Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    New Crafts in 5.2?

    Ive heard that new crafting sets for plate/cloth/leather and mail will be released in 5.2. Can some1 confirm this? cause i cant find anything when i read the patch notes.

  2. #2
    Propably will drop as patterns in raids, like they always do. I don't think they will add new epic crafts available outside of raiding.

  3. #3
    Professions in WoW was only good in the start of the game... Then I never saw it point

  4. #4
    Mechagnome nightguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    san antonio,tx
    Posts
    542
    As the heroes conquer the Isle, they will unlock the powerful Lightning Forge, which will allow Blacksmiths to forge mighty raid-worthy items, as well as classic weapons from the past.(from the 5.2 on wow site)
    Not sure if there is gonna be something tailors and leather workers tho.

  5. #5
    Lightning Steel Ingot will probably be involved dunno if it requires anything from inside the raid however.

  6. #6
    I heard the blue pvp gear was gonna get upgraded

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by risbonden View Post
    I heard the blue pvp gear was gonna get upgraded
    This.

    full new sets of blue PVP armour can be made (though I dont know if they replace the current recipies rather than being brand new recipies yet)

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral furydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,068
    Ya PvP gear is like the ONLY thing they ever update things like the ENG goggles are good for one week...till you get raid gear then it's never seen again.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

  9. #9
    Leatherworking, tailoring and blacksmithing will get crafting plans for 2 slots (most likely legs and wrists) of approximate ilvl 515, which is supposed ilvl for 5.2 normal raid drops. They will be dropping in raids from trash at absurdly low drop rate. They will require profession related cds + some drops from t15 bosses.

    How do I know this? Profession system was so direly streamlined, that I can tell you what will be the crafts in expansion X, tier Y.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-12-27 at 11:23 PM.

  10. #10
    hope 5.2 will also add some LW and tailoring recipes like it does BS (outside of the new raid drop patterns).

    4.2 in firelands added new stuff for engineering and BS, but nothing for LW/Tailor. and i be really dissapointed if its agian like this

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Leatherworking, tailoring and blacksmithing will get crafting plans for 2 slots (most likely legs and wrists) of approximate ilvl 515, which is supposed ilvl for 5.2 normal raid drops. They will be dropping in raids from trash at absurdly low drop rate. They will require profession related cds + some drops from t15 bosses.

    How do I know this? Profession system was so direly streamlined, that I can tell you what will be the crafts in expansion X, tier Y.
    Thats what common sense and past history says.But history says : past tier heroic ilvl + 6 = current tier normal ilvl.

    So 515 for ToT but now we got valor upgrades and then a valor upgraded piece of 517 is ...better than normal tier? I dont see Blizzard doing a tier where heroic raiders dont have an upgrade on normal mode...or maybe yes.

    Anyway no matter the path they choose one rule will be broken: "past hc ilvl +6 = normal ilvl" or "hc gear gets upgraded on next normal tier".

  12. #12
    All pvp parts from JC/Tailoring/BS/LW will be upgraded from 450 ilvl to 458 ilvl.

  13. #13
    They might have the new blue pvp gear come from patterns rather than instantly upgraded because of the new gear upgrade system.

  14. #14
    Wrong of me the pvp parts will prob not be upgraded, the recipes will be.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPassanger View Post
    Professions in WoW was only good in the start of the game... Then I never saw it point
    They are good money makers... If that isn't enough, they give other perks as well.

  16. #16
    need to do something to engineering right now its more worthless than elder coins

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by jenituls View Post
    need to do something to engineering right now its more worthless than elder coins
    BiS MH and BiS bracers from bonus rolls says hi

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,533
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    hope 5.2 will also add some LW and tailoring recipes like it does BS (outside of the new raid drop patterns).

    4.2 in firelands added new stuff for engineering and BS, but nothing for LW/Tailor. and i be really dissapointed if its agian like this
    The daily area added 365 ilvl weapon recipes to Engi/BS. BS/LW/Tailor got the basic 378 ilvl crafted recipes from FL.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 09:37 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPassanger View Post
    Professions in WoW was only good in the start of the game... Then I never saw it point
    Do rings have no point? Does your neck piece have a point? Currently, BESIDES the crafting part of profs, having a max profession offers a 5% power gain over no profession- 2 proffesions, around 10% power gain over no professions. If you raid/pvp without 2 professions, you might as well be missing rings/neck pieces.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 09:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jenituls View Post
    need to do something to engineering right now its more worthless than elder coins
    In terms of.. crafted epics? combat bonuses? crafted pieces?

    Engineering currently has the most versatile combat bonuses, and the BEST burst-combat bonus. You also have Glider for extreme mobility, speed boosts. For crafting, you have a pet, Blingtron (Whose usefulness is debatable), the ability to find EXTRA nodes, ability to port to somewhere in Pandaria, 2 mounts that can sell for a decent profit depending on server, ect. For crafting, well, it WOULD be nice if we can make a LFR ilvl range weapon. Seriously, only 3 specs out of the currently 34 specs can actually use guns/bows, at least before 5.0, we had warriors/rogues to sell to.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  19. #19
    might be a thing, we shall see

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by risbonden View Post
    All pvp parts from JC/Tailoring/BS/LW will be upgraded from 450 ilvl to 458 ilvl.

    hahahah then you realize malevolent 483 will cost honor and people will just bot alterac valley for 2 days and have a full set.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •