Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Well, being worst dps class in game except for priests and hunters at the moment is not a place I'd like ret to see.
    We're in a fine place. We're a hybrid class. If you don't want a challenge, roll a mage and top the meters. If you want a challenge, roll a Paladin and attempt to top the meters.

Pures will always do more dps than Hybrids.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Pures will always do more dps than Hybrids.

That isn't entirely the case anymore. It ends up working as such because pures have 3 specs To abuse on every fight when hybrids have one. But in design, there is no hybrid tax anymore.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    That isn't entirely the case anymore. It ends up working as such because pures have 3 specs To abuse on every fight when hybrids have one. But in design, there is no hybrid tax anymore.
    Are you saying that Blizzard should design encounters around hybrids? I didn't understand your post

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    encounters are not design around a class that would be really bad for the game. And for the tip you should know that pures are not the same they were. A rogue can selfheal as good as a ret paladin with less energy given for that so where is the hybrid ?

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet View Post
    That the position of retribution hasnt changed too much. Still situational burst dmg as it was in WOTLK
    Also wanted to say hi
    are you talking about ret pve or pvp?

ret pve is actually not bad at least we arnt completely bottom and ive seen good rets really wrecking up there on the charts ....

ret pvp on the other hand gives me nightmares ... ret is only a 15 second class in pvp thats about it....

Are you saying that Blizzard should design encounters around hybrids? I didn't understand your post
    He's saying that a mage can opt to go fire on aoe fights, frost on cleave fights, or arcane on single target burst fights, whereas ret is stuck with one option on all 3 (since other specs are taken by holy, prot).

Ret is in a decent to fine spot in PVE, but PVP is still a shitshow this expansion. Bear in mind, that applies to most classes, as the balance is laughable and the burst (both heals and DPS) is too high, and there is too much instant, aoe CC flying around. Ret has not fared as well as some other classes (warriors, feral, even enhance) and still needs tuning even with the 5.2 changes (IMHO).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

what Nairobi said:P he said it better then me:P

10+ Year Old Account
    If the point of this thread was to talk about Ret in PvP or PvE, there are already threads open for that purpose.

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!