Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    More Twitter spin from GC

    The twitter discussion about Rogues just seems like more of the same to me, saying yes it is low, yes we screwed up, yes it is not fun to play. But at the same time offering no solutions or even ideas or even anything close to showing that they are thinking about an overhaul at all.

    Saying that rogues have always been low and that the current rock bottom representation of rogues cannot be due to MoPs disastrous handling of rogues and the total homogeneity of all three specs in pve.

    They have admitted they made mistakes in the PAST, but it has been a long time since the launch of LK or Cata, and nothing has been done.

    We may well have been low since WotLK, but there has been a colossal decline in rogue pop, that joystiq article shows as much in its data, but he just says

    "Check out the whole discussion. Rogue pop has been low since LK. That suggests it isn't recent PvP or talent changes."

    They just seem unable to admit that MoP is the anti-rogue expac, its like admitting they dropped the ball in MoP will harm them in some way.
    Last edited by SilkDath; 2013-01-01 at 10:32 AM.

  2. #2
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,414
    THey'll fix it.... most classes have their bad periods and their good periods and let's not forget that rogues have had their good share of fame....

  3. #3
    The thing is, we really havent, everyone cried at the end of Cata because of broken pve items in pvp. But even when we had all those advantages the class was still lowly represented as a whole.

    The good thing to come out of it is that blizz know its not fun and we are always in the bottom of population, but still offer nothign fun to fix it, a move away from passive damage is the only way to get the population back up, but I have a feeling the devs will resist making rogues a more active class.

  4. #4
    He is right in that rogue population has hugely dropped in LK and has stayed low ever since.

    IMO the reason for that is that rogues lost a lot of their 1v1 stunlock power with WOTLK. Rogues are the only melee pure DPS class, which makes them more frustrating to play in PVE and PVP if you cant control your enemy (also stealth was still -%move speed back then). Hunters, Locks, and Mages have never had the problem of being too weak in PVE leveling.

    I know there's still tons of rogues around but they're just not being leveled.

  5. #5
    This is you: http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/false-cause

    Pointing to Ghostcrawler's twitter, Silkdath shows that Ghostcrawler admits that the rogue population is low, whilst at the same time, Mists of Pandaria is the most recent expansion that came out; thus Mists of Pandaria is an "anti-rogue" expansion.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  6. #6
    Didn't you guys just get a legendary all to yourselves? So you're not op for a few months, play a Warrior till 5.2

    Infracted
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-01-01 at 04:29 PM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arkan/advanced Death Knight (Main)

    Giving out as many SoR as possible. If interested, send me a PM, I'm on Kirin Tor US

  7. #7
    it amuses me somewhat how he talks like a slimey car salesman or something. always weaving in and out of answering questions etc

  8. #8
    The Patient Mutix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bedford, England
    Posts
    250
    Not trying to be rude, but i don't understand this thread. its GC saying a fact and that is all? Theres loads of threads about our passive damage, and like already mentioned all classes peak and trough.

  9. #9
    my theory on why rogues are so unpopular is because they are sooooo boring visually.

    they have no cool looking spells at all. And their selling point (stealth) isn't even unique to them, even if they do it better than any1 else.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

  10. #10
    Another reason why rogues are and have stayed unpopular is that all three of their specs are playing very much the same. Compare that to any other pure DPS class -- all Lock and Mage specs are clearly different from each other. Hunters MM and SV are probably closer than they should be but BM again is a lot different.

    All Rogues do is hit button until combo points, then hit button until no combo points. And keep up rupture. In all three specs.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Another reason why rogues are and have stayed unpopular is that all three of their specs are playing very much the same. Compare that to any other pure DPS class -- all Lock and Mage specs are clearly different from each other. Hunters MM and SV are probably closer than they should be but BM again is a lot different.

    All Rogues do is hit button until combo points, then hit button until no combo points. And keep up rupture. In all three specs.
    eh in higher end gear rupture is a dps loss as combat

  12. #12
    Rogues have had plenty of fame... While that doesn't mean they should be underpowered, it does mean that they haven't simply been ignoring rogues this whole time. Notice rogue popularity dropped when DKs were introduced, since DKs were pretty much rogues but without stealth, and with plate armor. They have all the anti-caster abilities and utility of rogues while still having an energy-like playstyle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!


    My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    This is you: http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/false-cause

    Pointing to Ghostcrawler's twitter, Silkdath shows that Ghostcrawler admits that the rogue population is low, whilst at the same time, Mists of Pandaria is the most recent expansion that came out; thus Mists of Pandaria is an "anti-rogue" expansion.

    You need to work on comprehension skills before using logic in any situation. Rogue population has always been low, it PLUMMETED with MoP release, my reasoning stands.

    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

  14. #14
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    95
    The problem is not that we are performing poorly, our damage is par at best but i'm okay with that. The problem is that even being seemingly overpowered in 4.3- MoP pre pactch with legendaries and all we were the lowest represented class if not just ahead of locks. Now look at locks in MoP, they got a rework and they have 3-4% more players if i recall correctly, that is massive. Rogues even if putting out good damage or having solid CC it it gotten very dull in comparison to other classes. Even people who complained about rogues being OP think they are weak in most senses at the moment, i think we truly need a rework.

    The people who say, oh why are you guys complaining you were OP in cata, now that you are nerfed you cry. That is besides the point, i would MUCH rather have average damage with a interesting, engaging rotation with useful utility. As it stands there is nothing i can think of that a rogue can do that a different class cant do better, Maybe cleaving but that is getting a 75% nerf in 5.2.

  15. #15
    Well as all the rogue that read allot, and wrote allot, know what el matador gc said... i don't read forum's yall..... hes ze master. And i never saw him give a straight solid answer up..ever..he just avoids all the q by giving non answers. He use to say non stop rogues are fine np.. he butchered us in silence, not saying a word, not writing anywhere, just letting us like morons to find out on our own, ofc after you killed you're self lvling. And now he was forced to remade the rogue giving new talents .. yea ok its a step us , but still rogue problems remain the same... Its amazing how he still has the balls to say rogues are not i decline giving bulshet examples in x pach, x times... just admit we are the most not represented class, and we are in decline massive. Mop is anti rogue expansion as allot say.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkDath View Post
    yes it is low, yes we screwed up, yes it is not fun to play
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkDath View Post
    They just seem unable to admit that MoP is the anti-rogue expac
    In one post, you say [1] Blizzard admits they make mistakes, and [2] that they seem unable to do so.
    Make up your mind before you post. Or better yet, don't post at all.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-01-01 at 04:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    There's always, ALWAYS a "huge uproar" about anything Blizz does, usually from people who either don't entirely understand the thing they're complaining about, or refuse to acknowledge that most players are perfectly okay with the current state of affairs. Whenever people complain that they don't listen to feedback it mostly means "they don't listen to ME ME ME".
    My new signature. Thanks.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    In one post, you say [1] Blizzard admits they make mistakes, and [2] that they seem unable to do so.
    Make up your mind before you post. Or better yet, don't post at all.
    hmmm and how axactly did you contribute with you nonsense to this discussion ?
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues in MoP:

    -Reroll another class, who wants rougue's anyway.
    -Diablo 3 Sold 15 Million Copys
    -Haste will fix it
    -Rogue's are fine

  18. #18
    Brewmaster OneSent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Forest
    Posts
    1,432
    All of the rogue complaints surrounding this expansion has me a bit worried. There have always been complaints, but never like this. It's like most of the rogues who are complaining were the same ones who rerolled when the generic legendary daggers were introduced and we were on the top of the world.

    But now that rogues have settled down to the same familiar place they have been for a majority of their lifetime, those same players are having a hard time coping with it.

    I worry that Blizzard will take all of this negative feedback from the post-legendary rogue all-stars and make drastic unnecessary changes to the class. We are the only class that has not undergone the same crazy, whack-a-mole, proc-happy transition that every other class has received in the past 2 years.

    What is it that you guys want? A chaotic playstyle with unpredictable, random elements and buttons lighting up all over the place? People complain about our damage being too passive - name one time in the history of the class when it wasn't? Gemming for the white hit cap in TBC says "hello".

    My class still plays the same way it did when I first fell in love with it. And I don't want to see them change it because you guys think it's a little "boring". There are 10 other classes to choose from that might suit your short attention spans. So why don't you do the rest of us a favor and put your FOTM rogue on the shelf until Blizzard throws us another legendary and you can dust him off again.
    If you showed a caveman our technology, he would think it was magic. If you showed modern man magic, he would think it was technology.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    In one post, you say [1] Blizzard admits they make mistakes, and [2] that they seem unable to do so.
    But they don't, do they? Their responses echo the concept of a potential mistake, possible having been made somewhere down the line, but what the mistake is? Whether they actually consider it a mistake? Whether they're trying to correct it? Whether they have plans down the line? We're not told anything specific. We get a politically correct reply, without any specifications or clarification. While I do know that they're mainly replying in this fashion to save their own skin, it's still frustrating to be left in the dark, as a consumer.

    For instance; When faced with the question, "Are rogues boring?" I remember the reply of GC to go something like this:
    "I believe that other classes have more interesting takes on what rogues provide."

    Well... What does that tell us? It's a "Yes-" or "No-" question, yet his answer doesn't answer the actual question, doesn't tell us why rogue abilities are inferior to those of other classes, doesn't say whether they consider this an issue, doesn't tell us whether it'll be addressed at some point or not... He's not really telling us anything, apart from other classes, for some unknown reason, having better abilities than rogues have.

    So when SilkDath says, they admit to mistakes without admitting to mistakes, he's not entirely wrong. They rarely speak in absolutes, until it finally suits their agendas.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkDath View Post
    You need to work on comprehension skills before using logic in any situation. Rogue population has always been low, it PLUMMETED with MoP release, my reasoning stands.

    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
    Even still, just because it dropped further with MoP doesn't mean MoP is an expansion with "anti rogue" as the theme. Regardless, my comment wasn't a strawman, because I didn't exaggerate or misinterpret your post. I still stand by what I said.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •