by Humans while the Kirin Tor stood by complicit as they were imprisoned in Dalaran.

    "We Sin'dorei were driven to the Horde by the bigotry and distrust of the Alliance." -Theron
    And yet the Alliance has a large population of high elves.

    The Blood Elves are just making excuses. They weren't forced to join the Horde. Not until now. It was a mutually beneficial alliance, that's all. When Garrosh starts committing war crimes will the Blood Elves make excuses then for supporting a mass murderer? Their actions made Garrosh's war possible both through direct military support and by using Dalaran's portals.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    The Alliance had attacked the Blood Elves even before they joined the Horde, with the Darnassian intrusions and the Ironforge spy taking specs of everything. They were driven into the Horde because of that>

    Even in MoP, when they were in talks about re-joining the Alliance with Varian, they were driven back to the Horde because, once again, the Alliance forced them to.
    The Alliance never invaded Silvermoon like the Forsaken literally invaded Gilneas.

    The Sunreavers abused their neutrality and used Dalaran to help the Horde. They have proven that they cannot be trusted. The Alliance can't afford to take risks.

  18. #1098
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    And yet the Alliance has a large population of high elves.

    The Blood Elves are just making excuses. They weren't forced to join the Horde. Not until now. It was a mutually beneficial alliance, that's all. When Garrosh starts committing war crimes will the Blood Elves make excuses then for supporting a mass murderer? Their actions made Garrosh's war possible both through direct military support and by using Dalaran's portals.
    You really don't seem to be up on the 5.1 lore. Here's the full quote: "We Sin'dorei were driven to the Horde by the bigotry and distrust of the Alliance. Now, I look at our Warchief, and I begin to see the very same racism. He is willing to throw away our lives for his agenda. Know this: I won't stand idle if the Horde interests conflict with those of my people. I may reconsider old Alliances." -Theron

    This was just before Theron started negotiations with Varian to rejoin the Alliance. Sure sounds like Theron supports Garrosh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    The Sunreavers abused their neutrality and used Dalaran to help the Horde. They have proven that they cannot be trusted. The Alliance can't afford to take risks.
    ONE Sunreaver did this without the knowledge of the Sunreaver organization.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  19. #1099
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    You really don't seem to be up on the 5.1 lore. Here's the full quote: "We Sin'dorei were driven to the Horde by the bigotry and distrust of the Alliance. Now, I look at our Warchief, and I begin to see the very same racism. He is willing to throw away our lives for his agenda. Know this: I won't stand idle if the Horde interests conflict with those of my people. I may reconsider old Alliances." -Theron
    That quote is total bullshit anyway. The Blood Elves were driven to the Horde due to their own bigotry and distrust. They blame the Alliance for the actions of 1 human that is long dead. The current Alliance is completely different than the one during the 3rd war, yet the Blood Elves still continue to blame the Alliance for something they didnt do.

    He also has a quote during the next patch about something like "The reason the Horde exists is because of the Alliance!"

    Another completely bullshit quote to make the Horde look like victims again. Garrosh and the Horde are the ones that want to 'claim all of Kalimdor for the Horde." Hes the one that wants to "paint this new continent red."

  20. #1100
    Mechagnome Gaelden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Atlantic Europe
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    And yet the Alliance has a large population of high elves.
    No, it does not, stop making stuff up and read a little bit of the lore.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 02:20 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    That quote is total bullshit anyway. The Blood Elves were driven to the Horde due to their own bigotry and distrust. They blame the Alliance for the actions of 1 human that is long dead. The current Alliance is completely different than the one during the 3rd war, yet the Blood Elves still continue to blame the Alliance for something they didnt do.
    That was Human was official the leader of the Alliance of Lordaeron, not a John Doe. To make your argument even less valid, the Blood Elves wanted to join the Alliance, but it turns out the Alliance decided to instead spy on them, rather than willingly trying to get them in. Afterwards they were offered aid by Sylvanas, who then recommended them to join the Horde, which they did since they were desperatly in need of help.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    He also has a quote during the next patch about something like "The reason the Horde exists is because of the Alliance!"

    Another completely bullshit quote to make the Horde look like victims again. Garrosh and the Horde are the ones that want to 'claim all of Kalimdor for the Horde." Hes the one that wants to "paint this new continent red."
    Who cares? Not many in the Horde like Garrosh (officially, not talking about players), and especially not Blood Elves. What's your point with this, anyway?
    Last edited by Gaelden; 2013-01-26 at 02:21 AM.
    It ain’t wise to poke a warrior so much, sonny. We just might poke ya back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •