Ram Compatibility

Hi guys.
    I hope some of you familiar with ram can help me out.
    I'm really concerned about stability after a bad experience with another motherboard.

Which ram would be compatible on an Asus P9X79 pro?

I currently own these ram and it would be great if I could use one of these kits to save money
    Plug and play would be great, but if I have to change AI Overclock Tuner to X.M.P I'll be ok.
    But I want to avoid deep voltage tweaking.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233246

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231618

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16820231626

Quote Originally Posted by gguyss View Post
    I'm really concerned about stability after a bad experience with another motherboard.

Which ram would be compatible on an Asus P9X79 pro?
    This would be a fine case of RTFM, for both your old and new motherboard. There's a reason why manufacturers have list of memory which is tested to work properly with the board.

If I had to guess and buy something blind, I'd go for the Ripjaws Z because it's 1.5v and CL9.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2013-01-01 at 01:20 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

all 3 sets of ram would work in that motherboard. But like Vesseblah I would go with the Ripjaws Z or maybe the Corsair if you can get by with just 16g of ram and just oc to 1866

Definitely not the Corsairs because of those retarded heatsinks and CL10.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Thanks for the advice.
    I was leaning on the g.skills z's. G.skills homepage says they are compatible with the MB,
    but I couldnt find them in Asus QVL. Thoes list can't cover every ram out there.
    I was hoping to use my existing kit and not fork out money unnecessarily on a kit that is on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by jholdaway View Post
    all 3 sets of ram would work in that motherboard. But like Vesseblah I would go with the Ripjaws Z or maybe the Corsair if you can get by with just 16g of ram and just oc to 1866
    RAM is binned pretty tightly so its difficult to overclock up to the higher bin without some 'deep voltage tweaking'.

Samsung RAM is an exception to this since their RAM isn't really binned at all. If the OP is only looking for 32 GB RAM in 8 slots, then grab these and go 1866 Mhz.

I was hoping to use my existing kit and not fork out money unnecessarily on a kit that is on the list.
    If you already have the kit, might as well try it out before buying a new set.

I was actually thinking of getting some Samsungs.
    Do you think I could knock down thoes timings to 9-9-9-24?

I was actually thinking of getting some Samsungs.
    Do you think I could knock down thoes timings to 9-9-9-24?
    I think there's a good chance you can get those timings at 1866.

Here are a couple reviews from Newegg for the Samsung RAM:

I set the timings at 9,9,9,24 and at 1866Mha and they work perfect. No errors on memtest.
    RAM timing= 9-10-10-24-1t
    Voltage= 1.5v
    Speed= 2133mhz
    Running it rock solid stable at 2076 (12x173) 10-10-10-28 t1 @1.5v.
    i've got mine running at 2133MHz @ 1.45V and it's dead stable
    Clocked at 1923mhz 9-9-9-24-1T 1.5v
    Windows 8 experience of 8.1
    but I set it to 9-9-9-24-1T on 1866 and they've been flying
    I think Samsung's success with their SSDs carried over to their RAM.