Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My memories of tBC are very, very clear and I have no recollection of arena players being any more or less elitist than people raiding BT and Sunwell.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    My memories of tBC are very, very clear and I have no recollection of arena players being any more or less elitist than people raiding BT and Sunwell.
    That really depended on the servers I think. Many raiders where elitists but many more also were not. I knew a few of them and was a raider for along time as well. Some raiders were the dicks who called people noobs and crap but many were pretty polite and would actually just tell you to gear up more before you could run the content and would even offer help on how to play and gear your class if you asked them nicely.

I know on my server, during TBC, getting the elitist attitude was frowned upon even by our top guild. They saw it as bad for the image and made it harder to recruit players, even risked getting a /gkick if you did it too much. Then WotLK came and made everything puggable so they didn't have to rely on a guild anymore for gear... Then the dicks and the ninja's crawled out the wood works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    Tons of High rated arena players would always be like:Lol Challenger, lol nice s2 shoulders scrub(During Season 3 when you had to get 1800 rating which at that time was like 2200 now), Lol nice 1800 ratings, etc. etc.

why is this?
    Wintrading , op fotm combos (this season hunter,warr,x) make rating pretty much meaningless.
    What's the point of being among the top when half wintraded and you rose so high by farming those bad players?
    Compared to that tbc felt mostly fine aside from pve heroes with warglaives.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2013-01-02 at 01:55 PM.

I remember TBC too, entire matches decided by mace spec procs. It was good times I guess.

It was the first time players were really able to obtain solid gear from some other means besides raiding. And because it made us feel all warm and fuzzy inside to call players who "conformed to Blizzard's wishes," PVE carebears.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    It was the first time players were really able to obtain solid gear from some other means besides raiding. And because it made us feel all warm and fuzzy inside to call players who "conformed to Blizzard's wishes," PVE carebears.
    lol, kinda funny cause I actually started calling the Arena guys who acted elitists "Arena sandbox babies" cause all they did was play in the sandbox. Was fun too cause I could typically kick their butts in inferior gear (except Warlocks, damn OP fear in TBC) when they tried to duel me.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Resto Druid and MS Warrior 2s to the top! Go!
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I remember them pricks back in TBC. I loved to duel them.

I played a feral druid and I PvPed in a mixture of Tier 4, Sunwell Badge gear, some odds and ends I had put together and a PvP trinket (still never managed to get me two of "The 2-Ring" to finish the set though).

I loved it, I had maybe 35 resilience dueling these full brutal geared e-dicks and handing them their asses to them over and over again. My favorite was this full brutal geared, 2200 ranked, discipline priest. It would be a 6 minute duel followed by 6 minutes of watching him bitch and calling feral overpowered follewed by another 6 minute duel and so on. Spent over an hour doing this before he finally gave up trying to duel.

I personally hated arena though, I only played when my friends were short on games. It seemed so dull to me, the second I saw the other team I could already see how the whole match played out unless someone didn't listen. Also helped my friend in 2s as a feral/rogue, still bored the crap out of us, but was fun destroying the resto/warrior combos back then, just stealth around till we caught the resto druid and then burned him down in a CC chain between our intro's (I pounce, he garrote) his kidney shot, my maim and cyclone.

Best sport I even had in a duel was a full brutal warrior, ended the fight with him dead with 100 rage and I still had about 90% life. Was a good sport about it but said he felt kinda bad to be dead and still have full rage.
    Wow, you are so cool, you are probably the best player in the world.
    Ohmygod, the amount of pussy you probably get being so awesome. Them chicks probably got a river of juices in their pants when you show them your awesome future telling in arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Wow, you are so cool, you are probably the best player in the world.
    Ohmygod, the amount of pussy you probably get being so awesome. Them chicks probably got a river of juices in their pants when you show them your awesome future telling in arenas.
    haha, Sarcasm noted. But hell no, was a fat fuck back then (quit during WotLK just before ICC came out). Lived on WoW too much, was a raider and avid PvPer and knew how to pick people apart. On the bright side, got too good at the auction house so my account paid for itself and bought me tires for my car and other such stuff.

Now since I quit WoW..... =)

haha, Sarcasm noted. But hell no, was a fat fuck back then (quit during WotLK just before ICC came out). Lived on WoW too much, was a raider and avid PvPer and knew how to pick people apart. On the bright side, got too good at the auction house so my account paid for itself and bought me tires for my car and other such stuff.

Now since I quit WoW..... =)
    Quit wow but still here?

Anyway, ferals in duels were near unbeatable in TBC. Playing them at high ratings in arena was a different story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    Tons of High rated arena players would always be like:Lol Challenger, lol nice s2 shoulders scrub(During Season 3 when you had to get 1800 rating which at that time was like 2200 now), Lol nice 1800 ratings, etc. etc.

why is this?
    Never met any .. And I have been playing since beta classic, and done lots of pvp in every possible way. Wpvp, randoms, rated, WG,TB, ashran ..
    Ofc I know that there will always be some rotten eggs, just never met any (at least not any I remember).
    But then again, depends on how much "omg" they have to be , for you calling them elitist. I mean, if people joins a BG in pve gear, and they gets called out for not wearing pvp gear, I find that acceptable. And that problem is being taken care off with Legion ..

Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    Quit wow but still here?

Anyway, ferals in duels were near unbeatable in TBC. Playing them at high ratings in arena was a different story.
    You necroed a thread from January 2013 by quoting me, lol.

But yes, I am still around. Dealing with a back injury and nerve damage due to military medical malpractice in 2012 which pretty well keeps me stuck and unable to do much physical. Hopefully when the VA is done fighting me and their own doctors and I am not so broke, I can afford to do something. But till then, I have no money, am too broke to go anywhere, and too broken to do much of anything. So here I am. And yes, I am still fighting them, hopefully by June of next year this bureaucratic crap can be over with.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

S1-3

1700- pretty good pvper
    1800- good pvper
    1900- excellent pvper
    2000- great pvper
    2100- elite

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    S1-3

1700- pretty good pvper
    1800- good pvper
    1900- excellent pvper
    2000- great pvper
    2100- elite
    Maybe if you add 200 rating to each of them, you really didn't see great players till 2200+ and no way in hell would I call someone at 2100 elite.

Deleted
    I loved the elitism in TBC. It was a gated community where people would accept you as equal once you proved your worth. It was a personal quest back then.

Deleted
    Most of them 2s Glads with some ridiculous comp: RDruid & Mace Spec Warr with Lolherald was hard...

Probably they felt like gods because people were impressed with successful players, showing off the best gear etc. Today, nobody cares.
    Mother pus bucket!

I remember them pricks back in TBC. I loved to duel them.

I played a feral druid and I PvPed in a mixture of Tier 4, Sunwell Badge gear, some odds and ends I had put together and a PvP trinket (still never managed to get me two of "The 2-Ring" to finish the set though).

I loved it, I had maybe 35 resilience dueling these full brutal geared e-dicks and handing them their asses to them over and over again. My favorite was this full brutal geared, 2200 ranked, discipline priest. It would be a 6 minute duel followed by 6 minutes of watching him bitch and calling feral overpowered follewed by another 6 minute duel and so on. Spent over an hour doing this before he finally gave up trying to duel.

I personally hated arena though, I only played when my friends were short on games. It seemed so dull to me, the second I saw the other team I could already see how the whole match played out unless someone didn't listen. Also helped my friend in 2s as a feral/rogue, still bored the crap out of us, but was fun destroying the resto/warrior combos back then, just stealth around till we caught the resto druid and then burned him down in a CC chain between our intro's (I pounce, he garrote) his kidney shot, my maim and cyclone.

Best sport I even had in a duel was a full brutal warrior, ended the fight with him dead with 100 rage and I still had about 90% life. Was a good sport about it but said he felt kinda bad to be dead and still have full rage.
    Obligatory 1v1 isn't the same as arena and 2's comps were dumb.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Today its the same, create a character on EU-DE Aegwynn, the community is like an unholy lovechild between 12y old halo and league fans.

My memory is pretty good and i can´t recall many elitist people on the servers i played on. Such people are usually d*cks no matter if they are even good at all and you will find them anywhere and in any game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Today its the same, create a character on EU-DE Aegwynn, the community is like an unholy lovechild between 12y old halo and league fans.
    I had a Hunter on Aegwynn back in TBC, i really liked that server and generally speaking, met nice people. But there were a lot of "kids" too. Frostwolf on the other hand, now there was some elitist crap going on, but the competition was also big.