1. #1

    Nelf vs Human with Subterfuge

    I honestly think nelf could be better than Human rogue with subterfuge. Now we wouldnt have to worry about stealth breaking so fast if we were nelf. That would essentially work like a vanish (better than ever before cause subterfuge though) and we could still keep shadow step..
    What do you guise think?

  2. #2
    Could be wrong, but I doubt subterfuge works on shadowmeld just like it doesn't work on vanish. Now I believe you can stealth after shadowmelding, but you would need to make it that far before something broke your shadowmeld.

  3. #3

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Could be wrong, but I doubt subterfuge works on shadowmeld just like it doesn't work on vanish. Now I believe you can stealth after shadowmelding, but you would need to make it that far before something broke your shadowmeld.
    Just run a little ways away... Shadowmeld then stealth really quickly. You could probably get away from your target and back in a sprint

  4. #4
    Field Marshal Delighted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Twisting Nether
    Posts
    53
    With the massive amount of AoE attacks the latest expansions has brought upon us, i dont think your idea will work very welll.

  5. #5
    Shadow Focus and Subterfuge do not work with shadowmeld.

    Openers DO work with shadowmeld. As a night elf, you should have a button for shadowmeld + opener- for instance, I use shadowmeld + ambush in pve (sub only) and rarely in pvp, shadowmeld + cheapshot much more commonly, and shadowmeld + garrote decently as well. You can also save shadowmeld to use defensively. Moving away from people, melding, and stealthing CAN work, but it is very much NOT reliable.

    In pvp right now, I'm pretty sure the hierarchy is undead > human, and I'm not sure how far below night elf is- probably not very far, because shadowmeld is actually pretty good. But it seems more players are having success with human than nelf.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    But it seems more players are having success with human than nelf.
    That's mostly becouse many rogues went humans in previous expansion to abuse vial + on use trinket. I played a nelf rogue till switching to human a week ago (got bored of model heh) and i should say that melt is a very reliable way to restealth, even more so with subterfurge allowing you 3 sec window to open even after imediate aoe. Unless Blizz introduce another gamebreaking trinket many might switch to nelf for pvp purpose imo.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    That's mostly becouse many rogues went humans in previous expansion to abuse vial + on use trinket. I played a nelf rogue till switching to human a week ago (got bored of model heh) and i should say that melt is a very reliable way to restealth, even more so with subterfurge allowing you 3 sec window to open even after imediate aoe. Unless Blizz introduce another gamebreaking trinket many might switch to nelf for pvp purpose imo.
    If there's one certainty in life it is that Blizzard will always introduce a "gamebreaking trinket".

    They like to make the trinkets and tier set bonuses more interesting as the expansion goes on. The first tier you typically see just flat damage increases on set bonuses and flat stat bonuses on trinket procs. Subsequent tiers typically add more flavor to pve tier bonuses and interesting trinket procs like Vial and DBW.

    The only way to really curb the abuse of pve trinkets in pvp is to make the pvp power bonuses given by the pvp trinkets too good to pass up.

  8. #8
    Whilst I see what you are saying, I dont think it outweigh's the 1000 or so extra pvp power from being a human.

  9. #9
    It can work, it will work, but wether you get a chance in competitive PvP is another thing, like delighted said with AoE's and not to mention timing DoTs so you can successfully get a shadowmeld>stealth

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    That's mostly becouse many rogues went humans in previous expansion to abuse vial + on use trinket. I played a nelf rogue till switching to human a week ago (got bored of model heh) and i should say that melt is a very reliable way to restealth, even more so with subterfurge allowing you 3 sec window to open even after imediate aoe. Unless Blizz introduce another gamebreaking trinket many might switch to nelf for pvp purpose imo.
    More like many, many players of all classes have switched to human since the start of WotLK to use double pve (or at least double dps) trinkets. Its not just a vial thing. Deathbringers Will and Deathwhisper's skull (I think that was the 10m one off the 2nd boss, might be off on the name) was also incredibly good for arena. Pretty much every dps class was doing that too.

  11. #11
    Whispering Fang Skull was that 10m trinket. :]

    I think with the new passive stats on the PvP Trinket, it's enough to make the Nelf racial slightly better. Imo of course.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •