374. This poll is closed
  • Happy

224 59.89%
  • ANGRY

150 40.11%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    40%? What the fuck are you smoking? This game was built on PvE. When did battleground get added? Here's a hint, months after release. Don't fucking act like PvP is anywhere close of importance to PvE.

If you want PvP go play Cod.
    I wish I wasn't so lazy so I could find that blue post that basically says you're wrong. Says something like "contrary to popular belief, we're concerned with pve just as much as we are with pvp and game is about the two things equally".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I wish I wasn't so lazy so I could find that blue post that basically says you're wrong. Says something like "contrary to popular belief, we're concerned with pve just as much as we are with pvp and game is about the two things equally".
    If a blue really said that then he should be fired.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    lol and here i have already posted the link to where they said they regret arena, so yea...

The last few seasons I would have been pissed and mabye stopped playing. This season I don't care for much of the pvp changes so I haven't done any areans or rbgs and only a few bgs which bots are destroying.

It would be nice to not have toons I would never or never pvp on not nerfed becasue something us busted or abused in pvp though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be happy but for the sake of argument I would hope they would only be removed to be redesigned. Back to the drawing board then released in a later content patch with better implementation. I think Blizzard did admit they weren't prepared for the issues regarding balancing classes when they opened up the arenas in the Burning Crusade expansion. I think they just need to be reworked is all, not thrown in the garbage, just added a little more so arena doesn't affect they way classes are changed as a whole, affecting players who don't participate in the arena.

If they took out arenas I'd question re-subscribing since they are a big part of my playtime in WoW.
    Signature created by Engelen <3

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    PvE nerfs such as what?
    I really don't see blizzard doing any PvE nerfs because of pvp...

Frost Mages and Subtlety Rogues have never been terrible in PvE due to PvP balance. No. Not ever.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 11:45 PM ----------

The only BG they should leave in the game is Temple of Kotmogu, since it's a complete zergfest where balance doesn't matter that much.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Deleted
    I'd be pretty pissed to be honest. I'm not even good when I play arena matches, but I still enjoy them. I prefer BG's but I don't see the point in removing something that so many people enjoy and play the game for just because a few people have an issue with it. The way I see it, the should just make spells act differently in BG's/arenas so any nerfs for pvp won't have an effect on pve. Pretty sure they already done this with healing in pvp, shouldn't be hard to do it with damage either.

Poor choices, as someone who got bored of the hyper-repetitive honor grind way back in BC I couldn't care less if it was in the game or not.

I will say back when I did pvp for the majority of my wow playtime, I was thrilled when arena was put in the game. We used to run roaming 5v5 days in random zones organized by the top guilds, was nice when a real ladder system was put in place.

I find anyone who says happy to be pretty sad to be honest - why would you be happy to see something people enjoy being removed from the game? If you don't like it, don't participate in it. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Frost Mages and Subtlety Rogues have never been terrible in PvE due to PvP balance. No. Not ever.
    Frost and Subtlety have never been PvE specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    Finally, no more PvE nerfs due to stupid PvP bull crap.
    ^this^

no more QQ arena crybabies

15+ Year Old Account
    None. Last time I did any PvP was before ToC was released.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    Finally, no more PvE nerfs due to stupid PvP bull crap.
    Good point

I don't do rated PvP at all but I think it has its place in this game. I wouldn't like the removal of the arena PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Why cant blizzard just do that spells behave in 2 ways, 1 in world/dungeon/raids and 1 in BG/Arena/other pvp places
    This should have been implemented in like TBC/wotl
    The context needs to be target, not location.

i know I responded to another thread about "what one thing would you like to see removed from WoW?" I had said Arena. But its something alot of players enjoy. Perhaps the best option is what I had said at the end. Have abilities do different things in PvE and PvP. the numbers would be easier to tweak at the cost of slightly more complex tooltips.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    And then, when blizzard finds a certain class is "outperforming" everyone else by a large margin, either because their CC's are too strong for 3's or their burst capability is too unpredictable, they proceed to heavily nerf those particular skills entirely, so much in the reverse that it almost breaks those skills' usefulness in pvp and PvE alike sometimes.

