Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Really? Because it sure as hell looks like he enjoyed the hell out of responding to me. If he didn't, he would have just said something along the lines of "It just looks cool" or something.

    Lot of people in this thread appear to have a broom sized stick up their ass tonight.
    Our opinions differ, therefor i must be a bitter person with a broom up my bum.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacia View Post
    Scientific proof that some people don't realise you really shouldn't fool around in your job. Do it on free time
    ....you DO realize that said GM's job IS IN A DAMNED GAME, rite? GAME = FUN. At least for most people. GMs are allowed to be human every now and again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    they must be witches then, shall we drown them or burn them at the stake?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Our opinions differ, therefor i must be a bitter person with a broom up my bum.
    I found a witch! BURN IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    So people like you are the reason why people like me have to wait for days to get responses to real pressing concerns.
    Stop wasting my time please.
    Petitions haven't been at a day, let alone days, in a long time. MAYBE the first week of expansions. Legitimate "pressing concerns" generally get answered very swiftly.

    Protip: whining about how someone called you a bad name in LFD isn't a pressing concern.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

  4. #24
    Posting an image couldn't have been more difficult than typing this out.

    /r/conspiracy

  5. #25
    Am I the only person that immediately thought of the movie "The Big Hit" when you read the GM response ?

  6. #26
    wow... just wow... i can't believe there's actually people so detracted from the fact that wow is in the end just a game/a source of fun and that sometimes you just need to loosen up a bit and have some fun with a ticket... seriously guys just take a break or something, go live a little, have some fun!!!
    on-topic: awesome reply haha keep em comin, I miss the funny gm replies to things, there used to be a lot more.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post

    Protip: whining about how someone called you a bad name in LFD isn't a pressing concern.
    Yeah, because that is something I'd write a ticket about.
    On my sever we still have up to 5 days of waiting time for a GM response. Maybe you're playing on some unpopulated server, I don't. I don't get my "pressing concerns" answered very swiftly.

    Protip: Stop being a douche.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Yeah, because that is something I'd write a ticket about.
    On my sever we still have up to 5 days of waiting time for a GM response. Maybe you're playing on some unpopulated server, I don't. I don't get my "pressing concerns" answered very swiftly.

    Protip: Stop being a douche.
    You just lost all credibility to your responses. GM's are not separated by realm and are in no way associated or respond based on realm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

  9. #29
    Only a child would find this amusing, or a create a ticket for this. Or people desperate for someone to talk to.

    GM's are there to do a job and help people with real issues. BS tickets like this is the reason queues are days long.

    This is the equivalent of going to a cafeteria (or any place of service) somewhere and you're just standing up there bullshitting with the lady taking orders, while there is a line a mile long behind you of people who still need to be served.

    Considerate people, I don't expect from this game.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-01-01 at 08:32 AM.

  10. #30
    I'd just like to point out to the people calling this a waste of time, 50% of the (far more than 1 person) people that saw this have probably chuckled, and have a slightly improved view of GMs and Blizzard staff in general, thats why Blizzard allows things like this and the funny RP stuff all GMs do, its a PR stunt which makes you talk about your experience beyond just "OH I PUT IN A TICKET!" "ORLY?" "YEAH, IT WAS FIXED!"

    Also for anyone that has very long wait times, the reason its that long is because your ticket has been flagged as unimportant, things like this ticket may be flagged as a bit of fun on your lunch break, which in no way effects queue times for real issues, and could even increase productivity among GMs as they're a little more upbeat and happy for the rest of the day
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-01-01 at 08:34 AM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    You just lost all credibility to your responses. GM's are not separated by realm and are in no way associated or respond based on realm.
    Whatever, so it's not based upon the realm I'm playing on. Doesn't change the time I have to wait for a response.
    My protip still stands.

  12. #32
    Dreadlord Forgottenone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Raven Hill, Duskwood
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    GM's are there to do a job and help people with real issues. BS tickets like this is the reason queues are days long.
    Perhaps you should make a post on their realm forums complaining about responses like this and use this as an example? Oh wait, people have done that and have been shut down by Blizz who finds this completely and totally acceptable. I think Blizz sees it as they go through hundreds and hundreds of tickets, if they properly answer/assist with 99 real tickets by players they are allowed 1 ticket to ya know, have a bit of fun.

    Again though I could be wrong but from the looks of posts like this and responses on their forums I highly doubt it. They are doing their job fine, end of story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Whatever, so it's not based upon the realm I'm playing on. Doesn't change the time I have to wait for a response.
    My protip still stands.
    I can't help but think you are lying, any real concern (harassment, guild theft, exploiting) has a response from a GM that is answered within 1 day from my end. I play on US-Black Dragonflight. Again I could be wrong here but I just don't see how any real problems takes "days" to get a response.

  13. #33

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Perhaps you should make a post on their realm forums complaining about responses like this and use this as an example? Oh wait, people have done that and have been shut down by Blizz who finds this completely and totally acceptable. I think Blizz sees it as they go through hundreds and hundreds of tickets, if they properly answer/assist with 99 real tickets by players they are allowed 1 ticket to ya know, have a bit of fun.

    Again though I could be wrong but from the looks of posts like this and responses on their forums I highly doubt it. They are doing their job fine, end of story.
    I don't know what you're talking about. What Blizzard thinks about these tickets, or how their job performance is, is irrelevant and has nothing to do with my gripe. I don't have any issue with how GM's do their jobs.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Whatever, so it's not based upon the realm I'm playing on. Doesn't change the time I have to wait for a response.
    My protip still stands.
    In the game of life my friend you have failed...

    Awesome post, glad GM's can have fun at their job's. For all of you who say work is just work and no fun, you must hate your life. I work at a large law firm and have a blast every day whether it be making jokes or just talking smack.

  16. #36
    High Overlord titcch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon EU
    Posts
    184
    And I thought I was a grumpy person... some people in here, wow.

    There is PLENTY of GM's in-game. If you honestly think customer support is about being super serious 24/7 then you're wrong. I've done a role similar to this before and making the end-user smile & laugh is all part of the job and actually makes you feel like you did a better job just making THEIR day a tiny bit better than before.
    WoW Retired (December '13) - Titchy@PS4

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    the lack of sense of humor in this thread is depressing.

    I enjoyed this post
    this^ learn to have some fun too without which life is meaningless.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by titcch View Post
    And I thought I was a grumpy person... some people in here, wow.

    There is PLENTY of GM's in-game. If you honestly think customer support is about being super serious 24/7 then you're wrong. I've done a role similar to this before and making the end-user smile & laugh is all part of the job and actually makes you feel like you did a better job just making THEIR day a tiny bit better than before.
    Unless your job dealt with 1MIL+ customers then you can't really compare the two.

    Yes, there are plenty of GM's out there in the world of warcraft, but if you've been keeping up with blue posts and Q&A's where players ask the blizz employees, they've admitted themselves that they have to handle large amount of tickets (which is one of the main reason why tickets take forever for a GM to reply) and its a rather tedious process (organizing and prioritizing the tickets as well as troubleshooting until the problem is fixed).

    The players here are right in saying that the OP should avoid making tickets like these because other players with more serious game-related problems need the help.

    But other than that...fun sceenie i guess :/ ?
    Last edited by TidesOfBlood; 2013-01-01 at 08:53 AM.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    Unless your job dealt with 1MIL+ customers then you can't really compare the two.

    Yes, there are plenty of GM's out there in the world of warcraft, but if you've been keeping up with blue posts and Q&A's where players ask the blizz employees, they've admitted themselves that they have to handle large amount of tickets (which is one of the main reason why tickets take forever for a GM to reply) and its a rather tedious process (organizing and prioritizing the tickets as well as troubleshooting until the problem is fixed).

    The players here are right in saying that the OP should avoid making tickets like these because other players with more serious game-related problems need the help.

    But other than that...fun sceenie i guess :/ ?
    How can you be sure the other players concerns are pressing? Do you know what issues they were having? I guess this is a bit subjective not objective.

  20. #40
    Stood in the Fire TheFNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, dodging bullets
    Posts
    499
    Holy cow. Responses in this thread are why we don't get nice things.

    One GM makes an enjoyable response to one ticket and it is indicative of every ticket in the entire support system. Seriously take some time and dislodge the branch from your anus.

    Good job Mr or Mrs. Gm. That was clever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •