Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    This.

People should stop bothering the GMs with such nonsense. He could have done his job by responding to 2-3 pressing concerns rather than this.

A job is a job. Have your fun elsewhere.
    Tickets have a priority system, I'm not sure exactly how it works but I know that when it comes to reporting cheats, harassment, or need assistance getting unstuck or w/e etc they answer them a lot faster than they do questions about things in the game.
    So no, this GM probably got through the important stuff and around to the fun stuff, and answered it, in a fun manner. It's part of their job description.

You have to wonder when negative people like Snuzzfizzle ever had an in-game issue that REALLY prevented them from playing... I guess never, but they belong to the entitled group of players that we see these day that want everything their way and want it now. Most issues don't prevent you from doing other stuff in the game...

I make these kind of tickets all the time, so sue me. I've even had GMs spawn in our raids fooling around. Once they researched a bug I had with healing for a long time until we realized that the expac removed some spell and I hadn't read about it.

Also for critical issues I've never had to wait for more than half a day or so (stuff like "I can't log in!" or "guildbank gone"). I don't see what other issues could be critical... bugged character? Play an alt! All gear gone? It's your own damn fault for getting hacked!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Tickets have a priority system, I'm not sure exactly how it works
    It's automated. All it does is push tickets with key-words like "hacked" nearer to the top. It doesn't mean all issues will get answered before "I got a bag in LFR and what is this?" or "herp derp tell me a joke pls!" tickets. I got feared the other week and fell through the floor. Because I was falling but didn't die I couldn't use /stuck or hearthstone and I had to wait 2 days to be able to play that character, missing a raid because of it. I've also had times where I've sent a ticket and the response has been referring to some other character that I don't own (it happened twice on the same ticket, first calling me Stonebeard and talking about random nonsense, then Alcyria or something). In that instance I had to wait 4 days for a fix because I had to wait in line 3 times.

As I said, all it takes is 1% of the playerbase to post dumb tickets of any sort to waste so much time that could be spent answering legitimate tickets and fixing problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of doubt that one person making a ticket asking a question that can be answered in "fun" way is clogging up ticket queues.

Think of all the annoying, irritating, stressful tickets that GMs have to deal with every single day, and then give them a break because they choose to take a few minutes to come up with a fun, thoughtful response to one ticket every now and again to relieve a little of that stress and have a little fun at work. People who have fun are a heck of a lot more likely to be happy, especially in their jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I kind of doubt that one person making a ticket asking a question that can be answered in "fun" way is clogging up ticket queues.
    You're making it sound like the OP is the only one putting in "silly" tickets.

While humorous, this isn't the purpose of the ticket system and you inflate the waiting process by posting useless tickets...

It was originally part of the warlock quest to get your female demon...

... but people complained that was too tank and spank.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Fun Blizzard GMs are too few! Had a few late night encounters where they've actually dropped in to the zone and shown off some cool toys. One once told me an awesome joke I'll try and recite:

A Hunter and a Rogue go into a bar. They both order a shot of vodka. The barman goes off, pours two shot glasses of vodka, and sets them down in front of the Hunter and the Rogue. Before the Rogue has a chance to drink his, the Hunter grabs them both, and downs them in succession.

"What the hell!?" the Rogue exclaims.

"Multishot!" cries the Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelmandan View Post
    wow some of you people dont know how to have fun in a game its a game even the GM get tired of hearing help help help! some times they want too have fun too. imean they could be really evil and send doom lord kazz around to kill people now im sure that the fun you really dont want do you?
    It doesn't matter if they get tried of helping people. If anyone in any other customer service department decided that they would rather write stories than help customers would get fired.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 12:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Awesome respone by the GM.

To those saying the GM isn't doing his job, well he still seems to have his job and Blizzard accepts what he and other GMs do. So despite what you think is unacceptable it means squat to Blizzard. People complain about this stuff and when blues respond to fun threads, well if they aren't allowed to do it then you probably wouldn't see any posting. What YOU consider a waste a time =/= what they consider a waste a time and this response and the responses on the website are facts. If they considered it a waste of time they could have ignored/dismissed it easily and you know it.

Again awesome response, haters gonna hate.

edit*

Remember Blizzard doesn't care if you think they aren't doing their job right, they have made millions of dollars running the company they want and allowing their employees to do what they think is right. So far it seems to be working
    By that logic, bots haven't been banned because Blizzard is okay with botting?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    GM's used to be fun, its soul sucking views like this that have made their job even shittier.
    Seriously this. The GMs don't mind it. If the OP's question gave the otherwise unoccupied GM something to do and brightened his day then it was far from "useless" or "worthless."

From time to time I make silly tickets and I'm not about to stop, while I receive positive feedback from the GMs, just because someone on some forums has no sense of humor. Unless the OP's response was automated, the GM obviously didn't have much to do if they typed all of that out. If the OP didn't submit their silly ticket then that GM would still not have had anything to do.

The second I read all these fun hating comments made me realize I don't fit in with the online community anymore and should just go outside and have some fun, thank you for showing me guys that us WoW players are boring and would rather have a serious response to our question asking "OMG WHY IS THERE LAG ON THIS GAME OMG HALP" then have a good laugh. We do deserve all the harsh stereotypes we recieve I guess

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomenommer View Post
    The second I read all these fun hating comments made me realize I don't fit in with the online community anymore and should just go outside and have some fun, thank you for showing me guys that us WoW players are boring and would rather have a serious response to our question asking "OMG WHY IS THERE LAG ON THIS GAME OMG HALP" then have a good laugh. We do deserve all the harsh stereotypes we recieve I guess
    You have to realize we're likely dealing with people that are either teenagers or just coming out of their teens, and all the fun has been sucked out of childhood over the last 20 years or so, and we're going to be dealing with very angry bitter people who don't know what fun is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomenommer View Post
    You've never had a 7 day ticket, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    It doesn't matter if they get tried of helping people. If anyone in any other customer service department decided that they would rather write stories than help customers would get fired.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 12:32 PM ----------

By that logic, bots haven't been banned because Blizzard is okay with botting?
    I am sorry your life sucks, now how about take the time to be a funny person and make other peoples lives more enjoyable

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    You've never had a 7 day ticket, have you?
    I have actually, but considering the fact that all of these answers are easy to find, id say 99% of these HALP tickets are a huge waste of time, and also they set priorities, trust me these humorus responses are not what caused that, and if it was, suck it up and play another toon for 7 days or deal with it

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 06:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You have to realize we're likely dealing with people that are either teenagers or just coming out of their teens, and all the fun has been sucked out of childhood over the last 20 years or so, and we're going to be dealing with very angry bitter people who don't know what fun is.
    I am afraid you are right
    Last edited by Gnomenommer; 2013-01-01 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people complaining about the fun in the GM's response seem like the same toxic people who shriek uncontrollably in raids when one of the members DPS drops for a moment, salivate at the prospect of kicking 'casuals' out of the game, and experience labored breathing while trying to numbercrunch their next rotation.

You are the reason the rift between "hardcorez!1!" and "casualz!!" is so bad.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherForumPoster View Post
    GM is efficient and does job by the books- OMG what happened to all the fun GM's from vanilla!? This game is serviced by people who don't appreciate their players!
    GM is cordial and took a few moments for a quick joke- OMG my tickets about how I didn't get a piece of loot from LFR and got a bag wasn't answered!
    I can't add anything to this to make it more correct.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Really? Because it sure as hell looks like he enjoyed the hell out of responding to me. If he didn't, he would have just said something along the lines of "It just looks cool" or something.

Lot of people in this thread appear to have a broom sized stick up their ass tonight.
    Methinks you under estimate the size of the stick in these people's anal cavities...

The problem with all these people complaining, and claiming that tickets like the one in the OP are the reason for long wait times is...well you don't really know that, you're just scapegoating.

For example, do you know when the ticket was responded to? Maybe the GM did it on their lunch break (so it was their free time when they aren't obligated to answer "legit concerns.") Maybe they answered it right before they were off for the night/day and wouldn't have had time to start a ticket before they needed to head home, so they decided to have a bit of fun. etc, etc etc. The point is, is that you really don't know. All you do know is that tickets are prioritized, and that important issues get answered first (granted what's important to you, may not be considered important to blizz) To me that means that the only way this particular ticket got answered (and in the way it got answered) indicates that the GM did it on their off time, or right before they got off, or some other circumstances that would NOT clog que times. (I can think of a few more examples that also would not clog the que times, but I'll spare everyone that wall of text.)

P.S. The point is, stop complaining about things that at the end of the day you really have no idea weather or not effect you personally (or even indirectly!)
    Last edited by Diarslade; 2013-01-01 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That GM response was awesome. 10/10
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.