Now, I am not advocating something as stupid as removing all PvP altogether, but the Arena aspect of PvP has by far caused serious damage to the viability of certain class compositions, some of which were so severe it made their usefullness in PvE almost null and void too (cases in the past: ret paladins early cata, resto shamans, arcane mages, fury warriors, and rogues) <- each of those classes and spec builds have been affected by changes that were required because at one point in time or another they were either too effective in PvP because of a certain skillset or ability, or were buffed and causing imbalances because they were not "viable" enough in the arena rosters for too long.

Trying to deny that PvP has affected PvE in WoW is like saying the broken bone in your arm isn't why your arm is hurting in the first place.
    I agree with you until here. I honestly cannot remember the last time a throughput nerf went through for the sake of PvP, unless you're going to argue for the influence PvP may have had on pre-expansion restructuring patches (we don't know how true that is; you'd just be looking for a scapegoat).

Of your examples, I'm not really sure what you're trying to point out to be completely honest. Ret was weak across the board at Cataclysm launch if I recall correctly. Shaman were the strongest PvP healer from day one of Cataclysm and still are to this day, yet was fed nothing but buffs for the sake of PvE. Arcane and fury aren't really known as PvP specs, so I don't know how those correlate with arena balance. Rogues had always been one of the strongest PvP classes and they're much weaker now after 5.0, but to put that all on arena balance is nothing more than a guess. It could just as likely be that their plan to bolster numbers with legendary daggers was overly effective and they wanted to lower rogue numbers again. I doubt rogues' low damage is a result of arena balance though, as they've been balancing almost entirely on control adjustments recently. Besides, rogues' damage is the one thing they still have going for them. They've still got enough burst to kill someone, they just have gimped mobility and survivability now.

Historically, I think PvE balance has had a larger effect on PvP than vice versa, but I'm sure it's gone both ways to some degree.

I still find it funny that so many people claim they would quit because all they do is pvp.

To each his own I guess, but why would you strictly pvp in wow when there are literally hundreds of other games where the pvp is 100% better?
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I really don't think PvP affects PvE as much as the other way around. I also don't get what you mean with those classes you mentioned... are you saying they had to get nerfed in PvP and also got nerfed in PvE? Ret paladin weren't good at the start of cata in PvP, what nerf are you talking about? Resto shamans were average in PvP at the start of cata and got buffed into godmode by 15 % mastery increase because of PvE only (and made the whole cata expansion shit for arena with one single PvE buff). Arcane mages? Useless in arena during the whole cata, why would they get nerfed in PvE? Fury warriors - only played because arms was so shit. Rogues were decent throughout the whole cata (s9 dk/rogue/healer was beyong stupid, just not played much) and got sick dmg buffs because of PvE.
    When i said those classes I didnt mean solely in Cataclysm alone, I was talking about those particular specs throughout WoW's life cycle, all of those classes had been nerfed or buffed due to problems in arena, and Paladins early cata were too powerful with Offhealing using WoG when it had no Cooldown (pretty much, they could get full holy power and WoG chain their teammates with a certain talent in prot, making them unkillable in 2's and 3's )

Resto shamans weren't doing well in arenas during ICC so they got buffed, making cata crappy cause they NEVER died... (remember doing 2's and 3's, we would CC his freind, then pop our CD's and he had mortal strike applied, he still never went below 50% because of their ability to heal while moving, i think it was healing rain that allowed them to do that?) Even killing them in BG's were rediculous, a decently geared shaman took 6 people to kill him sometimes.

I understand not all of my examples seem clear, but those were the ones that came to mind first.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2013-01-02 at 06:19 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    I'd unsub, but I wouldn't be angry.

The games gone downhill so much since Wrath I'd barely care anymore, it'd just be the final nail in the coffin.

PvE affects PvP, PvP affects PvE; when it comes down to it the only reason this is an issue is because of the developers shortcomings, they're totally incompetent when it comes to juggling the two.

To each his own I guess, but why would you strictly pvp in wow when there are literally hundreds of other games where the pvp is 100% better?
    In terms of style, WoW PvP is still the best in its genre. Why would you PvE in a 8 year old dated MMO? Also people do both PvE and PvP, and they'd still quit if one/the other got removed.
    Last edited by mmoc44ab44658a; 2013-01-02 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    I still find it funny that so many people claim they would quit because all they do is pvp.

Because when push comes to shove it's not. It might be more balanced but not always more fun in other games. The smoothness of wow pvp, the reaction, counter reaction and counter counter reaction, ability variance, lack of latency, movement etc. all make it just more...slick than any other mmo.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15