Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    The stereotype comes from somewhere and the "USA rules and u suck!!" people exist, but they are a minority and are the most common target of satire here.
    Haha, I realize that now, though media depictions of the US were... Frightening before I came to see for myself. It's unfortunate that so many people have negative view of America based on media, just because rednecks make better comedy in a sitcom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gun ownership has risen though. I doubt it has a correlation at all. Most crime is done because of economic reasons.
    yes it has

but the states with the most guns *except for a rare few i can only t hink of 2* have the most crime in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Its not like the right wing wants guns either.

Nor would our laws allow you to fire said gun without repercussions in many instances.
    I love our access to firearms but big segments f out society have no respect or education about guns. You need that. Ask Switzerland how to be responsible and still have practically any guns you want.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

I love our access to firearms but big segments f out society have no respect or education about guns. You need that. Ask Switzerland how to be responsible and still have practically any guns you want.
    I believe that due to their weapon laws concerning soldiers get 7 people killed a year by their soldiers service rifles alone.

I truly honestly beleive other countries dont think we are as bad as we think we are.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    yes it has

but the states with the most guns *except for a rare few i can only t hink of 2* have the most crime in general.
    Vermont has the most guns? Keep in mind Vermont's gun laws are by far the most free. Open carry of both long rifles and handguns in Public with the exception of Schools and Government buildings.

You always hear the violence in Vermont don't you?

--

Also Connecticut (Newtown shooting) has some of the most strict gun laws in the country next to a couple other New England states and Illinois. They issue handgun permits selectively (you cannot buy a gun without a permit in CT) as well as long rifle permits selectively.

Please explain how the states with the most guns have the highest crime rate... it is directly related to cost of living.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    yes it has

That isn't true actually. There is no correlation. Consider this, as it addresses your point quite directly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRjxEAWwagc

I live in Chicago which has the most murders per year and very tight gun laws, so I have some first hand knowledge about the subject.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 04:22 AM ----------

I believe that due to their weapon laws concerning soldiers get 7 people killed a year by their soldiers service rifles alone.
    That's not really an issue in my opinion. It's just a reality that stuff like that will happen. 40 people get killed here per year trying to steal from vending machines and they end up getting crushed
    Last edited by GreatOak; 2013-01-01 at 04:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    I truly honestly beleive other countries dont think we are as bad as we think we are.
    I've wanted to go to america for some time, and I'm not put off by guns in the least, I'm just as likely to be stabbed in manchester tbh, well possibly not, but the point is, I could be hurt wherever I go.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    But but but all we americans are evil gun toting bible thumping rednecks...

right?
    Right.

10charlll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I've wanted to go to america for some time, and I'm not put off by guns in the least, I'm just as likely to be stabbed in manchester tbh, well possibly not, but the point is, I could be hurt wherever I go.
    I've heard dozens of tales about how dangerous Manchester, Glasgow, and Liverpool are but it never stopped me from going to Britain. I like Britain as much as my own country.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've heard dozens of tales about how dangerous Manchester, Glasgow, and Liverpool are but it never stopped me from going to Britain. I like Britain as much as my own country.
    Clearly you never been to Narnia, it is way better than UK, US, Sweden whatever
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Clearly you never been to Narnia, it is way better than UK, US, Sweden whatever
    I dunno, first visit to narnia for me I was attacked by some mad bitch with an army of beasts.

Thank you for the videos in this thread, I'm going to link them around. They are really informative and not just fear mongering bullshit.

Deleted
    Coming from Denmark i can say that i would probably find all other countries dangerous.

Norway: Bears
    Sweden: Mooses
    USA: Guns
    Russia: Drunk Russians
    Finland: Fins with knives
    Australia: Everything
    Italy: Volcanos and the mob
    Switzerland: Avalanches

I think i would feel safe in New Zealand if it wasnt so damn close to Australia and I fear spiders developing wings!
    Just you wait, some day a moose will swim over to Denmark and go on a rampage

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Fuck no, danes are crazy. They will throw potatos at them and maim them
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I love how guns are permitted everywhere in some states but not in schools or government buildings but americans still pull the "guns don't kill people, people do". well then why the f* can't you wear them ANYWHERE. It is beyond me how some people don't realize that in a tough fight with your husband/wife/family in general a gun just laying around can actually make you do something you normally wouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds reasonable enough that it's being considered equipping teachers with guns, so if there's a student starting a school shooting.., some teacher could incapacitate / wack him / her

In that belief, police having faster cars should mean there was less speeding on the streets, the whole Guns don't kill people, people do mantra, is a display of ignorance and incompetence at the absolute highest level.
    Since it's unlikely that gun legislation will ever be dramatically changed due to the money involved, and some politicians actively investing in weapon related companies, the logical step would be to implement metal detectors at all entrances in all schools, with a couple of security guards at said entrances.., yes it would take time getting students / teachers in through the doors in the morning.., but the other "alternative" is not an option tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Sadly Denmark is becoming equally fucked up with weapons, there's always been guns about.., but knives now seem to be standard equipment when people go out, I guess these things are necessary to be in the "cool kids" club..
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2013-01-01 at 05:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    I love how guns are permitted everywhere in some states but not in schools or government buildings but americans still pull the "guns don't kill people, people do". well then why the f* can't you wear them ANYWHERE. It is beyond me how some people don't realize that in a tough fight with your husband/wife/family in general a gun just laying around can actually make you do something you normally wouldn't.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_ca..._United_States
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_carry

Here you go champ

10+ Year Old Account
    It is always amazing just how easy it is to skew public opinion by displaying select 'facts' and the use of what has come to be known as 'the big lie' say it often enough and loud enough and long enough and eventually people will believe it.

I was actually quite surprised how our crime statistics have changed over the last decade, and have new curiousity to look further. This has been thought provoking and worth the time spent here.

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    If i wanted to kill someone i wouldnt need a gun, i could use a pen or a pencil or a kitchen knife or fuck i could slit thier throats with the cards in my wallet, Lets outlaw all of them. Just becuase somenthing is easy to use to kill someone doesnt make it the objects fault. Plenty of people get stabbed when getting in fights with spouses or family members in kitchens yet i dont see a holy crusade to ban knifes.

If someone wants to get a gun to shoot and kill people im pretty fucking sure a ban isnt going to stop them. I dont do drugs at all but in under an hour i could have my pick of illegal drugs. Just becuase somthing is illegal doesnt mean that it will stop people from doing it or using it. If i remember correctly from the new stories the dude that shot up the school didnt even use his rifle he shot the kids with a pistol.