Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Rogue Buffs in 5.2

    Looking at how they're going to make preperation baseline alongside some other buffs, are our rogue overlords from the end of Cataclysm finally returning to reign supreme once more or is this merely going to bring them up to par with everyone else?

  2. #2
    They're getting over-buffed. I would be surprised if all the changes make it.

  3. #3
    Possibly a bit too OP if cloak and dagger can be used with Shadow Dance - 30energy BoS is a nice fix to mobility without it being too strong (not breaking roots) and baseline prep is exactly what we needed.

    Thanks Blizzard!
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

  4. #4
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,345
    I think the monk changes warrant far more discussion than the slight improvements to rogue pvp (it's not as much as you're thinking, the biggest change is the pvp set bonuses)
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  5. #5
    Bloodsail Admiral Imbashiethz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,164
    What will open most peoples eyes are probably the "Dagger and Cloak" talent. But really, shadowstep will probably be taken instead most of the time. If you never heard of shadowstep before and got introduced to both of the talents they would seem equally good. Rogue burst takes set up, you cant just blow dance and go at it, which you need to do, as you cant teleport unless you are stealthed or use dance. Shadowstep seems better. The entire class doesnt revolve around shadowdance.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 01:10 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I think the monk changes warrant far more discussion than the slight improvements to rogue pvp (it's not as much as you're thinking, the biggest change is the pvp set bonuses)
    This. I have 3 level 90 rogues and will be leveling my monk for 5.2.

  6. #6
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,706
    Good think my rogue is sitting at 85, might as well level him quickly to 90 so I can at least pick up gladiator tittle for next season... Unless some magic happens and they suddenly decide to fix warlocks instead of taking a dump on them >.>

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I think the monk changes warrant far more discussion than the slight improvements to rogue pvp (it's not as much as you're thinking, the biggest change is the pvp set bonuses)
    I dont quite see what stops you from discussing this in a monk thread then. Its like walking into a conference about globalization and saying world hunger warrants more discussion when theres a world hunger conference across the hall.

    Wowhead and mmo champ seem to have diff info mentioned. Put them together and there are 3 abilities i'am seeing

    New Level 60 Talent: Cloak and Dagger: Ambush, Garrote, and Cheap Shot now have a 30 yard range, and will cause the Rogue to teleport behind the target.

    New Level 90 Talent: Marked for Death: Marks a target and instantly generates 5 combo points. When that target dies, Marked for Death's cooldown is reset. This talent has a 1 minute cooldown.

    Hit and Run: Immediately teleport to a targeted location, leaving a shadow of yourself behind. Upon activating the effect a second time, or after 10 sec, you will return to your shadow's location.

    For hit and run. Very interesting and i can see much use of this in pvp, arena and PVE (like off the top of my head, in terrace i can cast it on the safe zone during the sha breath or during general AOE phases, or to release a curse like lighting prison or the 2nd mogu vaults bosses fire debuff/arcane explosions.)
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2012-12-22 at 01:50 PM.

  8. #8
    Cloak and Dagger is a bit OTT.

    Rest is cool tho, especially loving the PVP set bonus change.

    Monks got waaay more overbuffed though.

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord Nest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finlanders
    Posts
    4,840
    Overbuffed, Blizzard really has no clue about their game.

    Atleast Monks got buffed...
    Heyoo!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Overbuffed, Blizzard really has no clue about their game.

    Atleast Monks got buffed...
    You srs? Rogues got overbuffed yer but WW MOnks got waaaaaaay more overbuffed.

  11. #11
    i dont quite see how rogues are being over buffed. Combat cleave is being nerfed (maybe not as much as it currently says) and while prep is baseline, most of the new abilities are talents which means we have to choose them over other talents that are arguably as good or better (hopefully we'll see both as good for certain fights necessitating to change them according to the boss, adapt our chars to suit the situation more)

    New Level 60 Talent: Cloak and Dagger: Ambush, Garrote, and Cheap Shot now have a 30 yard range, and will cause the Rogue to teleport behind the target.

    this also has its uses and i like it but i can see why some would complain about it. And i find it hard to argue against those mentioning a shadowstep/stealth opener macro along with having an incombat shadowstep every CD.

    New Level 90 Talent: Marked for Death: Marks a target and instantly generates 5 combo points. When that target dies, Marked for Death's cooldown is reset. This talent has a 1 minute cooldown.

    Rather useful for trash and add heavy boss fights or a crutch/minor dps cd for boss fights.

    But will it be better than anticipation? i need to think more about how diff boss mechanics may put it above anticipation, probably high movement one's (in addition to add heavy one's that i've mentioned already)

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord Nest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finlanders
    Posts
    4,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    You srs? Rogues got overbuffed yer but WW MOnks got waaaaaaay more overbuffed.
    WW monks are trash, Rogues are doing somewhat fine in 5.1. Preparation (or ShS) baseline was pretty much known to happen, but that new set bonus is hilarious. xP
    Heyoo!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    What will open most peoples eyes are probably the "Dagger and Cloak" talent. But really, shadowstep will probably be taken instead most of the time. If you never heard of shadowstep before and got introduced to both of the talents they would seem equally good. Rogue burst takes set up, you cant just blow dance and go at it, which you need to do, as you cant teleport unless you are stealthed or use dance. Shadowstep seems better. The entire class doesnt revolve around shadowdance.
    I often drop combat sitting in roots (especially webs) - with cloak and dagger you've got a free step whenever that happens. Also don't forget that with dance you can teleport to your target, focus cheap/garrotte their healer and jump straight back to your target.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

  14. #14
    Banned Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,457
    Did anyone else LOL @ the Combat Rogue 75% Blade Flurry nerf? What exactly will be the point in Blade Flurry if this goes live. Will the 5% damage buff compensate for the nerf? Doesn't seem like it to me.

  15. #15
    not overbuffed atall tbh.

  16. #16
    Imo only overkill is the curent Prep itself reseting cos/smoke bomb/evasion. I'd be content with cos and smoke bomb removed from prep and rest remaining as it is.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    WW monks are trash, Rogues are doing somewhat fine in 5.1. Preparation (or ShS) baseline was pretty much known to happen, but that new set bonus is hilarious. xP
    Its funny rogues are as weak as monks are they both got way buffed but yet everyone is whining about rogues when ww's will likely be better.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Imo only overkill is the curent Prep itself reseting cos/smoke bomb/evasion. I'd be content with cos and smoke bomb removed from prep and rest remaining as it is.
    Smoke bomb hasn't been on prep for a while now.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Did anyone else LOL @ the Combat Rogue 75% Blade Flurry nerf? What exactly will be the point in Blade Flurry if this goes live. Will the 5% damage buff compensate for the nerf? Doesn't seem like it to me.
    after fire mages rogues were the most egregious offender when it came to shitting all over people in damage on cleave fights. blade flurry needed a nerf.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Smoke bomb hasn't been on prep for a while now.
    Totally my bad, even though i play rogue from time to time

    P.S. Well point about CoS remains, double CoS going to be a nightmare for any caster.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •