View Poll Results: What would it be?

Voters
374. You may not vote on this poll
  • Happy

    224 59.89%
  • ANGRY

    150 40.11%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    I would quit pretty much random battlegrounds have no line of sight and every offensive spell has a 40 yard they made way to much stuff in this game unavoidable.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

  2. #162
    Why cant blizzard just do that spells behave in 2 ways, 1 in world/dungeon/raids and 1 in BG/Arena/other pvp places
    This should have been implemented in like TBC/wotl
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

  3. #163
    Bloodsail Admiral nerdjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,097
    Every time one of these threads pops up, I'm utterly shocked that so many people fully believe that an otherwise flawless PvE balance is mangled and ruined for the sake of PvPers. Changes are almost all based on control, and on the rare occasion that throughput is actually adjusted its because that same imbalance exists in PvE.

    I get that most people prefer PvE for whatever reason, but it seems a little rude that you should think an area of the game you don't bother with should be outright removed because of imagined consequences it has on you. I don't bother with PvE anymore, but I'm not complaining about it (despite actual changes that negatively affect PvP balance--see s11 fire mages).

  4. #164
    Herald of the Titans Lothaeryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Every time one of these threads pops up, I'm utterly shocked that so many people fully believe that an otherwise flawless PvE balance is mangled and ruined for the sake of PvPers. Changes are almost all based on control, and on the rare occasion that throughput is actually adjusted its because that same imbalance exists in PvE.

    I get that most people prefer PvE for whatever reason, but it seems a little rude that you should think an area of the game you don't bother with should be outright removed because of imagined consequences it has on you. I don't bother with PvE anymore, but I'm not complaining about it (despite actual changes that negatively affect PvP balance--see s11 fire mages).
    The problem is, Arenas do affect class balance a great amount, in fact, Blizzard got to the point where they were so sick of trying to balance classes that they said "fuck it" for 2v2 arena teams, and said 3v3 is what we are balancing class power around now.

    the problem is Arenas are far too fickle and niche to allow wiggle room for class balancing, every single change affects how effective an entire class will be in arenas, and when buffs are handed out it almost assuredly skews the composition of classes that dominate the next Arena season, the same thing goes for nerfs.

    And then, when blizzard finds a certain class is "outperforming" everyone else by a large margin, either because their CC's are too strong for 3's or their burst capability is too unpredictable, they proceed to heavily nerf those particular skills entirely, so much in the reverse that it almost breaks those skills' usefulness in pvp and PvE alike sometimes.

    Now, I am not advocating something as stupid as removing all PvP altogether, but the Arena aspect of PvP has by far caused serious damage to the viability of certain class compositions, some of which were so severe it made their usefullness in PvE almost null and void too (cases in the past: ret paladins early cata, resto shamans, arcane mages, fury warriors, and rogues) <- each of those classes and spec builds have been affected by changes that were required because at one point in time or another they were either too effective in PvP because of a certain skillset or ability, or were buffed and causing imbalances because they were not "viable" enough in the arena rosters for too long.

    Trying to deny that PvP has affected PvE in WoW is like saying the broken bone in your arm isn't why your arm is hurting in the first place.
    And should he be a prophet of It's coming, he shall be cast out by his kin and his peers, for they cannot comprehend and fear the end of the corrupt empire. - Unknown, 3/1/2012
    I am Lothaeryn, Dragonborn of Nirn and Paladin of Azeroth. Hear my voice and tremble... Bask in my radiance and be inspired...
    For I am the Hand of Dawn, and justice shall be done by my shout and by my blade.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    40%? What the fuck are you smoking? This game was built on PvE. When did battleground get added? Here's a hint, months after release. Don't fucking act like PvP is anywhere close of importance to PvE.

    If you want PvP go play Cod.
    I wish I wasn't so lazy so I could find that blue post that basically says you're wrong. Says something like "contrary to popular belief, we're concerned with pve just as much as we are with pvp and game is about the two things equally".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I wish I wasn't so lazy so I could find that blue post that basically says you're wrong. Says something like "contrary to popular belief, we're concerned with pve just as much as we are with pvp and game is about the two things equally".
    If a blue really said that then he should be fired.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I wish I wasn't so lazy so I could find that blue post that basically says you're wrong. Says something like "contrary to popular belief, we're concerned with pve just as much as we are with pvp and game is about the two things equally".
    lol and here i have already posted the link to where they said they regret arena, so yea...
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    I don't understand how valor and gold have anything to do with one another. Daily quests give you gold and valor. Professions give you gold. It's as if you wanted a smoothie and I made you one with a straw and you told me you didn't want it because you don't use straws...

  8. #168
    The last few seasons I would have been pissed and mabye stopped playing. This season I don't care for much of the pvp changes so I haven't done any areans or rbgs and only a few bgs which bots are destroying.

    It would be nice to not have toons I would never or never pvp on not nerfed becasue something us busted or abused in pvp though.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  9. #169
    Dreadlord Silver-Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Far, Far Away.
    Posts
    775
    I would be happy but for the sake of argument I would hope they would only be removed to be redesigned. Back to the drawing board then released in a later content patch with better implementation. I think Blizzard did admit they weren't prepared for the issues regarding balancing classes when they opened up the arenas in the Burning Crusade expansion. I think they just need to be reworked is all, not thrown in the garbage, just added a little more so arena doesn't affect they way classes are changed as a whole, affecting players who don't participate in the arena.
    "Enjoy your power"

  10. #170
    If they took out arenas I'd question re-subscribing since they are a big part of my playtime in WoW.
    Signature created by Engelen <3

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    PvE nerfs such as what?
    I really don't see blizzard doing any PvE nerfs because of pvp...

    Frost Mages and Subtlety Rogues have never been terrible in PvE due to PvP balance. No. Not ever.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 11:45 PM ----------

    The only BG they should leave in the game is Temple of Kotmogu, since it's a complete zergfest where balance doesn't matter that much.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Now, I am not advocating something as stupid as removing all PvP altogether, but the Arena aspect of PvP has by far caused serious damage to the viability of certain class compositions, some of which were so severe it made their usefullness in PvE almost null and void too (cases in the past: ret paladins early cata, resto shamans, arcane mages, fury warriors, and rogues) <- each of those classes and spec builds have been affected by changes that were required because at one point in time or another they were either too effective in PvP because of a certain skillset or ability, or were buffed and causing imbalances because they were not "viable" enough in the arena rosters for too long.

    Trying to deny that PvP has affected PvE in WoW is like saying the broken bone in your arm isn't why your arm is hurting in the first place.
    I really don't think PvP affects PvE as much as the other way around. I also don't get what you mean with those classes you mentioned... are you saying they had to get nerfed in PvP and also got nerfed in PvE? Ret paladin weren't good at the start of cata in PvP, what nerf are you talking about? Resto shamans were average in PvP at the start of cata and got buffed into godmode by 15 % mastery increase because of PvE only (and made the whole cata expansion shit for arena with one single PvE buff). Arcane mages? Useless in arena during the whole cata, why would they get nerfed in PvE? Fury warriors - only played because arms was so shit. Rogues were decent throughout the whole cata (s9 dk/rogue/healer was beyong stupid, just not played much) and got sick dmg buffs because of PvE.

    Which brings me to my 2nd point. Non-hybrid classes should have one spec focused for PvP and 2 for PvE - i. e. frost mages, arms warrs, sub rogues, unh dks, mm hunters, ua or destro locks. Those should be PvP and if the other specs aren't viable, tough luck. But there also shouldn't be bitching about those being bad in PvE.

  13. #173
    Stood in the Fire Zarintha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    385
    I'd be pretty pissed to be honest. I'm not even good when I play arena matches, but I still enjoy them. I prefer BG's but I don't see the point in removing something that so many people enjoy and play the game for just because a few people have an issue with it. The way I see it, the should just make spells act differently in BG's/arenas so any nerfs for pvp won't have an effect on pve. Pretty sure they already done this with healing in pvp, shouldn't be hard to do it with damage either.

  14. #174
    Poor choices, as someone who got bored of the hyper-repetitive honor grind way back in BC I couldn't care less if it was in the game or not.

    I will say back when I did pvp for the majority of my wow playtime, I was thrilled when arena was put in the game. We used to run roaming 5v5 days in random zones organized by the top guilds, was nice when a real ladder system was put in place.

    I find anyone who says happy to be pretty sad to be honest - why would you be happy to see something people enjoy being removed from the game? If you don't like it, don't participate in it. Simple as that.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Frost Mages and Subtlety Rogues have never been terrible in PvE due to PvP balance. No. Not ever.
    Frost and Subtlety have never been PvE specs.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    Finally, no more PvE nerfs due to stupid PvP bull crap.
    ^this^

    no more QQ arena crybabies

  17. #177
    Pit Lord Lilija's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Częstochowa Poland
    Posts
    2,498
    None. Last time I did any PvP was before ToC was released.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 05:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    Finally, no more PvE nerfs due to stupid PvP bull crap.
    Good point

  18. #178
    I don't do rated PvP at all but I think it has its place in this game. I wouldn't like the removal of the arena PvP.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Why cant blizzard just do that spells behave in 2 ways, 1 in world/dungeon/raids and 1 in BG/Arena/other pvp places
    This should have been implemented in like TBC/wotl
    The context needs to be target, not location.

  20. #180
    i know I responded to another thread about "what one thing would you like to see removed from WoW?" I had said Arena. But its something alot of players enjoy. Perhaps the best option is what I had said at the end. Have abilities do different things in PvE and PvP. the numbers would be easier to tweak at the cost of slightly more complex tooltips.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •