Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    i personally hated the cata arcane mage mana mangement game
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    i personally hated the cata arcane mage mana mangement game
    This. Anyone who said Arcane is easy, just spam one button, blah, blah, had no idea how difficult arcane was. For as easy as everyone thinks arcane was, I've probably only seen one or two mages ever play arcane properly. In Cata.

  3. #23
    Energy. Combo points don't count as a resource, they are a modifier; all CP using moves still require energy, unlike Chi. Energy is the most complex and a primary reason why rogues are so unpopular. Good rogues deal tons of damage and can be a real pain in pvp, but the energy system requires patience and doesn't facilitate spamming in most cases.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 09:13 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This. Anyone who said Arcane is easy, just spam one button, blah, blah, had no idea how difficult arcane was. For as easy as everyone thinks arcane was, I've probably only seen one or two mages ever play arcane properly. In Cata.
    Even if they were playing it "improperly" in Firelands they were topping the meter...

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    All of these people saying runes, haha!
    Keep in mind, "most complicated" is a relative measure. It doesn't require the system to be complicated in an absolute sense, just more complicated than the other systems... and I think Runes + Runic Power qualify on that count. If you disagree, feel free to explain why.

    The discussion is also about resource systems, not class mechanics, which vary not only by class but by spec. If your point is that the way Unholy uses the resource system makes it simpler in practice, that doesn't change the fact that the resource system is more complicated as a system, it just means that it was implemented in a way that is not complicated to use.

  5. #25
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Energy. Combo points don't count as a resource, they are a modifier; all CP using moves still require energy, unlike Chi. Energy is the most complex and a primary reason why rogues are so unpopular. Good rogues deal tons of damage and can be a real pain in pvp, but the energy system requires patience and doesn't facilitate spamming in most cases.
    What? Energy is one of the easiest resource systems. It's completely passive, and only requires you to use your regular attacks as the energy becomes available. DK runes is like having 3-6 energy bars, and that's not even taking into account rune power.

    As you said yourself, the only thing the energy system requires is patience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •